Cheese

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Lump, ducks are pretty cool. These two act like they live here -- I think they sleep under my slip and will probably nest there and raise some little ones. It's like having family. I have a Coot (mudhen) in the family as well -- just me and the animals -- I like it that way...

keep us posted on your cheese -- can you post pics?

Peace

Okay, the seeds have all sank -- I have the cups ready -- would I put the seed in the dirt pointy end up or down? I have asked this question before and got both possible answers. Which is it?

Or should I just bury the seed a quarter inch under (however it falls in there) and make sure it is damp? I know what Hick would say -- he would ask, "Do they all fall of the plant pointy tip up or down? Nature will take care of itself." It actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it -- but I want to be better than nature, so what is the most ideal way a seed could fall to earth?

Peace

I just drop them in the hole, they usually end up sideways, they work it out themselves, think about a plant in the wild dropping seeds, there is no one to place them the rite way up, it just happens.

I would trust them Rosy -- they should know -- but is that the answer? I know seeds fall in all the different ways possible out in nature, but a lot of those seeds don't grow. Only the ones that fall in the right place and in the right position will grow -- the lucky ones -- I want to take the luck factor out of it and place them ideally. I just want to know... So, on their side -- figures it would be a way I hadn't even considered :)

Peace

Okay, this is what I'm going to do -- it works pretty good for cloning, so why not seed planting.

I will spin around three times clockwise and spit, and then in the opposite dirrection, then spit again. I will say a prayer to the Hemp Goddess, chant into the vibrations of Nature as I wipe soil on my face and arms, and then toss the seeds in the damn hole. :)

Peace

pointy side up if you can get them to stay

When cannabis seeds germinate the root initially goes up and then curls over and goes down into the ground and then it straightens which causes the head of the seedling to be pulled out of the soil and into the light, it's a neat exercise in leverage and so logic would dictate the seed be placed with end bit which detaches from the plant facing upwards as is that not from where the first root emerges, not too sure myself?

But to be honest I doubt any gain could be gotten by positioning seeds individually as when they swell and crack open would move their position within the growing medium anyway.

DSC_0025-1.JPG

I always planted once cracked with the root tip downwards but thats not the case from what i have read ya should plant it deeper with the root upwards and it finds its way downwards all on its own tbh nowt going to be gained except maybe a sturdier plant as its had to do some work to crack the surface.
Now that piccy is just plain showing off your photography skills rockster.
Lol
T4

You got that right T4, what a cool pic -- I don't know which end is which, but it is still very cool -- thanks Rockster

There comes a time when talkin about it ain't gettin the seeds planted, so they have gone into the soil. They are about 1/4 in down in some MG seedling mix w/perlite added. Following one of the most interesting pictures I have ever seen from Rockster comes one of the most boring from me -- Here are the babies, still under their blanket of dirt, sitting under three hundred watts of MH. I feel good about these seeds.

100_0931-1.JPG

Here is another question.

How often should I dampen the soil covering the seeds?

Can you drown a seed?

Do you just treat it like a growing plant and water when it has almost dried up?

I'm just using PHed lake water. (The temp of the lake is right at 60 degrees. I am using it one gallon at a time. I have been since I screwed up trying to mix a 5 gallon batch and nearly killed what should have been my best plant) I bring it in and let it warm up to room temps and then apply it with a turkey baster.

The cups are draining well, Puff. I use a turkey baster which soaks them pretty fast without disturbing the soil. I figure to keep them about as wet as they would be in a paper towel -- they should grow.

On another note -- here are my ducks (Rocky and Betty Davis):

100_0935.JPG

A male and female mallard very pretty hemperfi.
Btw dont soak the pots just wet a little as they will root faster.
T4

for seedlings before they have popped their heads up and shortly after I like to keep them in a humidity dome. I don't want to see the surface soil getting dry, and I pre-moisten the soil before the seeds are plopped in. That has given me the best results. I do as puffin said and use a spray bottle.

I'm sure you'll love the cheese, I had a nice cut of cheese for a while and it was definitely one of my favorites!

Thanks T4, lama, I think I get the idea now -- I appreciate the input.

I am looking sooo forward to the CHEESE. :)

Peace

I think I'll move this thread into my journal -- This is actually the grow after next. One of the seeds is coming up out of the soil already. I'll post a pic in "First Journal" tomorrow

Peace

i got some of the exedus seeds still and a lot of others I am going to do a run can not wait... i am in a bit late but I am in if u do not mind

Latest posts

Back