Cold and no power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aw crap.....I hope ya all have a generator or gas heat....

I’ll bet there’s not a generator at lowdown Lowe’s or Home Depot within 500 miles

we are ok here for heat if the power goes down , we have natural gas and it is pretty cheap

those wind generators are a joke and a green ripoff...it costs more to decommission them and then bury them in North Dakota than all the power they can produce in their short lifespans...I bet they are even made in China...

aw crap.....I hope ya all have a generator or gas heat....

I’ll bet there’s not a generator at lowdown Lowe’s or Home Depot within 500 miles

we are ok here for heat if the power goes down , we have natural gas and it is pretty cheap

those wind generators are a joke and a green ripoff...it costs more to decommission them and then bury them in North Dakota than all the power they can produce in their short lifespans...I bet they are even made in China...
The majority of windmill and solar cell parts are in fact made in China
Thanks Joe

And ya'll think that I live in BFE (the boonies). I have lived here for 16 years and the longest i've lost power for is 8-10 hours once. Usually it will be an hour or two. The power company finally wised up and are putting the lines underground.

Stay warm Brothers, sending warm thoughts your way.
giphy.gif

If you're in Texas, you might like to know the reasons:
1. The gas suppliers were too cheap to dehumidify the gas, so they supplied humid gas which formed clathrates and froze in the pipes.
2. The wind turbine people, unlike in Europe. thought winter would never happen, so they failed to install any winter protection, and all the turbines stopped as a result.
3. Texas was too selfish and refused to connect its electric grid to other states, result: no ability to get power from elsewhere.
I suggest you begin asking questions / firing those responsible?

Hmmm, interesting. Doesn't downed power lines have a lot to do with it. I remember when I first moved to Colorado I worked for a company that buried power lines. Now our power outages mostly come from somebody cutting a line. You rarely see a telephone pole around here. Even where my cabin was located there were no poles....I know that cause I had to pay to bury the lines. This has really helped with outages. Here anyway.

Last edited:
Here, the power comes from a state company, the CFE. But we are barely staying online. Lack of investment. In Texas, the electric company was taken into private ownership and disconnected from the neighbouring grids. Texans are seeing just how well that works, now.

It's ok Hopper I will keep the fire burning for ya. SIL came buy for a resupply, Played our first game on the new ping ping table....I wore him our but he won 2 of 3....a youth...but a good work out and fun.....most of all another day day of fun in the shade of winter....

Loaded.....

Morning Gang. Power came back on at 4:15 am this morning. About fking time. I had ran out of firewood and had cut up all the 2x4s i had. It came on as i used my last piece of wood. 1st power we had since Monday morning at 3am.😜

I will gladly share my huge Hot Heater to plant between his two warm pillows , only take one load and he will warm right up.
So they have tole me. My name is Bubba................
mrw-i-put-on-a-warm-shirt-that-just-came-out-of-the-dryer-67532.gif

Latest posts

Back