Color of Weed Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indokid

el capitan
Reaction score
Dudes, I just got a halfO and I noticed some of the buds look a bit orangey, almost like they're dead leaves. I'm wondering if that's what it is, dead leaves, 'cause then that would mean they don't have crap for THC right? Could it be anything else? Let me know what you think. I took pictures but the quality isn't very good, I used a cellphone camera.

IMG00190.JPG

IMG00188.JPG

Hey man how are ya. you sure there not just red hairs?

hey dude.
Its not the hairs, and its not a red color really, its the actual leaves that are that color. it looks like dried leaves or something, but to tell you the truth i just tried it and its got me feeling good. :O

Could it be some burnt leaves from the grow and it just wasn't manicured well?

I was thinking burnt leaves too, 'Cause I had read the answer in Dizoelio's growjournal on the "orange" markings his plant had and these nuggs showed the symptom. Do you know about the effects it has? like on the quality. I assume it'd make it less potent, but I want to know for sure.
thanks

It's tough to see... The actual bud doesn't look burnt from what I can see. Maybe it was just neglected and got fried by nutes. If only the leaves are burnt then that's what it is. Both heat and nute burn has a negative effect on the final potency. But hey, if it gets you going still you can't really complain eh? ;)

hmm, you know what it does kinda have a weird smell to it, I noticed when I bought it. I'm not sure how to describe it though. Gasoline sounds almost right but not quite. Why, DL, you got another idea?

Well, I saw some bud that was all discolored once (few pounds) and all if it was stained orange... kinda like yours. I opened one bag and it was moist from a gas tank leaking on it... And reeked obviously. Well, as EDIT...junky as it is, we left it out to dry and mixed it in little by little to all the other ones. Just looking at the pic more... there is no "natural" way for it to discolor like that. Now, I think I'd be willing to bet the next bowl on gas spilling on that. It won't kill you, just may be a bit funky on the tongue. haha. Think about it and let me know...

Sounds like you need to stop smokin the BROWN FROWN lol..... JUST SAY NO TO SCHWAGG!!!!!NO NO BOBBY BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude if it gets you high when you smoke it, thank God you got it...

Wow, nice to see my Grow Journal almost helping. Yea my leaves were weird orange man, but they fixed themselves for the most part after I watered. If it is what I had then I doubt it would be a problem to smoke it. But I wouldn't trust Gasoline soaked crap, chermicles can evaporate but who knows what they leave behind.

And crappy bud is crappy, but it's good to have around when that gang of 3-6 people you don't really like want to smoke at your house.

why would you smoke with people you dont like at your house?
hell only a few select close friends even know where i live.

Hah, I wish that were the case for me. I am constantly forced to work with idiot actors.

Yeah, I don't think it's gasoline anyway. A freak accident like that happening twice is a bit farfetched. Whatever man! It got me high so I'll keep smoking it. :D

Haha, there you go. It's not really a freak accident, just a slip of the hand I suppose. Puff Puff and Away.

indokid said:
Yeah, I don't think it's gasoline anyway. A freak accident like that happening twice is a bit farfetched. Whatever man! It got me high so I'll keep smoking it. :D

It's gas. That's how some weed is transported, in the gas tanks of cars. Pretty common for a baggie or two to leak a bit.
Damn dude, I wouldn't smoke it if I were you!:eek:

half ounce...hmm, i`d smoke it. a sample first, see if you get any "undesired" effects.
take it easy man:cool: :**:

About smoking with people you don't really want around, unfortunately that is so true and it does happen, at least that's what I've had to deal with in college.

I don't want to tell anyone "I don't want to smoke with you" because it's a peace plant and it's nice to have somebody around while doing it, but sometimes it's with people you don't really like.

Latest posts

Back