Competition - One plant in restricted grow area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hubba: Yeah show me yours and i'll show you mine

genetics-mystery (not only to you guys but me too)
fertilizer-homemade (this is like a test run lol)
pictures!-cant find camera...
lights-3 CFL i forget the wattage and im not pulling it out cause its lights out for plants right now

pictures are still a no go cause i really dont know where my camera is and the lights are only 15 watters but i am planning on stepping that up soon

Ok folks decided carmen was an unfair advantage as she is well on her way to flowering, So instead i'm running mai li, a thai super skunk from g-13. She's about 2 weeks old, i think, and she's in the box. Now let's get to growing!

DCFC0002.JPG

DCFC0003.JPG

2 weeks? looks a little small have you started feeding her

Nope slow grower she took 4 days to pop, was about to give up when i noticed a small taproot, spent another full day nursing her through the soil.

the chef said:
Ok folks decided carmen was an unfair advantage as she is well on her way to flowering, So instead i'm running mai li, a thai super skunk from g-13. She's about 2 weeks old, i think, and she's in the box. Now let's get to growing!

Nice! Looks about as big as mine, plus i guess it's a fairly slow bloomer. We're head to head this grow!

Keewl, Better watch out i got her in the super veg box.
P.S. went back to my gj and mai li is 13 days from germ today.

Mine too... were are all head to head.... It will be so interesting... New pictures tomorrow. I promise.

What kind of cycle are youse running on for the vegging? I'm currently running 18/6 for my seedling. I read somewhere that people are running 24/0, but I'm not sure if this is necessary? Any thoughts on this?

KK do you run the HPS light for vegging.. I'm not sure it has the right colors... Might not matter but I never tried.

running 20/4 cause i got auto's in the mix on the same timer. It's all a matter of preference as far as the 24/0 thing, you have to find what works best fer your enviroment. I personally feel my ladies do better with a little nappy time, you may find your growing situation is different. looking forward to the pics!

RiskyPack said:
What kind of cycle are youse running on for the vegging? I'm currently running 18/6 for my seedling. I read somewhere that people are running 24/0, but I'm not sure if this is necessary? Any thoughts on this?

KK do you run the HPS light for vegging.. I'm not sure it has the right colors... Might not matter but I never tried.

No, hps has too little blue, but it works, just a little more stretch. And male/femalr ratio is a bit less good, but i don't care since i grow femed seeds. Plus i'm getting a mh now! right now.

There is a thread here somewhere about this guy experimenting with dif. lightcycles in veg. The grow with 18/6 outperformed the other by far, like 10% (yieldwise that is). The guy seemed to have been thorough, so i always have a 18/6 cycle once the first set of leafes show. Up til then i have 24 hours of light.

Just some pics of mai li, my thai super skunk. She's just loving the box! Hope your all doing as well or better!

DCFC0003.JPG

DCFC0004.JPG

DCFC0005.JPG

The MH-bulb is on it's way to my apartment. Curious how it will perform, but there should be a significant improvement. I hope. But my girls need some time before she's hit with that much light.

I really want to get a MH bulb also... But I'm on a bit of a tight budget atm :-(

Here are some pictures of my baby under my 125 watt CFL.

Chef: Try to use the macro setting when you take close-up photos. The symbol is normally a little flower on the camera.

Day 009 - 01.jpg

Day 009 - 02.jpg

Thanks risky will do, looking good! hah i got more leaves than u do:p

So it's been about a week above ground. Will transplant in just a few days, roots are comming out of the bottom

I don't have a fan creating a breeze and strengthening the stem, so i pinched my poor little girl. I had great results pinching my Blue Mystic, so i'm trying it this time to.

Good thing our plants are the same size. Got a feeling yours will be behind soon, Chef. If me and Risky treat our medium correctly, that is.

Take care/
k

DSC00991.JPG

I have decided now, that I will get the MH bulb also.
I have done absolutely nothing to strengthen the stem.. The last time they just got the fan when they entered the veg stage, and the stems grew very fat, so I hope the same will happen in this case.
I don't know how well I will succeed with this grow, I think I still have some hydro lessons to be learned.

Latest posts

Back