Complete First timer here we go!! Please give advice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gourmet said:
From my general gardening experience ...Often plants that are being over watered look like they are drying as if they are being under watered. That's because the roots start to rot and the water can not get up to the plant.

Hopefully im not over watering them, although im pretty certain I was under watering them. Ive never watered my plants enough that the water actually would drain from the bottom of the pots. Im going to try watering until water starts coming out the bottom then waiting for the soil to get dry, then water again till the water comes out the bottom. Its all trial and error for me friend! Thats the only way my mind learns things!

Ok well i think the extra water is helping my plants. No leaves seem to be yellowing anymore. Im using about 500ml 2 times every 3 days. I used to be giving only 200ml once per day, and before that like the first 1.5 months i was only giving them 75ml :eek: .

I tell ya my next crop is gona be even better from all the stuff ive learned this time around. Trial and error ftw. Heres a current pic of one of my budding plants. You can tell how tall it is by where it is on a door handle! Is that tall?

GEDC0215.JPG

Lookin good!! I'm also new to all of this, I've learned a good amount just reading through your journal.

So you seemed to noticed a difference watering more, less often? When you say your watering 500ml 2 times every 3 days, when exactly are you watering those two times? Thats 500ml a plant or for both plants?

GoRiLLa_NooB said:
Lookin good!! I'm also new to all of this, I've learned a good amount just reading through your journal.

So you seemed to noticed a difference watering more, less often? When you say your watering 500ml 2 times every 3 days, when exactly are you watering those two times? Thats 500ml a plant or for both plants?

Dont quote me on any of these since im a noob and this is my first time. But from my experince so far when I was watering less I assume that the water wasnt penitrating deep enough into the soil. When I was only watering 200ml the water would never come out the bottom of the plant, actually the soil was still dry around the holes. Now when I do 500ml every twice every 3 days, the soil seems damp when I poke my finger in the hole and touch the soil. So I figure the roots are everywhere in the pot so that means the water has reached everywhere in the soil.

As for when I do it twice every 3 days I usually just wait until the soil on top becomes dry and crusty again and thats when I give another 500ml (per plant). Anyways take what I tell you with a grain of salt because this is my first grow although my logic seems like it would be correct. No leaves are yellowing anymore. Although you should expect to see some yellowing when youre well into flowering from what ive read here. Problem was mine were yellowing when they were still veging so from what ive read it was from a lack of water.

Good luck man, start your own journal and show us what youve got goin on. :watchplant:

The ladies look great. Nice work so far. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Thanks for the quick reply, yea I was following your progress and was just curious if you noticed a difference now that your watering more.. It makes sense that the water is getting deeper into the soil therefore the plant is taking in more water. Right now Im just reading and taking in as much info as I can so when I start my grow hopefully I'll have a good idea of whats to come. I'll definitely set up a journal when I do, I've been looking for a good forum and I think I found it here..

So other then the miracle grow soil you havent added any extra nutrients or anything extra with watering? The reason I ask is there's so much out there to add to the plant I'm not sure where to start besides good fertilizer and soil.. I've also read from some of the more experienced growers that they will start to add extra nutrients when the plant looks like it needs it.. Either way there looking good, I bet you cant wait to sample it:hubba:

GoRiLLa_NooB said:
Thanks for the quick reply, yea I was following your progress and was just curious if you noticed a difference now that your watering more.. It makes sense that the water is getting deeper into the soil therefore the plant is taking in more water. Right now Im just reading and taking in as much info as I can so when I start my grow hopefully I'll have a good idea of whats to come. I'll definitely set up a journal when I do, I've been looking for a good forum and I think I found it here..

So other then the miracle grow soil you havent added any extra nutrients or anything extra with watering? The reason I ask is there's so much out there to add to the plant I'm not sure where to start besides good fertilizer and soil.. I've also read from some of the more experienced growers that they will start to add extra nutrients when the plant looks like it needs it.. Either way there looking good, I bet you cant wait to sample it:hubba:

Taking in info is the best way to go. I was completely clueless 3 months ago. But once you see them grow for the first time youll gain a lot of knowledge. Its only my first grow but since i've seen my plants in all their stages now I will know what to expect for my next grow. Keeping a journal is a great way to watch your progress.

As for my method of growing so far, yes all ive done is us regular h20 and miracle gro moisture control soil. I didnt even want to mes with nutes this first time around. I may try next time, but as for this time I just wanted to see what would happen if i planted some seeds in some soil. So far it has well exceeded my expectations. But it is a weed after all, weeds grow outside without any human intervention all the time with no problem.

As for cant waiting to sample it, youre damn right I cant wait to sample it! If its this easy to grow without adding any nutes and turns out to be half decent smoke it was well worth it since these little bastards are almost 3 feet tall right now and im sure will give me a good chunk of herb :eek:

Sorry for forgeting to post my update. I smoked all my bud and forgot :D

I got like an oz off each plant. It was pretty good too! I'm going to attempt hydro next. Thanks MPF!

Pay attention to what THG says my man. Works for me :)

Looking good so far keep it up. From what i read your just giving plain water right? I'm not sure about MG soil and that time release nutes it has, anyone think he should aid nutes? Also THG is right ditch that foil and buy mylar or flat white paint, if not now in the future for sure.

LOL- that was grown an smokered like 3 years ago

Latest posts

Back