Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are the Doctor Frankenstein of MP. Crash Journal is entertaining and educational. Love the circus side show plants you find. I am enjoying my Freak Show grow. Thanks.

BUZZED ON OLD MIMOSA FOGEY…
Me too crash all what he said and more. You are a fun crash catastrophe to watch and I’m glad you will be around for mor fun.
Enjoying Whatever he rolled and several beers in the garage listening to tunes and playing wall golf

One of my Freak Show plants appears to have stopped growing new top leaves on the meristem almost like it topped itself. There is a set of branches developing from the lowest node now. Has anyone seen that happen before?
90C5311A-99B9-4E10-B147-150768C94575.jpeg
These are weird plants…

The THC Bomb has developed what I think is potassium deficiency. With all the rain it's not been getting fed enough. I have some potash I'm thinking of using as top dressing. Not sure what the little marigolds underneath will think of it though.

The duct tape on the stem is to prevent a small split from getting bigger. I need to work on my LST with emphasis on low. I did some stem crush and bend yesterday that worked a lot better than just tying the branches down.

thcb06.jpg

Freak show may be getting too much light. The branches are all growing out of essentially the same node. I think it could use some pruning, but I have no idea where to start.

fs16.jpg

fs17.jpg

It's sharing the grow room with two caramelicious autos about two weeks old. Looks like one of them is a runt, but still growing faster than the freak show.

crml01.jpg

Freak show may be getting too much light. The branches are all growing out of essentially the same node. I think it could use some pruning, but I have no idea where to start.
Regardless of how these Freak Shows turn out, it sure is an interesting ride. We are all fortunate that they aren’t taking room away from other plants. Could be they are inbred to the point of failure. Or maybe the vendor made his or her own seeds and something went wrong. Freak Show is a good name. Kind of a throw back to the Freaks(bearded ladies, monkey boys and the like) in traveling circuses of old.

Mine has no inner node growth yet. It only 7-8” tall I could top them. They have 4 or 5 nodes. Wanted it to be a bit taller tho but maybe it would help it bush out
One of my Freak Shows stopped growing leaves on the top of the meristem. Weird. It is starting to grow leaves from the lowest node. The other two are like a Ken doll at the lower nodes.

Maybe that one did self top itself and that’s why the lower nodes are growing. I think I’ll top one of them tomorrow to see if I get inner node growth. Still they are so little to top…

I went ahead and topped mine to the extent possible. The little bit of growth I removed isn't even noticeable in a pic. Hopefully it will split into two branches in a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back