Cuttings - HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right guys/gals,

I am a bit lost with these clones, they are still wiltered and dont seem to of picked up even after 10 days, however, the leaves are not dry they look nice and green but the odd few of the leaves have gone yellow (is that due to no food - so plant starts to feed off itself?). Any advice would be appreciated.....

Sorry about that, the picture is from about 4 - 5 days ago but they look about the same today when I went, some of the tips on the leaves are going yellow too.

Cuts.JPG

These little ladies are getting PH-ed water only @ 6.0 and about 6 feet away from a 600w HPS.

No, I didn't use one the first time I took clones and they turned out fine no problems at all, but the first time I took clones it was about 3 weeks befor roots come out the bottom of the rockwool, so should I leave them?

They are looking real sad.

A propagator certainly would have helped.
I always used to use 1.
18/6 cycle
newspaper shade to start with (on top of the propagator)
After a few days I would crack the vents a little by little
Until they had rooted.
7 to 10 days at the most.

What can I do with them? about 5 of them have stood up and look good but I was hoping for at least 18 of them to turn out ok

Try n find a suitable container that they will fit in.
Have a look see at my clone link, it has moved on just a little bit, I have made do with a clear container, as my heated propagator has not been seen since we moved.

That is a big container, I will have to find something like that, I have also noticed you have cut the leaves back and I read some where that it is good thing to do that but I wasn't sure.

This

cuttings

used to be my

Bread n Butter

back in the UK

If you plan to do more cuttings

I would recommend that you buy a large THERMOSTATICALLY HEATED PROPAGATOR

I have found one! 50 litre clear plastic box £10 @ argos am going to pick one up tomorrow. Thanks for your help bud.uncle...

camcam said:
I have found one! 50 litre clear plastic box £10 @ argos am going to pick one up tomorrow. Thanks for your help bud.uncle...

I would recommend that you buy a large THERMOSTATICALLY HEATED PROPAGATOR

How much are them? am from the UK, if you are from the UK can give me rough price?

I, personally think that you have far too much vegetation left on the clones. I never leave that much leaf material on my clones. I also always use a cloning gel, and a humidity dome. It takes a lot of energy for the plant to try and support that many leaves and also grow roots.

Latest posts

Back