Cuttings - HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man those things look fine to me, just a little wilted from the lack of humidity. I got about 40-50 clones sitting 2 1/2 feet from a 400 watt MH with temps in the 26-28 degree heat and they have all rooted in about 7-12 days. If you want them to perk up just go to walmart and buy the big clear plastic bin with the clear lid, its in the aisle with the blue tupperware storage bins put your plants in that give them a mist and leave em for a while. They look fine to me though just give em time.

POTUS said:
This is what I use man.

$40 USD

About 25 Euros

ABOUT £20

Put a 150 watt HPS about 2 feet above it until your seedlings/clones are well on their way and your seedlings or clones will love you.

The Hydrofarm Hot House

greenshorticulture.co.uk/Details.asp?ProductID=577&maincat=23&subcat=145

ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-SANKEY-GRO-WARM-300-HEATED-PROPAGATOR-KIT_W0QQitemZ380046673628QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item380046673628

Tater said:
Man those things look fine to me, just a little wilted from the lack of humidity. I got about 40-50 clones sitting 2 1/2 feet from a 400 watt MH with temps in the 26-28 degree heat and they have all rooted in about 7-12 days. If you want them to perk up just go to walmart and buy the big clear plastic bin with the clear lid, its in the aisle with the blue tupperware storage bins put your plants in that give them a mist and leave em for a while. They look fine to me though just give em time.

Tater,

I am from the UK we don't have walmart over here, however, I think Asda are the same company which are based in the UK??

Well I have had alook at some of these clones this morning and they have started popping roots out the bottom of the stem, they have taken a long time tho, but like I said not so long back my other 6 clones (what are now in bloom), it took about 3 - 4 weeks it might be the strain am not sure???

Any clear tub with some foam tape on the top and a lid will do just fine dosen't have to be from walmart, glad to see they haven't taken over the entire world just yet :p Glad to hear you got roots.

I am by no means an expert. matter of fact i suck!. i am the killer of clones. But i did talk to an expert at the Hydro shop yesterday,
i was told that it is easy as hell.
small foam or plastic cups with 10 holes in the bottom.
small pan to put small cups in.
plain potting soil no super nutes(they dont have roots and dont need them)
Clonex gel
a small tub
a plexi glass for over the tub
flor light

take cutting with more than one leaf branch. take off bottom leaves
sharp 45 degree cut at base of stemm from the mother(this is to help the mother recover)
plain 6.0 water to put cuttings in.
putsoil in the cups afterpoking holes. push a hole in the soil with a pencil
plave pan in the plastic tub
take a saucer with water in it. put cuttings in saucer, make another cut at base 45 degrees under water with a razor. dip in clonex
place stem in the soil where the pencil hole was made. press soil down after.
place all cups in the pan, into the tub. take access water. moisten all cups and place the rest in the pan. put in plexi glass. then set light up above 18/6.
tub must be kept around 80 degrees
first 3 days, once a day. lift plexi and wipe dry then reset. after the 3 days you can pull plexi and wipe leaving lid off for 10-15 min. watch for leaf droop. when about 25-30% place plexi back on. repeat daily a little longer each day for 2-3 weeks this should aclimate the plant and you dont need to mist the leaves. If anyone tries this soon. let me know if i got it all right. i should be doing this in 5 weeks

city said:
I am by no means an expert. matter of fact i suck!. i am the killer of clones. But i did talk to an expert at the Hydro shop yesterday,
i was told that it is easy as hell.
small foam or plastic cups with 10 holes in the bottom.
small pan to put small cups in.
plain potting soil no super nutes(they dont have roots and dont need them)
Clonex gel
a small tub
a plexi glass for over the tub
flor light

take cutting with more than one leaf branch. take off bottom leaves
sharp 45 degree cut at base of stemm from the mother(this is to help the mother recover)
plain 6.0 water to put cuttings in.
putsoil in the cups afterpoking holes. push a hole in the soil with a pencil
plave pan in the plastic tub
take a saucer with water in it. put cuttings in saucer, make another cut at base 45 degrees under water with a razor. dip in clonex
place stem in the soil where the pencil hole was made. press soil down after.
place all cups in the pan, into the tub. take access water. moisten all cups and place the rest in the pan. put in plexi glass. then set light up above 18/6.
tub must be kept around 80 degrees
first 3 days, once a day. lift plexi and wipe dry then reset. after the 3 days you can pull plexi and wipe leaving lid off for 10-15 min. watch for leaf droop. when about 25-30% place plexi back on. repeat daily a little longer each day for 2-3 weeks this should aclimate the plant and you dont need to mist the leaves. If anyone tries this soon. let me know if i got it all right. i should be doing this in 5 weeks

Sounds good to me....

Well, I have some good news - 9 out of the 25 clones have rooted successfully so I am really happy so far...

I will keep you updated on the other clones.

Roots.JPG

City: Cloning in soil dosn't help the guys that are running hydro systems :p

CamCam if the other ones are still green and not mush by now then they have rooted, just be patient they will pop. One thing that will kill clones faster than you can roll a joint is chlorinated water, make sure you leave your water out for at least 24 hours if you are using tap water. I just used that tub I was talking about and cloned 50 for 50 in 10 days. Plus I got two from my fridge in there and they are healthy as can be, this plant is pretty tough.

Even better news today! 13 out of the 25 have roots coming out the bottom of the rockwool, the other clones look ok to me but no roots yet....

Cheers for the info Tater.....

City: Cloning in soil dosn't help the guys that are running hydro systems

well then. i thought you could run this in rock wool or soil. the guy who runs the hydro shop told me it worked for both. said once it starts to root well in soil after 2 weeks wrap the roots in a paper towl and set in pasket with clay pellet.

Yet more good news! 15 out of the 25 have now got roots... yeeehaaaa

camcam said:
Yet more good news! 15 out of the 25 have now got roots... yeeehaaaa

Outstanding !!!!

No ferts until they're large enough! You don't want to lose them now.

It gets better....... Now 20 out of 25, god am so happy...

Would be ok to give these clones some superthrive? as they look a bit stressed, but I have only just put them in soil a few days ago.

camcam said:
Would be ok to give these clones some superthrive? as they look a bit stressed, but I have only just put them in soil a few days ago.
Transplant shock is normal and lasts 1 to 4 days depending on it's severity.

I've never used superthrive. I can't advise you on it's use.

Backing the lights off more than normal sometimes lessens the effect of transplant shock.

Right, I think I have 23 clones all together that are good. 20 have loads of roots and 3 have no roots but look green and healthy and 2 look bad, so a total of 23 not bad out of 25......

Latest posts

Back