Elephant Man's Grow Journal, 1st attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HerbiJesus said:
i think it was shuggy who you gave the plagron too, but i did see that.
iv'e been looking at the bio-bizz all mix, but if i go with that, i'm not sure if i should be adding things to it.
it says that the all mix contains a blend of baltic peat moss, compost,worm castings, perlite and a special pre-mix.
if i go with that should i still be adding things like crushed oyster shells and dolmite lime or anything else?

Not on the first go round. If you want to recycle your soil, that is where your amendments will come into play.

I can get about 2 runs out of ocean forest without adding anything...but you will have to feed more...and sooner 2nd time around. I would imagine biobizz will work the same...good soil is good soil.

I think they have 2 mixes...one for seedlings and one for clones. I wouldn't be afraid to email them and ask questions either...they are MJ freindly...they produce seed too.

Also, there may not be many biobizz soil users on this board, but they are out there...I'm sure you can find one that recycles...I will keep my eyes open for you.

cheers for the help :aok:
i am going with bio-bizz, and i'll probably start a journal so people can see how it goes. im gonna check out there seeds now. catch ya later.

Elephant Man said:
Also, there may not be many biobizz soil users on this board, but they are out there...I'm sure you can find one that recycles...I will keep my eyes open for you.

there isnt really.... i would but there soil is hard to get here in the usa :rolleyes:

Hey Eman I understood what you said earlier about 'superthrive' but for the price that was the best I could get as far as ammendments go. It did help my crop along with a light H2O2 and water treatment, it helped remove the pissy smell and grow did hasten alittle. Thanks as your journal is most informative. ;)

newgreenthumb said:
Hey Eman I understood what you said earlier about 'superthrive' but for the price that was the best I could get as far as ammendments go. It did help my crop along with a light H2O2 and water treatment, it helped remove the pissy smell and grow did hasten alittle. Thanks as your journal is most informative. ;)

Yeah...I think those that are pushing for yeild should try nearly anything...can't hurt...just make small changes...one grow at a time.

I push for flavor, and don't push very hard. I try to find the simplest amendments possible...just to give them what they need. Luckily, these are usually the cheapest too.

Kinda bummed guys...I was just about ready to lift the curtain on the 'big soilbed show'. I did a quick compost this time, 2x 50 gallon bins, and was way short on soil....ph was still a little high too. I mixed some more humus, peat, coco, old soil in and soaked it in Biozome again...few more gallons of steer, rabbit, chicken **** too, along with more cottonseed meal...see if I can get it down from the 6.8 I have been running to closer to 6.3. Just a hunch I will like this lower base ph better.

This thing is close to 150 gallons.:D

I am actually considering a 100X open pollenation in this thing...maybe 90 fems and 10 boys.:eek: ....and yes....for those that don't know, I am crazy.

Other box full of soil is waiting composting, no lights or plants, just my 'compost pile'....my worms are in there somewhere. I never really guessed before but I think I am over 400 gallons total :cool: ...pretty cool.

You can also see most of my main ventilation system, homemade carbon filter is on the left.

DCFC0001.JPG

DCFC0002.JPG

DCFC0003.JPG

DCFC0004.JPG

DCFC0005.JPG

Swazi Safari (A pheno) is a hermie!:mad: Somehow I got lucky again...everything seeded is done and comes down next week. She was parked in the best corner for it to happen too...gonna spend the rest of the night snooping, but so far...not too much damage.

Simply don't have time for this right now, so she is dead. Actually, I'm not all thay impressed with her sister either...she stinks like skunk.:(

Now...that is not all bad...but I wanted Swazi, not skunk. I am not that fond of the scent in my grow, and just a hunch, but I think skunk is an old cross and probably needs some work. Good part is, 2 of my other crosses have skunk in them, but thankfully those traits are recessive...for now.

Actually....come to think of it...I have real Swazi (redhead) coming from Africa soon. Think I am going to go ahead and cull her siblings too. 2 males and 2 more fems.

Gave NL#5 x Afghani a really early taste test (2 weeks hanging) and more disappointment. She has the Afghani flavor I love, but she is narcotic to the core. VERY strong too...took 2 hits and felt my eyes droop and tummy rumble. Took 2 more and got pretty numb, but totally clouded too. Stupified...I hate it.:( Oh well...many more waiting for their chance to try.

I crossed this girl with somebody...have to look at my notes, but pretty sure I am done with her...adios amiga...it was short and sweet.:bump:

Well...my holiday started off crappy. Fems gone male...narcotic smoke...

Then as it often does...something special happened.

Thanks to a very cool freinds help, I was able to get a mini photo shoot for some prime cured bud, without risking too much.:p ;) :D Thank you, my brother in the yellow shoes.:cool: Means so much to finally share these pics with my pals...TBG, HGB, DL, NGT, KADE, HICK, all of you who have dropped by the lab, these pics are for you.:)

3-4 month cure on these...Blueberry x Sk1 and Jack Herer x Oaxacan, and yes...these were 2 of the first MJ seeds I ever planted.:smoke1:

As always, freinds, remember the only rule while visiting the lab...load your bowl or what not and pass it around.:D

BxSK1 12-06 (2 small).JPG

BxSK1 12-06 small.JPG

JHxO First plant 12-06 (small).jpg

Elephant Man said:
Thank you, my brother in the yellow shoes.:cool: Means so much to finally share these pics with my pals...TBG, HGB, DL, NGT, KADE, HICK, all of you who have dropped by the lab, these pics are for you.:)

great shots brother E :D and thanks to the man in yellow :cool:

look'n forward to the Swazi (redhead) girls :eek:

just wait untill its been in cure for 6 months or more :cool:

grow on

That's what i'm talking about Eman. ;) Great shots and man does that bud look MMMMMMMM :p Got my bong with me ready for packing. :aok:

Oh Yeah you'll see a difference :aok:

some of my 05 OD is JUST where I like it

but some of 04 IN has gone too far ....... I cut too late to let it last that long

more flavors and a mellower smoke
my 1st C99 had to sit a bit ... she made you twitch a little,bugs on you, paranoia :eek:

tried her every month until she was ready :rolleyes:

was 6months later:joint:

I don't have a full understanding of this curing thing. I know it makes it smoother to hit, but the high??? Won't the THC just break down more over time even when stored properly? Why not take less hits?

Elephant Man said:
Well...my holiday started off crappy. Fems gone male...narcotic smoke...

Then as it often does...something special happened.

Thanks to a very cool freinds help, I was able to get a mini photo shoot for some prime cured bud, without risking too much.:p ;) :D Thank you, my brother in the yellow shoes.:cool: Means so much to finally share these pics with my pals...TBG, HGB, DL, NGT, KADE, HICK, all of you who have dropped by the lab, these pics are for you.:)

3-4 month cure on these...Blueberry x Sk1 and Jack Herer x Oaxacan, and yes...these were 2 of the first MJ seeds I ever planted.:smoke1:

As always, freinds, remember the only rule while visiting the lab...load your bowl or what not and pass it around.:D
Hey Eman just had to pop in bro. DO u need any help with smoking that sweet budz u got going there lol oh by the way did u say that that cured for six months damn so whats the deal there the longer u cure the better? well have a great day peace

Nice pics man. Learned alot from your journal. Can't wait for a new one to pop up! Anyhow have a great day man and hope all your future grows are awesome.

Well....I can't ever give out rep when I want too, but don't worry freinds, an elephant never forgets.:cool:

You guys love those dry nug shots don't ya?:D I dunno why I prefer looking at the plants....everyone posts great 'budsite' pics, but I like to look at veggers, leaf pics, root shots....the whole package. I think everyone should include a rootshot in their harvest shots.:rolleyes: I really need a nice camera....maybe soon. I did get one more really nice shot of JHxO, and this weekend, I might have a few shots of NL#5xAfghan.

Have you guys and gals guessed yet? I am wasted right now. I scooped up some of my rolling tray scrapings, and blended possibly a ten-strain joint, and I am hammered with CBD's, THCV's, from strains all over the world. But I feel like typing, so I am trying.:stoned:

I got problems too....temps are coming, my back is killing, and I am stuck doing alot of reading on strains and breeding...still gathering organics info too.

I looked at my 3rd harvest now, hanging in the garage with most of my second. Checked the closet with most of my first, looked at the popcorn and trim waiting in the freezer to be hashed, and then took a gander at all my seeded stash that I have to still sort....

I had to make a decision peeps...3 nights ago everything in main flower came down. It was all either transplanted into the bed, hashed or hung. My pain situation right now is just a little too much for me.:cry:

I still have quite a few clones and seedlings in this newest bed, under one 400...but all other lights are off till winter. Sorry peeps...just can't deal with all of it right now. I am going to spend all summer reading, changing my entire garage around (once again) and composting everything. Should be posting more helping peeps too...a journal like this is more than enough to handle by itself.

I'll probably post some more info here shortly, probably on sativas and organics, give updates on the plants still around, and I have something really special lined up for winter...a plan was devised...stay tuned.

Maybe I will cover the construction of the new flower rooms here.

See you soon....god bless you all.:)

JHxO First plant 12-06 (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back