Elephant Man's Grow Journal, 1st attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runbyhemp said:
Sorry to hear of your pain E Man. You have my best wishes

Thanks mang.:)

Found this tea on the net and I haven't tried it yet but I like it...:aok:

http://journeytoforever.org/garden_bugjuice.html

[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Milly's Bug Juice[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]One 5 gallon bucket
    Corn starch
    Bread yeast
    Milly's MaxGro fishmeal (or use fish emulsion plus liquid seaweed emulsion)
    Ripe fruit, such as plums, apples, apricots, peaches, pears, watermelon, peeled bananas -- no citrus.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]The Bug Juice Formula[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Yeast: Mix two teaspoons of dry baker's yeast, two teaspoons of sugar and one teaspoon of bread flour to 2 cups of warm water. Keep warm. It releases CO2, mix the solution to reduce the foam. Keep doing this until the mixture stops foaming. This means the sugar has been consumed. Add two tablespoons of cornstarch, or potato starch, 1 tablespoon of flour (a protein and nutrient source for the yeast) and allow the mixture to remain warm (very important) for 2 or more hours. Overnight is optimal. Then put it in the bucket.

Fruit: Pit the fruit, and puree it to a mush so it can be more rapidly digested by microorganisms. Add 1 pound or so to the bucket. Decaying fruit is fine -- it is already being attacked by microorganisms so it doesn't hurt to include them.

Cornstarch: Add 5 tablespoons to the bucket.

MaxGro: Add 10 tablespoons MaxGro (or fish emulsion plus liquid seaweed emulsion) to the bucket.

Fill the bucket with water to a few inches from the top and mix well. Add a handful of compost or the soil from around the root zone of a nicely growing plant (don't use surface soil). Place the bucket in the sun and put a piece of cheesecloth over it to keep flies away. Stir often. Don't fill the bucket up to the top.

After a week, start applying the mixture to your plants. It is best placed near the roots when transplanting (it prevents transplant shock). Otherwise, pour the Bug Juice into the soil around the plants. After it is absorbed, water extensively in order to get all the bugs and nutrients into the soil. They won't do any good if they remain on the surface. Apply 1 cup to 1 gallon of Bug Juice to each plant. Only trees and large plants require 1 gallon.

Dr. Stephen Martin
Milly's Gourmet Organics
Mailing list email: [email protected]
[/FONT]

MMMMMM....good.:D

I would add High P guano and cut the fish poo in half in flower.;)

Sounds good eman but I have a question. WIth our organic grows would there be a decreased need to flush the soil before harvest and you probably said this before but doesn't organic smoke and taste better? :bong2:
:

Hey Eman I wanted your opinion on this product because I intend to build a compost bin since the weather is getting warmer in my par ot the country. Its a bacterial composter that is supposed to accelerate composting.
http://www.roebic.com/septic/cc.htm Thanks in advance. :farm:

WOW. Ive been sitting here since 10:45am reading this whole damn thing. I JUST FINISHED. Im quite impressed. Hahaha and boy am i looking forward to using some of your techniques and ideas in my first grow. Awesome job, keep up the good work, and post some more pictures!!!

do you fly rc planes?

also, as far as composting goes.....costco 40 dollar black bin setup and make sure you have a source of leaves or dark compost. lawn clippins are the easy part. earth worms or redworms amust as well and don't forgot to foregoe all you food scraps.

Edit....don't reply this is a GJ...i'm out of it......

this is for if he looks ....... little buds starting

Out 07 8-20.jpg

Cool Fing. I was playing with those Cherry Malawai and had some issues with germing unfortunately. Then, I had issues with over fert throught the grow... even while doing live organics. Tough little strain for me but still looks amazing!

hope all is good your way E-man

thanks for the ton info you have posted :cool:

much respect and thanks for all the help brother.........

grow on

Fing_57 said:
Cherry Malawi

this is my 1st try with her OD ..... its been a mild summer but very windy

Man I love looking at your pictures. :) What camera do you have? A Cannon or a Nikon? Hahahahha.

What happen to the Eman i miss all his info:D hope all is well his way. Hope too see you soon bro peace

Latest posts

Back