FarmToTable Multi Strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmToTable

Reaction score
Time to get this journal started finally. Ive spent the last couple weeks getting a few questions ironed out on here..to those that have helped along the way, thanks and happy trails to ya.

My attitude order arrived today. I banked a handful of what I got and have 15 germinating. First outdoor grow..had a hard time deciding how many I want to do.

Germinating:
1 Blue OG Kush
1 Skunk #11
3 Trainwreck
2 8 Ball Kush
1 White Rhino
7 Kalashnikova

My hope is to pick the 2 nicest from that group and keep mothers through the winter...we will see, either way Id like to clone The Trainwreck, Skunk 11, and Blue OG. Haven't cloned yet. We'll see how it goes.

I have a 4x4x7 tent with a 400W light, 1 gallon pots to go from germ until transplant, roots organic soil, a neutral organic potting soil (to cut the top half of soil in pot with roots), and happy frog to start feeding at 4 weeks then to add when amending outdoor holes.

Going to keep the transplant simple- mostly native soil, composted cow manure, lime, and happy frog. Whats good for microbial growth and overall soil health? Any thing else worth adding? 2x2x2 holes.

They will Veg until 2nd-3rd week in June. Will top as many times as I can. Dont know what Fiming is but if it encourages higher yield/ larger plant..

Ill post some pictures tomorrow.

Should I mix and pot my soil a day earlier, wet it, and put it under light to warm up?

Be watchin this one ;) Hope yur wished trails fur happy be yurs at the end of them ;) PICS PLEASE ;) Good luck friend

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Be watchin this one ;) Hope yur wished trails fur happy be yurs at the end of them ;) PICS PLEASE ;) Good luck friend

BWD

thank you much BWD. Always enjoy following your posts.

Well, not much to update. Got my order yesterday, started to germinate 15 seeds...so far over half have popped. Going to plant them all tomorrow regardless.

Today I mixed my soil, made tags, soaked the pots, and put the light on to start warming the soil. My mix is roots organic with a 1/4 tsp of happy frog (in bottom half), roots organic mixed with basic organic starting medium (3rd 1/4) and straight organic starting medium on the top 1/4.

Have a couple pics, nothing too exciting. Since the pictures were taken i have lowered light a little bit, wet the pots and closed the doors until tomorrow when I plant at about 48hrs from start of germ.

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

FarmToTable said:
thank you much BWD. Always enjoy following your posts.

Much abliged pilgrem ;) yual got it goin with nice and clean start to it hope yual pop every seed to dirt ya put ;)

BWD

HEY FTT green mojo from start to finish

Well after 28 hours or so I had 12 of 15 seeds pop. I sewed and soaked. Will check back in when they pop their heads through. Doing some site visits on Friday and hope to post some pics of the ground ill be transplanting to. Green mojo to all.

I'm about 1 week in...actually less. Seeds arrived on Monday at noon and had 12 pop by Tuesday around 2. Today is Saturday and I have 13 of 15 above soil.

One of my trainwreck hasn't come up yet, one is in good shape, and one did but had a rough start. Must have floated all the way to the edge of the pot when i first watered..and when it came up the seed casing was still very hard, and barely opened. I gave it a day then removed. see how it does. Everything else has come up except the one trainwreck and one kalashkinova. Oh and my girlfriends avacado...shes determined..

Site visits went very well but no pictures. VERY thick briers and camera is way too expensive to bring in!

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

14 of 15! The 3rd trainwreck poked through tonight.

My temps have been around 70-72 and 40% RH.

Meant to experiment with this but my rooting cubes didn't show up quickly enough and I wanted to get the seeds going BUT..

Is it safe to say that seeds started in say..1 gallon pots (after germinating) will have some lag in showing above ground growth/ node development because of the amount of room the tap root has available to stretch? In a rooting cube, where the tap root doesn't have this room available...vegetative growth will be more rapid from a younger age?

I wanted to start half in cubes and half from paper towels to 1 g pots because ive wondered this before. Ended up doing them all straight to 1 g pots.

Anyway. Dug around for the last Kalashnikov (how ever you spell it) and it had floated upside down in the initial watering. Didn't look like it would come up. Have 14 out of 15 above soil. Will post pics in a few days. Today is 1 week from arrival of seeds.

Hope this ? Makes sense. :48:

The line up is

1 Blue OG Kush- g13
1 Skunk #11- Dutch Passion
3 Trainwreck- Humboldt Seed Org
2 8 Ball Kush- Barney's
1 White Rhino - Greenhouse Seeds
6 Kalashnikova- Greenhouse Seeds

Want clones and want mammas BAD

Just went and did some serious site prep :) I know it's not recommended to "put all your eggs in one basket" or your plants in one plot...but I'm gonna do a 10 plant garden. I feel confident about no one ever coming upon them. I've got a 70acre woodlot..thick briars. No one goes in there. What's the risk of spotting from the sky? I feel like the chances are slim..don't think they spend a lot of time flying around here looking.

:yay:...Man this is going to be Good...you have a Great Lineup for summer...Sure wish The Seattle Mariners Did:spit:..I gots me :bong1: in Hand and Bag-O-Buds at the ready:aok:...where do I sit?...not next to WeedHopper please...he smokes too Much:rofl:...gonna pull up a stump next to BWD if I could:ciao:...sending ya my Best mojo for the grow

:48:

Set to side pilgrem I dont smoke as much as weed but smells of firesmoke ifin thats ok with ya besides I gots the little canester of snort under my jacket Ill shares it with ya ;)

BWD

What a very beautiful clean set up you have there. I'm in the middle of a relocation, so I can't wait til my tent looks that clean and organized. I'll be watching that Blue OG specifically, as I have some on the way from my most recent order. Happy growing!

I know reckon when I first be seein it fell off me stump cause ifin yual sees how I grows amoungs the junk and the spiders and rodents and animal pelts and the well yu gets it I aint anywere near this clean!

BWD

:smoke1: I like to keep it clean. I take the plants out and water in the bath tub, and have a DustBuster handy to keep any particulate out. Ill post pictures soon.

Igotgreens- ill picture the Blue OG soon. It's growing well, not as rapidly as some others(which means nothing at this point) but still very well. She's my top choice to clone as well as the Trainwreck and skunk 11.

Greenmojotoall.

Off to milk my cows :smoke1:

Using native soil that has not been sterilized is asking for trouble later down the road. Stick to quality potting soil brands not the cheap stuff and stay away from miracle grow pre nuted soils too. I like lots of perlite so they dry quick but that's just me. This is for indoors sorry!!

Latest posts

Back