first grow and new camera.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
noneedforalarm said:
i am boiling the water for a pure result.the water has so much crap in it here i considered it a good thing to do,i am going to start distilling water here soon.

I assume by "crap" you mean that your water is hard--full of minerals and salts. If so, you are operating under a misconception--by boiling the water, you are really just concentrating the "crap" that is in it. You are boiling off pure water and leaving water that has higher concentrations of dissolved solids. When you boil water to "purify" it, you are only killing living things in the water--germs, bacteria, parasites.

RO stands for reverse osmosis. The water is put through a series of filters that removes most of the dissolved solids in the water. They are generally installed under a sink and have a small expansion tank to hold a quantity of RO'd water. RO water is slightly less "pure" than distilled.

here are some pics with the new camera.note that i am not a professional photographer.the close ups might be a little blurry but still nice imo.done with a magnification lense and 8 megapixel camera,so until i get it down this is the quality at hand.there a little droopy today since i overwatered = /

grow4.jpg

closeup1.jpg

grow5.jpg

closeup2.jpg

Another thing I just noticed. It is not a good idea to plant in clear containers--roots do not like light. I would recommend that you either do something to make your containers opaque or transplant into some kind of pot that isn't clear.

also does anyone know of a way to sterilize sand from the beach to use in a gnat defense?

CowboyBudsky said:
No Papa,, you missed the other threads that were removed by the Moderator. There were some fighting going on between a couple guys, and I ask them to chill with their crap.Anyway that is done,, they took care of it. But no,, I would never talk bad about anybodies babies(plants).

my bad.. my bad yea.. you are right.. handshake everybody....

I did got that cleared up with ya in PM and noneedforalarm too.. its all cool... we all like to help each other we have all the passion to do that for everybody in the community..

yes yes HG you are right I have told him to let water sit for overnight or 24 hours before using.. that is correct..
really no need to boiling the water lol... its too much hassle..
and yo HG.. he did masked the homemade pot to prevent the roots to get exposed by lights.. its all good.. he gonna have a good plants I bet.. :hubba:

noneedforalarm said:
the plants are now 6 inches away from the MH and the 2 fluoros surrounding vertically.and i don't know what an RO is.hopefully its not one of those "aww man thats what he meant" deals.i also have a much better camera on the way.charging now,the resolution and shots will be great.

maybe its time to put your MH lights in vertical style and have a really good reflection like foils.. on the top..

and be sure its 12 to 16 inch away from the top of plants.. 6 inch is kinda too close you think? I think I got some movies that teach the right of way to grow... ;) I got like 4 movies lol even jorge, and "I grow chronic" and all that.. :eek:

i just went to the beach and got a ton of sand,i have it drying from the watering/filtering i gave it.after it drys tonight ill bake it 2morrow,and post results with pretty pictures.cause you know sand looks cool in the pot. haha

papabeach1 said:
maybe its time to put your MH lights in vertical style and have a really good reflection like foils.. on the top..

and be sure its 12 to 16 inch away from the top of plants.. 6 inch is kinda too close you think? I think I got some movies that teach the right of way to grow... ;) I got like 4 movies lol even jorge, and "I grow chronic" and all that.. :eek:
no doubt,the whole reason i moved 6 inches away is to get more light less stretch and it is a good temp at that range.the main concern of course was the temp and it is fine.so im going to stick with it 6 inches with door open and when sleep ill put it back at 16 inches.see how that works for a couple days.should do fine.also i installed the reflector,got it set up with a little more effort as opposed to just getting it some what put up and working.i also have about 4 movies,17 books and this site for growing.i just prefer a fast result.i am lazy:) plus its good to interact with ppl.as for reading the books goes,only on free time which isn't the easiest thing to come by.you know where you can sit down read a book comprehend and not be disturbed.

oh man just checked on it at 2 am and noticed this bottom leaf looking lifeless.everything else on the plant is a ok.actually been recovering from overwaterin all day.just perked up about 2 hours ago,and just when you think everything is ok something random like this happens.i havent fed in 4 days and i dont know the PH and yes thats bad i know but thats just the way it is.THE rest of the plant is absolutely fine though.btw the stems on the limp one and its sister limb have purple and reddish looking spots getting more severe towards the leaf but hard to see in detail without a magnifying lens.i think it needs to be fed...what do you think?

DSC00529 [800x600].JPG

ahh.. you see theres new nodes where the yellow died leaves is still attached.. its alright.. thats normal.. that happen to us all the time..

its like a decay and giving remain the nutes to the plants.. its normal..
just don't pick on it or pull it off.. it does gives nutes to the plants like that..
is that new nodes off of that dead leaves on the bottom? I think I see that.. its all good... you said red spots on stems? maybe it was pinched like in LST method? or was it rubbing by use the fingers to smell the plants ;)

so then my assumption of it being hungry is correct?since that is the case i will be feeding soon.

well the feeding did the trick,learning each day of its needs.but thats a given since its bound to happen,unless your crazy.also baked the sand,turned out well.check it.

DSC00530 [640x480].JPG

everything is in order,but after looking at some of the other journals i dont think i will be updating as much after this.it seems my plants are bad by most ppls opinions on here and not worth observing,so here it is enjoy.NOTE:ever since the MH the new growth is about 3/4 of an inch apart on new tops from node to node.getting bushier and getting much less stretch.

DSC00541 [800x600].JPG

oh and kali,my only concern with the sand of course now is its salinity.im worried when i water how much it will affect my ph,i know water travels through it very well but i really need some play sand instead.but that cost money.any tips on making the soil more alkalinity?

getting ready for the big day...my first time cloning :)
the second is a pic of the branch im choosing,there are 3 more just like it i plan on taking 4 clones.

DSC00543 [800x600].JPG

DSC00545 [800x600].JPG

:ciao: friend.. I have just skimmed threw your grow..you PM me asking about cloneing some plants..First I want to be sure we are cloneing Females...we dont want to waste our time with males..And why would you say people are slamming your grow journal and you dont want to post as much? You are doing an Awesome job..and the only thing I would is add more pics:rofl: thats what brings me in the most..and you will see thats what I bring to you..

here are some links for you to read threw
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16565
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17650
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2441

Hope this helps:bolt::bong:

Latest posts

Back