First Grow Canna Sutra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prock40

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Growers,

I have an 8 pot aeroponic system that i have started with some feminized seeds canna sutra and blueberry that i ordered from bcbud. I use CNS17 nutes and have them under a 400w hps. I dont particulary like the system because the plants are so close together. It would probably be better to just grow 4 plants in this system spread out. I just started flowering two days ago so we'll see if any of these turn out to be female. I hope I didnt waste my money on these seeds.

Camcorder pics and videos 001.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 002.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 004.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 005.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 006.jpg

thats a nice bush you got there. how long did you veg for?? and whats the flower time for them?? and againg nice looking ladies there

I vegged for 5 weeks, the flowering time for canna sutra is suppose to be 10 weeks, I'm only two days into it.

That's the problem with this 8 pot aeroponic system. There are actually 7 plants in there. (4) canna sutra and (3) blueberry. My next grow I wont put as many in there. It's just tooo crowded. Any suggestions????

Let me see. i dont know anything about hydro, but i do know about being crowded. i and 5 plants in 1.5 gal pots in a dresser under cfl be4 LOL. you may be able to bend the plant over 1 by 1. or jus start a SOG(screen of green). youll have to do a search on that cause i dont know how. but if i find some info for you ill post the link up. those the only things i can think of

beauty looking plants... too bad it couldn't turn into one giant cola, eh?:yay:

hey man i see your the same microgarden i am except the aeroponics top version and those nutes are the mad note i have been told.

Yeah dude 8 plants that far into vegging are going to be massive once your into budding.

I am running 5 plants, but 6 pots bc once is being used to help LST another plant, in mine and it is getting crowded in the lower regions and i flowered around 1ft tall. Now they are double that at least.

it kinda blows your two days into flowering..you could trim a lot of the lower regions since they are not going to receive as much light as needed..and you could get more dense buds up top, but since your a couple days into it you run the risk of turning them hermie or stunting them...which IMO is a good idea even if it could hurt them.

I did this the first day of flowering and my plants are fine..i used the clippings for clones. But i still did not trim as much as i should have..because im going to have some popcorn buds since its so crowded in the lower regions but still the fatties up top.

That way the next cycle, The plants can be put into flower sooner but still produce just as much bud..just more concentrated buds. and more room for each plant.

I plan on flowering 8 clones the next cycle with no problems. Check out my journals, im new to hydro as well.

Man those ladies are looking great. :aok: Gonna be a jungle in there come flower time. ;) GREEN MOJO all around for the ladies.

Everything is moving right along. I think I may have a herme? Can anyone tell by these pics?
I'm at about 3 weeks into flowering canna sutra and blueberry.

Camcorder pics and videos 001.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 002.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 004.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 005.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 006.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 007.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 008.jpg

Camcorder pics and videos 009.jpg

My plants are now 1 month into flowering and they are try to hit my light. Is there anything to do to keep from burning the plant?

I feel your pain because my hydro setup has 10 containers in a 2 foot and some inches by 1 1/2 foot tray. Not only am I limited in the size of my tray, but vertically I only have less then 3 feet from the top of my hydro setup to the glass underneath my light. This makes it even tougher to grow nice tall bushes! Growing ten plants in this tight space did appear to be a challenge. After vegging them for 4.5 weeks I pulled all my males but one and I was left with 5 ladies. I tied each lady down to a 45 degree angle right before I hit the switch to 12/12 and trimmed the male to one main kola, no side branches.

Looking back now, I probably would of tied them down (LST) during the veg cycle...but hind sight's 20/20. However, my side branches are starting to fill in the center area and grow nice and tall. I'm at day 14 in flowering and have mini buds on the side branches and the beginnings of main kola's.

From the looks of your setup you may too also want to tied the plants down during the veg cycle to encourage them to grow out wards and then up. You'll get more kola developement...essentially more bud!

I think I may have a herme? Can anyone tell by these pics?
I'm at about 3 weeks into flowering canna sutra and blueberry.

It's kind of hard to tell with the resolution quality of those pics to be honest. However, I would like to point out that during the kola development the side branches (fan leaf branches seen on the main stalks in your pictures) do tend to alternate during the flowering stage versus side by side during the veg stage. That is only assuming you thought you had a hermie because of the alternating branches on the tips of your main stalks. If you can get a better shot of those inter nodes on the main stalk, then you'll be able to see if it's a hermie.

They can still be tied down, I don't start LST til late in the vegging cycle...
we're dealing with a weed here, they can take a bit of abuse and not hermi or die because of it...just gradually start tieing and there should be no probs...

Peace...j.b.

Latest posts

Back