First grow how am I doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what is considered the "veg" phase is it from the moment the seed sprouts or after it has a couple sets of leaves

So what is considered the "veg" phase is it from the moment the seed sprouts or after it has a couple sets of leaves
I count after it pops out of the ground and the two main leaves unfurl. Its arbitrary really.

I usually count the first two weeks as a seedling, then when they get their legs real well they are vegging.. Lesso is right it doesn't really matter, they will reach maturity when they are ready.

Ok I guess I'll start counting now they are about 4 inches and are starting to smell funky glad I got the carbon filter now. Have any of you ordered from True North Seed bank before?

No i have not, I shop at attitude, singleseedcentre.com and seedman.com...

There are a lot of seed banks out there. I usually buy from the single seed center just because they have sooo much to choose from and Ive never had any problems dealing with them.

Technically speaking, the first couple weeks of the seedling's life are spent establishing the root system so I wouldn't consider that "veg phase" proper. I don't bother counting the time for vegging from seed to maturity. I just let them do their thing because there are many environmental and genetic variables that can affect the amount of time it takes for the plant to reach maturity. Then once you find a strain that you want to keep and clone, the veg time is no longer about maturity, it is then about how big and healthy you want the plants to be when you move them to flower. :)

There are a lot of seed banks out there. I usually buy from the single seed center just because they have sooo much to choose from and Ive never had any problems dealing with them.

Technically speaking, the first couple weeks of the seedling's life are spent establishing the root system so I wouldn't consider that "veg phase" proper. I don't bother counting the time for vegging from seed to maturity. I just let them do their thing because there are many environmental and genetic variables that can affect the amount of time it takes for the plant to reach maturity. Then once you find a strain that you want to keep and clone, the veg time is no longer about maturity, it is then about how big and healthy you want the plants to be when you move them to flower. :)

me single seed guy too!! finding other sites like herbies NOT taking credit cards anymore. want cash sent or western union. pain in my butt. read ratings on seed banks the other day and the winner was one i had not heard of. will look for. cant remember winners name..

just found some "STRAWBERRY DIESEL fem seeds where i can pay with a credit card. "ORIGINAL SEEDS STORE.COM .. nice!

Well a little update they don't seem to be getting much taller but are bushing out like crazy

That is good. Some strains will not shoot way up, and that can be assisted by your growing methods. If they are bushing out then it sounds like they are still growing and are healthy. :)

For that price,,they need to grow it for me. :bolt:

I think paying 10 bucks a seed is nuts there is no way I would pay that much

I dunno....looks scammy.

Well a little update they don't seem to be getting much taller but are bushing out like crazy

bushing sounds great. i usually go 4 to 5 weeks, closer to 5, from the day the first 2 leaves open. watch height. although its a guess and alot depends on the strain, plan on your plants height (from dirt to plant top),doubling in height from the day u flip to 12/12. i have only once gone over 5 weeks as i ALWAYS have one or two stretchers that almost hit the ceiling. i am growing 24 plants per tent, mixed indicas, sativas and get lots of variations. it is easy to over water when under 3 weeks old. i love the 5 gal. felt pots(smart pots), and over watering is ok once the plant gets some height, roots. just shop vac up the over flow. another advantage to felt pots should your plants not dry after several days, u can run a couple oscillating fans at ground level and they dry quickly. its so rewarding growing and plenty of problem solvers here. goodluck!!

Ive done that before my friend. There is a saying in life,,,,"**** HAPPENS",,,,yehaaaaaaaa
Looking good and healthy.
Why is everything so pink, ,,,just playing. Lots of ppl using Leds nowadays.
I use to really give ppl crap for using LEDS. Hell ,,,i probably made PJ crazy. He he
Now,,after seeing Hammy and some of my other friends grow with LEDS,,,ive changed my outlook on LEDS.

Haha thanks the root systems on these plants are insane I have the small one in a clear 2 gallon bucket to see the roots and there are a few already reaching the bottom of the bucket and yes I do put a curtain over the bucket so the roots don't get light

Latest posts

Back