First grow how am I doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mngrower

Reaction score
So here is my first mj grow I got some ditch weed seeds for my uncle and am just testing the waters before pulling the trigger on good seeds I have a 300 watt led in a 2x4 tent I'm waiting for another and a 400 cfm fan with carbon scrubber pots are five gallon buckets with drain holes drop some advice on how I can improve this setup I'm going to post a hydro setup once I get another tent running

i had no idea on the fan, I was told to have it pull will fix that in my new set up thanks for the info TLC didn't mean to misinform anyone

I think that the light should be closer. If u see the plant stretch get the light closer. Nice plant!

Ok I'll keep watching the plant for stretching so far they are staying low and growing a lot of leaves

Are you able to run HID? that would definitely be an upgrade but if not plants looks real nice so far.

I have hid lights but I was saving them to use in the other tent i have a small 100 watt hps light I can use in there though

Looks good so far. If you don't have a small fan in the tent, you should get one so that you keep the air stirring. :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll stick a fan in there today or tomorrow
TLC thanks for the compliment on the tidiness I like to try and do things right or not at all

It's my own soil mix with hog based compost since I own a hog farm I have an endless supply I added perlite and some peat moss to it

Nice, a solid organic mix. I assume you compost the manure for some time before using it in the medium for the plants. I learned the hard way that you have to be careful with that. I used too much cow compost one time on an organic run and within a couple days my girls looked like they had sat in Death Valley for a couple months :doh:

Yup we get about one million gallons of liquid manure from the barn pit every year plus I have a smaller compost pile that has been maintained for a few years now

Looks good so far. If you don't have a small fan in the tent, you should get one so that you keep the air stirring. :)

htg sells a great adjustable height stand for tents and oscillating fans. a 16 inch fan will dry and circulate much better on low position than a 12 inch oscillator on high. quicker drying smart pots..

Honestly I have no idea how long to veg them I was going to grow them until they were about three feet tall then flower it's not so much about getting a high yield from these as it is basically seeing if I can actually pull off growing mj indoors

Plan to veg for 6 weeks if growing from seed. You may need to veg longer or possibly shorter times. The reason is that from seed, the plants need "around" 6wks to reach sexual maturity (some longer, a few shorter). If they are forced to flower before they reach sexual maturity, a few issues can and often do arise. These include significant stretching and reduced yield. Not sure on your experience but You can see the sexual maturity has been reached when you see the branches begin to grow in stagger formation rather than side by side formation. You will also see the small preflowers begin to grow. These will tell you if it is male or female (if you see 2 white hairs, that's female) :)

Thanks Hush! You will have him growing the dank. You are in good hands mngrower

Latest posts

Back