First grow, Jack herer on 1000's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wannabegrower said:
OK whatever dude, maybe your respected on this site! BUT saying stuff like that just kills me! DUDE it is 1/3 of your veg time taken away for nothing / no good reason at all, no purpose at all... What is the purpose of six hours of darkness?? What does it do for the plant?? OH NOTHING AT ALL, Save a couple dollars a month in electric only to lose bud.. So if you do the math, 1/3 veg time lost = 25% LESS product in the end..

For the record 18-6 is not only worthless it is plain out stupid!!! bro
I guess that is why I am a junior member and will always be, lol funny. I better not post anymore in trouble now! lol

So now it is worthless and stupid? I am pretty sure I agreed with you on the 24-0 being better for veg then 18-6 no? But to call it worthless and stupid shows that maybe if your people skills were as good as your supposed growing skills you wld not come off looking like such a D1CK-head.

babysnakess said:
rotten socks I'm legal in wa too, but I thought you couldn't have plants out in the open.
U can have them outside as long as no surrounding buildings / neighbors can see them, that even means a two story house cant be able to peer down from there window and look onto ur own property and see them, n I dont have that problem were im located.

Hahahaha I just read up on my forum and it appears that there is a bit of a dispute going on lol. I have always gone by basically what rosebud said, the sun goes down so itcant be tooooooo horrible, those little EDIT
were takin off with no stops when i had it on 24/0 though... Anyways just a little update my plants are no longer wilting ( nobody even gave me advice on that tho lol ) all I did was give them str8 water and someone said soil was hot so I did like a half flush deff saturated the soil and root system, looks 85% better.

Some people veg 18/6 and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It is not going to cause any harm to the plants. I have always vegged 24/0 because when I first started reading about growing I read that you can keep the lights on 24/0 and that meant I had to buy one less digital timer. Plus the growth is going to be more dense and there will be less stretch. So I have always vegged my plants in 24/0. I'm not worried about the electrical saving just because I usually veg with only a handful of 25 watt CFL's anyway. That would be a great idea for a journal! Take two clones and veg one in 18/6 and one in 24/0 under the same amount of light and then compare the growth after a couple of weeks.

-SSF-

Sorry if I highjacked your thread Rsocks. That guy really ticked me off before i had my coffee.
back to growing jack under 1000. Hey RSock, that is Jack in my avi.

SensiStarFan said:
Some people veg 18/6 and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It is not going to cause any harm to the plants. I have always vegged 24/0 because when I first started reading about growing I read that you can keep the lights on 24/0 and that meant I had to buy one less digital timer. Plus the growth is going to be more dense and there will be less stretch. So I have always vegged my plants in 24/0. I'm not worried about the electrical saving just because I usually veg with only a handful of 25 watt CFL's anyway. That would be a great idea for a journal! Take two clones and veg one in 18/6 and one in 24/0 under the same amount of light and then compare the growth after a couple of weeks.

-SSF-

That is a great idea. I will do that when I put my clones in veg. Since Hick told me the best way to re veg is 24/0. I may have one 24 hour veg going so I could do that. I have only reveged once and it isn't going well.:rolleyes:

I have two thousand switchable ballast but I also have a 400 hps ballast no socket or reflector lyin around, I should use that some way or another huh? I could veg with a 400 hps done it before....

rotten_socks420 said:
U can have them outside as long as no surrounding buildings / neighbors can see them, that even means a two story house cant be able to peer down from there window and look onto ur own property and see them, n I dont have that problem were im located.

I have a private walled in patio that gets great sunlight for a few hours a day almost year round. I get the girls out there when I am home and the temps are good. It is amazing how much they LOVE natural sunlight. They actually look better after only sitting outside for 30 minutes. The leaves will all be stretching up and out towards the sun.

(EDIT: can't do this the last few weeks of flower though or the whole neighborhood would stink)

-SSF-

U live in the ol evergreen state as well uh? little to cold here barely gets over 50 as a high right now lol

How can i request this thread get moved to journals? Cuz I might as well keep this one

No one has any advice on the 400 hps or how to get this thread moved ?? I liked sniffin' dirty socks better lol

So I said a couple of days ago I was going to post pictures of the room I plan I veggin in, and here they are! Later I will take pics of my plants to show ya'll ho the ladies are doin!

So I was thinking last night, I was driving around with my woman and the moon was soooooooo bight, so if a room isnt supposed to have any light leaks due to hermies and such.... Why is it that the moon doesnt cause them to do the same?

DSCN1224-be.JPG

DSCN1225-be.JPG

Here are some of those pics, the seedlings are bag seed I gotta figure out the strain I kno the guy who I got the herb from he told me last night but i forgot :doh: lol anyways here ya go

also the seedlings are only like 4 days old

DSCN1226.JPG

DSCN1227.JPG

DSCN1228.JPG

DSCN1229.JPG

I hate the resolution I have to have them at when uploading, they look so much better in the actual pics

Moonlight is not the same as artificial lighting. Your plants look good. Why bother with bagseed when running few thousand watts? If you got MJ card here, you can get some clones or seeds from many places. Bagseed is to much of a gamble and to spend all that time, money and effort into something your not to sure of what will come...

rotten_socks420 said:
So I was thinking last night, I was driving around with my woman and the moon was soooooooo bight, so if a room isnt supposed to have any light leaks due to hermies and such.... Why is it that the moon doesnt cause them to do the same?

Also last night was the brightest moon in 18 years i think thats what i heard.

I was wondering about that too dman. It didn't look really much bigger to me. In some old movie, the term "moon bright" was used. Guess the wild pot doesn't mind a little moon bright.

there was a thread on here somewhere about it not too long ago.

really long, highly debated story short... there is a science to gardening with the phases of the moon, and it CAN, and CAN NOT cause disturbances with the plants. (again....long long debate re: regions, timing etc)

i know for a fact that an outdoor garage light/ street light CAN cause plants to reveg, or hermi. (again this is highly debated)

nice looking setup ;)

Oh the bag seed is just for shits and giggles im waiting on clones from my buddies co-op, I might just throw them outside when it warms up a tad who knows mayb they will turn male and impregnate all my ladies :( lol

I also had heard that last nights moon was the brightest in awhile, were I live you could see it very well it was insane kinda... and mayb its just the artificial light that causes them to hermie no idea thats why I was asking lol.... so anyone go any blue prints in mind for the closest picture I posted?

Like my watch? Doesnt take batteries runs of my motion, itll hold a charge for 40 hours before it stops

Latest posts

Back