First Grow Journal~ AK-47 and BC's Sweet-Dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SKAGITMAGIC said:
I see your tyeing things up nicely, just wanted to put in a word about useing (soft tyes) rather than wire, I overlooked a wire tye on my dutch treat and its embedded into the stalk, it took about 3 to 4 weeks,anyway I put a stick through my pots and train the girls out horizontally, this method seems to give me decent yields. lots of screw eyes in the pot rims for tyeing the girls down. Oh ya I know i mentioned this before but they seem to be a lot more resilent when the're dried out, i HAVEN'T BROKEN A LIMB in along time. darn caplocks, Aloha PuaSURF , hey can we know what island?
:) Aloha Skag! Great to see you here this morning. Thank you for the pics and that lady looks just fine with the wire, they are pretty resilient, yes (I hope so)? I put holes in the tops of the pot rims, but next time I wanna try something like the screws b/c well, it would make it easier to adjust as you go along I believe.

I would very much like to see some more pictures of your TRAINING and the sticks and how you are using them, if you have some you can post for me. I am fairly certain Skag that I am doing it all wrong and that I wanna correct stuff before I get too far along and cannot fix it. :eek: And yeah that was just a lil side branch break from me mis-handling /moving them, no doubt.

I see ppl using those bamboo sticks and those seem to work too?

:cool:~K
auai

puasurfs said:
Thanks Staffy for saying so but they look a lil outta control to me now. I knew they would go bushier in place of TALLER but they are really bushy.:p I am gonna need a 50 pound ball of that butchers string I think.

lol, ya ull need alot. i just go to local supermarket and grab abunch twisty ties from the fruit and veg section. ;) if we got string we are in control! lol
also remember when u do tie ur branches down, not to do it to tight, as ur stems grow. the string will cut thru it.:doh:
happy growings!

Ya this stuff sniffs pineapple so sweetly I'm back on Kauai at the farmers market finger picking big chunks off my Pig plate. Man it smells tropical, because of a little LST on the one plant, I've got 15 big colas, and a bunch of lesser ones, I'm hopeing for 2 1/2 ounces off the one plant I dont know, the buds are sure dense, it might surprise me. The Mrs. is sure pumped up, i've been force feeding her Mazar since 2008. The dutch treat is about the same, maybe a tad more yield, 3 ounces, maybe, I'm wishin here but what the heck, it's smell is like something so cool i can't describe it, It smells better than any i've whiffed in a advanced flowering state, I like it better than the C99, I believe because of the sitiva in these strains make them so trainable, the DT grows faster than any I've seen, always adjusting the lights. One of these days i'll see ya on yahoo. i know some tropical growers online that do crazy outdoor stuff over there, unbelivable yields, more from one plant than my 30 indoors, Aloha

P1080634.JPG

P1080631.JPG

SKAGITMAGIC said:
Ya this stuff sniffs pineapple so sweetly I'm back on Kauai at the farmers market finger picking big chunks off my Pig plate. Man it smells tropical, because of a little LST on the one plant, I've got 15 big colas, and a bunch of lesser ones, I'm hopeing for 2 1/2 ounces off the one plant I dont know, the buds are sure dense, it might surprise me. The Mrs. is sure pumped up, i've been force feeding her Mazar since 2008. The dutch treat is about the same, maybe a tad more yield, 3 ounces, maybe, I'm wishin here but what the heck, it's smell is like something so cool i can't describe it, It smells better than any i've whiffed in a advanced flowering state, I like it better than the C99, I believe because of the sitiva in these strains make them so trainable, the DT grows faster than any I've seen, always adjusting the lights. One of these days i'll see ya on yahoo. i know some tropical growers online that do crazy outdoor stuff over there, unbelivable yields, more from one plant than my 30 indoors, Aloha
Aloha Skag~ how amazing that sounds brah, I am so envious right now, but super happy for you tho! Beautiful! Here's a NooB question for you... I see that (string?) GRID? What is that? To help them with their weight? Hmmm... big fatties I tell you that much! (insert emote with eyes bugging out here!). And I didn't know that about Sativa vs. Indica and trainability but I do know that I have a couple of indica plants that did NOT wanna bend for anything! Very robust. now I know why, lol. Yahoo?

If you have good seed stock, your plants will give you big robust buds too, the magic is in the seed, I just saw a new seed bank in canada, i'll get it to you, I'm thinking of talking a little with hick and buying from Attitude, at least considering it, I went to the cannabis farmers market today, what fun, came home with 6 different strains lol, and the Mrs. bought tinctures and lotions. I'll post a thread on the whole market scene at the coffee table.

The netting is just to support the buds and to keep them upright, here's my next I guess NOG net of green lol, I was gonna do a scrog but I have to big of netting,and didn't really get it, but hey it's working for me, I was a little dissapointed in the dutch treat, i had the net to high on the plants and it messed with cola production, heres a pic of my next budding girls, there about 25 days in flower. I'm gonna do a better yield for sure, this is dutch treat, the real bushy plant is C99 mama. I've got a DT in the closet thats gonna give up a tremendous 1 plant indoor yield, I have to take the doors off to get her out, I'm gonna do a foliar spray of mineral matrix, a micro nutrient, I use it for maitenence and aloha lol the girls love it. I've got a few plants out in the green-to also, Mazzar, BLZxSuper silver Haze, dutch treat, cinderella99 it gonna be stuffed. The Mrs. made pineapple Canna Rippers today

P1080710.JPG

P1080705.JPG

P1080689.JPG

P1080691.JPG

SKAGITMAGIC said:
If you have good seed stock, your plants will give you big robust buds too, the magic is in the seed, I just saw a new seed bank in canada, i'll get it to you, I'm thinking of talking a little with hick and buying from Attitude, at least considering it, I went to the cannabis farmers market today, what fun, came home with 6 different strains lol, and the Mrs. bought tinctures and lotions. I'll post a thread on the whole market scene at the coffee table.
Aloha Skag~

:holysheep: 6 different strains? How exciting is that? I will be looking forward to those pics and that gj for sure. The seeds I bought I think were pretty good. 100% germ rate @ 60% Female. I like tinctures too, juss sayin'! LOL

Happy-Hump-Day MP'ers~

I am 15 days into flowering and may I just say... exciting and boring at the same time. There I said it. And I have separation anxiety @ lights out and I want a veg. tent so I can visit when ever. 'Nough said... LOL

Thanks so much for bringing me this far everyone, I could not have done it without you. Well I could have but it would have prolly been a disaster. I am reading whatever I can re: flowering but the general info. seems to be, "patience"... that's about it. Anything you wanna throw in there? Like, NO MISTING bc of mold issues and stuff.

Question 1: Does the distance to the light have an impact on bud production and/or quality? ( I have them closer now... TY bho)

Question 2: Does it hurt at all to supplement with T5 lighting in addition to the HPS even if they are the bright-whites? ( I feel like I don't have good enough coverage )

Question 3: My schedule is gonna change and I wanna change my light schedule as well so, I believe i read that it's ok to do the 24 hours of dark just the once to change it? Is that ok? I am 7pm lights out and I wanna do something like 6am lights out.

*NOTE: A very scary thing happened to me the other day. You see, I keep reading EVERYTHING about germination, and sprouting, and vegging and... what I keep running into are the words/phrase "results are STRAIN specific". Here's the scary part, when I googled AK-47 and BC's Sweet Dreams my grow journal came up!:holysheep: I am stunned to think that someone might try and use my gj for information! Anyway.... this brings me to my point, bc I do have one and that is this:

:farm:Can we start a sort of reference Library from OUR MEMBERS that would/could highlight the SPECIFIC strains that they have grown? For example, I am thinking about growing Jack Herer. I can look and see how RB did it compared to RS420? See what they did in common and what didn't work. not sure how it would work but I think it would be an invaluable resource... and it would be, "strain-specific". I'll send something to Hick or THG in a PM and see what they say. What do you think?

ok so, no pics b/c it's not really all that exciting right now. but by next week I will put some up for sure.

Just a lil info. please.

*Would you please list/give the name/title of your favorite marijuana-growing reference book and why it is ur fave? Looking to acquire some more info. Thank you in advance. Oh, and I have Jorges Indoor & his Medical MJ books. The rest has been the net and YOU!

Hi Pua,
1. put your had at the top of the plant and if it feels too hot for your hand it is for your plants. Yes, as close as you can without burning them.

2. I have not done that, but I don't think it would hurt anything. I think it is a good idea, are you thinking verticle lighting? More folks will be along to help you with that.

My favorite book, is the Bible by jorges, but Mr Hamster Lewis and others (hick, I think) like Marijuana Botany. It is next on my list.

I think it is adorable that you have separation anxiety. I know what you mean. I don't know about switching your lights.
PS. grow Jack Herer. It is special. I don't share mine, i keep it for me. I am not sure what makes it special, it doesn't lay me out or make me hyper, it is just nice. Special, like you pua.

Hope this helps a little.

Heading out the door literally as I type, but want to say that I think you're doing an awesome job and have good grow talent, you'd have made it, just with headaches and hardships! I too am glad to have found this bunch as they really helped me as well!!!

Will try to comment on the questions later, hit this :48: LSD while I get some business taken care of!

For Grow books I have Marijuana Grow Basics / Jorge Cervantes Ed rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook I use this one alot, and I have a old Rosenthal and Franks, i bought in the mid seventies.

How are you feeding them ? you have any meter to check the food gaven ?

1. As closer as you get the plants to the light more lumens they get. So closer is better.
2. Where do you want to put the T5's ? At side ? I don't think that is good. You want vertical growth an light to the buds. But it is only what i think. Really don't know.
3. I would change one hour per day. So ... lights off @8pm, other day @9pm and so on ... until 6am ;)

Have read some stuff. MJ Botany is great but a little complicated to read. But probably one of the best readings.

I also like the idea of a GJ Comparison. This because we could push more confidently the feedings and learn from mistakes.

a little LST pics. i repotted re tyed evetything, gettin ready to reload, 12 and 20 gallon pots

P1080935.JPG

P1080934.JPG

P1080930.JPG

P1080928.JPG

After I bend this BLZ over a little and tye her down, I tip the pot with the wedge (small pot), the screw eye, and the plants stem all pointing at the source of light, sun, MH, whatever your source is, this is outside and the suns still in the south, The plant will stretch towards the light source with the bucket in this position, Tighten up on the wire as the plant reaches, after a week or so when you put the pot back level, the main stem will be horizontal, I hope this makes sense, its how I improve my yield, and use the pot tipping jigs etc. Good luck pua!

P1080957.JPG

P1080958.JPG

P1080959.JPG

Rosebud said:
Hi Pua,
1. put your had at the top of the plant and if it feels too hot for your hand it is for your plants. Yes, as close as you can without burning them.

2. I have not done that, but I don't think it would hurt anything. I think it is a good idea, are you thinking verticle lighting? More folks will be along to help you with that.

My favorite book, is the Bible by jorges, but Mr Hamster Lewis and others (hick, I think) like Marijuana Botany. It is next on my list.

I think it is adorable that you have separation anxiety. I know what you mean. I don't know about switching your lights.
PS. grow Jack Herer. It is special. I don't share mine, i keep it for me. I am not sure what makes it special, it doesn't lay me out or make me hyper, it is just nice. Special, like you pua.

Hope this helps a little.
TY RB~

I just got the MJ Botany to add to my collection of reading material. It does, so far, seem to be filling in some of the blanks. :) I wanna try Jack H but do I have the vertical space I wonder? Will have to carefully look at ur gj and plant height so that I do not find myself in the same predicament I did with this last go around and my stressful LST!

As for the lights I just kept them OFF for 24 hours and switched them by 24 hours. So far all seems to be going well.

Laughs @ "special, like you pua"... "special-ed" (looking for a "short-bus" emote right now), more like :rofl:

Roddy said:
Heading out the door literally as I type, but want to say that I think you're doing an awesome job and have good grow talent, you'd have made it, just with headaches and hardships! I too am glad to have found this bunch as they really helped me as well!!!

Will try to comment on the questions later, hit this :48: LSD while I get some business taken care of!
Aloha Roddy and TY for stoppin by, as always it is a pleasure to see you. I appreciate the kind words, howev'a, I was a lil overwhelmed there for a while. Am compiling a whole list of stuff NOT to do for the next go around.

Latest posts

Back