First Grow Journal~ AK-47 and BC's Sweet-Dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great advices from some hardcore members. Going to do some bondage tonight or tomorrow ... When the pots are lighter. Good luck with yours :cool:

nouvellechef said:
Hope its good. Lot of work and dedication to not be. ,Why its really important to start with something great :) Just top them. Maybe top and tie next time.
TY Chef I know you're prolly right, I just kept reading where the main cola of an "untopped/pruned" plant has "greater (?)" potency? than the ones that would shoot off from it. Any way... they're, how did THG put it in someone's gj..., "junglerly"... something like that. Yep, they are! :doh:

On a positive note I found a bunch of very cool ways to tie them, ahhhhh... next time.

Question: Just take the TOP and bend it over to the side as far as it will go and NOT break? I just found some culinary twine-stuff and so I'm getting my battery pack and drills for holes in the sides of the pots. I'll keep reading but I'mma do it today. Thank you. :)

Roddy said:
It's best IMHO to already have alternating nodes before switching to 12/12!

Both topping and LST will cause for bushing out at least a bit, keep this in mind! :)
Well (insert inappropriate cuss sentiment here...) Really? Oh lawd... I waited until I sexed them and separated them, gave the slow ones time to catch up and finally show sex, almost a week for the last lady. But if I would have had the room I would have let them veg longer. @ 6 weeks they are already almost 24"... some of them.

If they double or triple from what they are now that will make them almost 6 ' @ the soil line:holysheep:!!!

Seriously tho', no lie... the alternating nodes came in a day. I could already tell the next morning when lights on that they looked different. so, hope I didn't stress 'em out!

So the question is BUSHIER vs. TALLER, correct? b/c they are bushy (and tall) now.

SKAGITMAGIC said:
I heard once if you do your LST stuff before you water, your a lot less likely to snap a stem. Do your bending when the pots are light. I think you have what it takes to be a great cannibis farmer.
Mahalo Braddah~

I am waiting for the watering time, it's coming today or tomorrow, so good timing there, yes? TY, re: "good cannibis farmer.." b/c i feel like I am making more mistakes than correct decisions. This learning curve is a (insert inappropriate cuss sentiment here), all part of the process tho I know! :)

Wonder if there are any pics of bending plants when they are already so tall? & in 5 and 3 Gallon containers?

Well i think that the bending goes with time also ... Today a little, tomorrow a little bit more ...
Will put some screwers on the sides of the pot and with some cord will pull some branches down ... Gently ... And on the day after a little more. Bondage time :cool:

I didn't bend my big Kandy Kush until she was showing she'd be too tall...at around 5' and she was in an 18gal tub!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Your plants and your room look great.

I would bend them and tie them. You will taking males out as soon as they show sex, so should have enough room to do some LST. Also don't panic if you happen to snap one--they are amazing resilient and seem to recover fine from snapped stems and branches. I really try to keep from topping them once they are into flowering.
Thanks so much for the encouragement THG and all the info. but lemme ask you (anyone really), am I just taking the TOP of the plant and making an ARC to the side of the pot? or am I trying to get LOW and bend the whole plant over from low part of the stem/stalk/whatever (and the 'branch" would hang over the edge of the pot?). :confused2:

I sexed them all too last week before flowering-12/12, they showed pre-flowers for approx. a week and a half ummmm... 12/8 - Fe:M. Easy to spot the males, js!:watchplant: But what I have left in a 4 x 8 x 6.5 tent is 9 females & jungle-madness! (PLUS the 3 I put into a mom keeper and back under theT5's 24/7).

Looking for pictures too I guess b/c I'm a big fraidy-cat, juss sayin'! But I'll wait to hear an answer while drilling holes in the pots.

So...

Bend from the TOP over to the side in an ARC? or

Bend the stem/stalk from the lowest possible point over to the side so that a majority of the stem is OFF the side of the container?

bho_expertz said:
Great advices from some hardcore members. Going to do some bondage tonight or tomorrow ... When the pots are lighter. Good luck with yours :cool:
TY so much bho~

Yeah I'm certainly needin to do something before it's too late and I have a jungle... MORE of a jungle. LOL

GL with urs too bho. I'll be ov'a there to check urs out, as soon as I get my ladies "trained", or at least going in that direction... LOL

bho_expertz said:
Well i think that the bending goes with time also ... Today a little, tomorrow a little bit more ...
Will put some screwers on the sides of the pot and with some cord will pull some branches down ... Gently ... And on the day after a little more. Bondage time :cool:
So bho, bend over the MAIN stem, or the side branches or both? Please explain it to me if you are able. TY :) I'll look on line too right now, so...

Roddy said:
I didn't bend my big Kandy Kush until she was showing she'd be too tall...at around 5' and she was in an 18gal tub!
I know, I know... I was hoping i wouldn't have to do it but even the Indica's are tall so it's me doing stuff wrong all over the place, js!

hello. hope all is well.

heres a couple pics from my last grow of LST to give u a lil hint. one is when first lst and the second toward the end. aswell as bending the top cola over, IMHO i always tight the base of them stem aswell to the side of the bucket, before bending the top. i do this simple cuz it will keep ur roots from being juggled around and possible being pulled or pulled out. just try and keep the roots from being disturbed. hope this helps some.
my grow 200.jpg

my grow 532.jpg

puasurfs said:
So bho, bend over the MAIN stem, or the side branches or both? Please explain it to me if you are able. TY :) I'll look on line too right now, so...

If you bend the main stem, the branches will follow somewhat, you can tie down anything that looks problematic from there!!! Slow pressure, no herky jerky and don't be too forceful!! :)

Staffy said:
hello. hope all is well.

heres a couple pics from my last grow of LST to give u a lil hint. one is when first lst and the second toward the end. aswell as bending the top cola over, IMHO i always tight the base of them stem aswell to the side of the bucket, before bending the top. i do this simple cuz it will keep ur roots from being juggled around and possible being pulled or pulled out. just try and keep the roots from being disturbed. hope this helps some.
View attachment 167855

View attachment 167856
Thank you Staffy that looks great to me, and ur results were most excellent! I will anchor them on the opposite sides tomorrow as to support the roots, ty! :)

I bent the holy b-jesus outta those suckers and now I see that the side branches, of which there are so many, may need to be tied down too? along the edges of the pot as well? Lights on tomorrow @ 7am... I'll start again then. TY every1.

hey Pua they are lookin good :aok: you can lst every last branch if you want, no reason not to :D

MosesPMG said:
hey Pua they are lookin good :aok: you can lst every last branch if you want, no reason not to :D
Thanks Moses Brah~

so I can tie every branch down? b/c it looks like I'mma need to. wonder what they'll look like in the morning! :eek:

During veg. & 24/7 light I got so use to being able to walk in and hang out with them whenever that now I think I have separation anxiety :giggle:!!

"Happy Mother's Day"~

Okay so this is what I did last night...
I drilled a bunch o'holes around the pots ~S7300286.JPG

This one side branch is super long so would I just tie it down and let it all hang out bushy? (bc I guess pretty soon it will be pointing straight up right?).S7300288.JPG

And my ladies getting bent... I mean, we're both getting some training. :DS7300289-1.JPG

Then I watered them. I did not anchor the bottoms of the stems down as was suggested so I will do that in 4 hours and 15 minutes.

And I know I already asked but...

Q: Should I just TOP the three ladies in wait in my MOM keeper (Happy Mother's Day to them as well :p). I'm looking at about 4 to 5 more inches max with current set up.

Attachments

• S7300287.JPG
    S7300287.JPG
    309.1 KB · Views: 31
Looks perfect mate :D if you past the first week flowering, topping the plants wont do much. I 'believe' topping is done best within the last two weeks of veg - Hopefully someone can confirm that for me. You can bend the tops over too though, it really helps the lower branches get bigger :aok:

MosesPMG said:
Looks perfect mate :D if you past the first week flowering, topping the plants wont do much. I 'believe' topping is done best within the last two weeks of veg - Hopefully someone can confirm that for me. You can bend the tops over too though, it really helps the lower branches get bigger :aok:
TY Moses I appreciate the words of encouragement! But we have a saying in Hawaii when someone is giving you a dirty look or being kinda ugly... My ladies this morning are giving me the "stink-eye" beeg time!:holysheep: I am finishing up anchoring in the stems... I can already see how this would help.

Yeah the 3 others I am talking about are in a MOM keeper and have remained in 24/7 light, and not allowed to flower. These will eventually be my Mom-Clone-Donors. So I can still TOP them, right? I hate doing it now b/c I know they are female and it's too early for a GOOD viable clone from them... good lawd, PLUS I do not need another plant! :ignore:

So they are almost 2 feet tall, wonder how far down I should cut 'em off? May as well make a statement about it and do it well, b/c the pinchin a lil off the TOP has come and gone... where's that emote...:doh:Yep... that's the one!

I'll post a new pic, but I do have a pic up of the three in the MOM keeper... just wondering...:) PLUS, the real issue is I do not have the width to bend them over in the Mom keeper tent, so... LOL

Hi Pua, never remove more than a third of the plant.
Here is a pic of a mom of mine that has been topped a million times. Now I am flowering her out. I ususally took about six inches off each time. She is more of a topiary tree now as I removed all the bottom little stuff.
DSCF0808.JPG

Hope that helps. Looks like your doing well with the lst. Your doing great.

Roddy said:
If you bend the main stem, the branches will follow somewhat, you can tie down anything that looks problematic from there!!! Slow pressure, no herky jerky and don't be too forceful!! :)
Ok Roddy, will do, thank you. I will look for those run away branches and drill more holes to accommodate more (high-stress) LST, js! Laughs @ herky jerky tho, I'm feelin you on that one. I was firm about it but I hope I wasn't too much of a bully. I guess the ladies will let me know soon enough.

I can't picture how it's gonna look I guess... I'll go look it up.

Latest posts

Back