First Grow Journal~ AK-47 and BC's Sweet-Dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SKAGITMAGIC said:
For Grow books I have Marijuana Grow Basics / Jorge Cervantes Ed rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook I use this one alot, and I have a old Rosenthal and Franks, i bought in the mid seventies.
Mahalo Skag~

I will add this to my must-read list. I appreciate you passin along the info too... laughs @ "I bought in the mid-seventies"... :D

bho_expertz said:
How are you feeding them ? you have any meter to check the food gaven ?
Hey bho~ I'm kinda hatin that you asked this question only bc I have seen ur feeding/watering schedule and mine is sooooo far from that. I DO NOT have any meter (ppm I am assuming you mean), all I do have is a PH/Light/Moisture Meter and that one was a cheep-ee one. I see that I may need to invest in something else.

I will post a few pics and will list current water/feed schedule. Then... I'll mosey on over to ur gj and check out ur wonderful ladies next!

bho_expertz said:
I also like the idea of a GJ Comparison. This because we could push more confidently the feedings and learn from mistakes.
I am fairly certain that comparing your gj to mine will, and rightfully so, make you pretty happy about yours! LOL And still I have NO frost on mine... well very little and I have to use the 30x loupe to see anything!

you've done well pua'!!! deservedly proud :)

..."compiling a list"...;)
"IMO"... (and sorry for not answering sooner) but "I" would have recommended lights "off" for 24 to reset your schedule. Interrupting the 'dark cycle' is more likely to promote a hermi'.:eek: and trying to change an hour per day, opens the possibility of mucking it up for 12 days....BUT.. a single interruption shouldn't affect "good" genetics anyway.

the problem with 'adding' t5s are that in order for them to be close enough to benefit your plants, they often shadow/block the better hps lighting.

"MJ Botany" by Clarke, is IMO, by far the most in depth and noBS book on mj of those mentioned. It a bit .."dry" reading. Not entertaining, not a lotta' "purdy pictures" or colorful jabber. Just good scientific factual information. A must IMO, for anyone serious about cultivation.

SKAGITMAGIC said:
After I bend this BLZ over a little and tye her down, I tip the pot with the wedge (small pot), the screw eye, and the plants stem all pointing at the source of light, sun, MH, whatever your source is, this is outside and the suns still in the south, The plant will stretch towards the light source with the bucket in this position, Tighten up on the wire as the plant reaches, after a week or so when you put the pot back level, the main stem will be horizontal, I hope this makes sense, its how I improve my yield, and use the pot tipping jigs etc. Good luck pua!
Aloha Skag Brah~

TY so much for the info. and esp. the pics. Makes me wish I really had done some LST ohhhhh, about two or three months ago! Interesting technique the addition of "tilting" ur pot to train, even more, the plant. Never thought of that and I haven't seen it either, so great!

Were these clones or did you grow them from seeds? After stressing so much over the LST I believe that I will get on board with that a lil bit sooner next time.

Like the "screws" with the EYES bc that looks like it would also be easier to fasten and re-fasten the branches...

puasurfs said:
I am fairly certain that comparing your gj to mine will, and rightfully so, make you pretty happy about yours! LOL And still I have NO frost on mine... well very little and I have to use the 30x loupe to see anything!

Different strains ... It is normal. The Ganesh's don't have many either :eek: .

We need some pics :cool:

Hick said:
you've done well pua'!!! deservedly proud :)

..."compiling a list"...;)
"IMO"... (and sorry for not answering sooner) but "I" would have recommended lights "off" for 24 to reset your schedule. Interrupting the 'dark cycle' is more likely to promote a hermi'.:eek: and trying to change an hour per day, opens the possibility of mucking it up for 12 days....BUT.. a single interruption shouldn't affect "good" genetics anyway.

the problem with 'adding' t5s are that in order for them to be close enough to benefit your plants, they often shadow/block the better hps lighting.

"MJ Botany" by Clarke, is IMO, by far the most in depth and noBS book on mj of those mentioned. It a bit .."dry" reading. Not entertaining, not a lotta' "purdy pictures" or colorful jabber. Just good scientific factual information. A must IMO, for anyone serious about cultivation.
Aloha Hick~

And thank you for stoppin by and for the info as well. I did just decide to go with the "lights-off" for the 24 hours and then resume the new time schedule. Oh lawd... I was too afraid of the HERMI situation to play around with it too much (That's a "word" that really should be censored, like "%$#@*&" bc that's the "baddest most foul word around these parts"... :hubba:)

I was wondering about the T5's... even though it seems I do NOT have great coverage from my hood-reflectors that at least the reflective nature of the tents do in fact help some. But I have a plant that I am sure got burned. NOT bc it was any higher than any of the others but may be the victim of a HOT-Spot. Will assess that very issue today, tho, TY Hick.

And as far as the MJ Botany book goes, yes, you are correct that it is kinda a dry read but I am so enjoying the info regardless. (I should have said "irregardless" b/c that's a pet-peeve of mine):p. A person at my level NEEDS it to be broken down just like Mr. Clarke has done. Excellent. Now where's my dictionary?

irregardless is my pet peeve too. You are doing great Pua. I need to get that book too.

Good-Morning my fellow MP'ers and a Happy Memorial-Day to one and all~

Thank you for all the info and suggestions for reading material in my never ending quest to get this thang dialed in. I will admit that I was a bit over whelmed for a while esp at the thought of these plants getting any larger... I'm NOT gonna ask it, however, if I said, "may I see a show of hands from the ppl who KNEW that sprouting 20 seeds was WAY WAY WAY too many..." The results of that particular inquiry would be staggering...

As of today:

I am @ 26th day of flowering both the AK and the SD.
The watering / feeding schedule is now ridiculous in it's frequency.
Still using r/o water supplemented with @ 50% Cal. /Mag.+, and 10-12ml/gal. of Liquid Karma.
Pure-Pro Bloom @ 25ml / gal - For my flowering ladies.
Pure-Pro Grow @ 15ml / gal - For my Vegging Mom's.
Keeping my PH btwn 6.4 & 6.8 and allowing a couple of days for nutes to settle in and buffer, before I recheck and then feed, thx to the infinite wisdom of our very own THG.

I just snapped a few pics last night. They aren't very good and I will snap more later this week. AK's are lengthening and filling in nicely, but the SD is just going off and filling in big time. It's my first time to see this so to me it's pretty exciting! And yes.... I'mma dork, I know this!

S7300331.JPG - SD S7300332.JPG - SD

S7300330.JPG - SD showing off the benefits from all that (stressful) LST... no kidding there are about 10 - 12 bud sites sticking straight up! (even more on some of the others) YAY!:holysheep:

Thank you for everything thus far ppl... you rawk! juss sayin'

They look just great. If you see some yellowing ( i think that they look very good ) you can push the bloom ferts a little. But that is why you need EC/PPM meter. So you can push the feedings a little, knowing what you are doing.

Nice job with the LST.

bho_expertz said:
They look just great. If you see some yellowing ( i think that they look very good ) you can push the bloom ferts a little. But that is why you need EC/PPM meter. So you can push the feedings a little, knowing what you are doing.

Nice job with the LST.
Mahalo Brah bho~

TY for the compliment about my ladies they appreciate the love! :hubba: I am so hoping that they do come out ok, well, better than ok b/c here's me :watchplant: I'd do it 24/7 if i could.

Yeah in the pic they LOOK yellow bc of the HPS light but in natural light they are green. I have been removing leaves once they do turn that wilted-yellow color, but they usually let me know when it's time to remove them.
I am surprised, honestly, that the (LATE) LST actually worked. EVERY plant has btwn 10 - 14+ straight up bud sites, so... could not have done it without you.

Those meters... they're like $250.00, correct? Prolly why I don't have one. In all honesty the only one I've ever seen has been the ones for hydro that you gotta keep moist? That one WAS $250.00.

That's a lot of money for me right now... juss sayin', b/c I want Jack Herer beans and those are crazy expensive... :rofl:

Just a thought:

*I decided to quit smoking in my grow room today out of courtesy to my ladies... I was imagining that it would be like eating a big juicy double cheese burger in front of your pet cow. Kinda delicious but just a lil creepy too, maybe. juss sayin'. :rofl:

puasurfs said:
Mahalo Brah bho~
Those meters... they're like $250.00, correct? Prolly why I don't have one. In all honesty the only one I've ever seen has been the ones for hydro that you gotta keep moist? That one WAS $250.00.

Jesus :eek: Mine was 59€ that is more or less 70 us dollars. Adwa AD32. Digital, waterproof and automatic calibration. Good stuff.

bho_expertz said:
Jesus :eek: Mine was 59€ that is more or less 70 us dollars. Adwa AD32. Digital, waterproof and automatic calibration. Good stuff.
Oh yeah, much mo bettah... one of those will do fer sureee... ;) TY

puasurfs said:
Just a thought:

*I decided to quit smoking in my grow room today out of courtesy to my ladies... I was imagining that it would be like eating a big juicy double cheese burger in front of your pet cow. Kinda delicious but just a lil creepy too, maybe. juss sayin'. :rofl:

I always used to sit and smoke with the gals, my buddy said it was cruelty! :D :D

I wish i could enter in the tent and smoke a fat spliff contemplanting the wonders of nature. but i can't :doh:

bho_expertz said:
I wish i could enter in the tent and smoke a fat spliff contemplanting the wonders of nature. but i can't :doh:
Aloha Brah~ Yep... I don't have the room either so I gotta admire them from afar. :)

Aloha MP'ers~

Well it would appear that I have done something terribly wrong as I have one plant near dead and some others looking as if they wanna follow suit.

Here's what's up as of today:

33rd day into flowering and all was fine and well until a couple of days ago when I noticed that the leaf tips were turning yellowish. I had read in a gj where someone had pushed the nute limit, got a leaf indication and then backed off a lil. That's what I did too so...

I have been giving my ladies r/o water, with cal./mag.+ @ 50%, with Liquid Karma, and @ 25ml/gl of Pure-Pro-Bloom. PH is kept at about 6.5 - 7.0.

3 days ago I watered and the only thing I did differently was back OFF the nutes by 50% bc I was thinking they had too much by the leaves... I am wondering if it is a NUTE deficiency and would it show up so fast? I'll post the pics... sad sad sad... One is about to die for real.:(

S7300333.JPG - Leaf tips turning yellow

S7300334.JPG - Yellowing progress on the leaves

S7300335.JPG - My FAVORITE plant ("Chunky") has small spots now today.

I cannot even bring myself to photograph the plant that is almost dead! :cry:

Hi Pua,

Not happy to hear so bad news.

PH sould be on soil between 6 and 6.5, being 6.3 to 6.5 the best range. Above that you will have some lockouts. Since i don't know the ferts you use i cannot help with that.

Try to shutdown the light just for photo so the green is more visible for better diagnoses.

Do you see any bugs at the bottom of the leaves ? those "spots" can be thryp ( don't know if wrotes like this ).

Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients.
hxxp://www.marijuana-seeds.net/Thanks/ThankYou.htm
have you calibrated your pen?

Latest posts

Back