First Grow Journal~ AK-47 and BC's Sweet-Dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rotten_socks420 said:
Where ya been puasurfs?? You still updating this? Cant wait for some pics!
Well now... funny you should ask b/c :holysheep: have I ever been busy. All the prep and reading and I still was ill-prepared for the growth rate and R O O M requirements that would entail. But here's where I am today:

I have 2-600W Digital Ballast Light Systems attached to a 400cfm in-line fan that is then attached to it's own a/c line for hood/reflector direct cooling. And I am surprised... it works!

I have sexed, separated/executed, and isolated my ladies!
:hubba: YAY!!!! LADIES!!! Good thing I did too b/c it was obvious. 12/8 without/with ballz respectively, juss sayin. :D

Last week was a transition week between/combined Grow/Bloom nutes, and added Instant Karma for the transplant stress last week. 5 in 5 gallon containers and 7 in 3 gallon ones. Still using r/o H2O with Cal./Mag. + added @ .5 strength. Mist-spray them 5 times a day and alternate between Hawaiian music and Rock music.

Changed from 24/7 T5 Lights to MH @ 2 weeks ago and the growth has been ridiculous. Changed over to 12/12 and my HPS yesterday. I have every seam duct taped on that tent so no light will leak
:ignore:!!!

I wanted to show a pic of my new Blue Diamond Conversion Bulbs b/c they come with their own, ah..., well, cool-lookin' condoms. Can I say condoms? Anyway I guess it's to protect the bulbs from our grubby lil hands.
;) I will shoot one next time. In the mean time have a look see at my new set up, the ladies in wait, and the 3 "CHOSEN-ONE'S" that I have for the Mom's in my Mom keeper.

S7300262.JPG S7300264.JPGS7300265.JPGS7300266.JPGS7300268.JPGS7300269.JPGS7300258.JPG~THE "Chosen-Few"... The 3 Donor-Mom's in my Mom keeper. 2 @ different pheno-types of the BC Sweet Dreams and 1 AK who is flawless!

Real clean set up. Healthy plants. Yes you can say condoms.

nouvellechef said:
Real clean set up. Healthy plants. Yes you can say condoms.
:D Thank you chef I am trying to be attentive :watchplant: without actually living in my grow room~

I am currently in a major dilemma re: why I have had to water all the time. Less now since switching to 12/12, however, I was under the impression that these larger pots would/should afford me several days in btwn. I read where THG said she mixes nutes and let's 'em sit out for a day, let them buffer, and then re-check 'em, cool... I have 10 gal. bubbling, waiting for the first sign of (over) dryness.

Another thing... and I know I'm gonna get reamed for this but... I'm gonna run outta HEIGHT room I think before I get to harvest (nope, I didn't pinch them or prune them :doh:, insert appropriate cussing sentiment here).

nouvellechef said:
Tie them down.
Oh, wow okay... It's not too late since it's just the 1st wk. of flower? I can get that rubber coated wire or whatever and just bend them to the side? :eek:

I think that bending is the best ... Be carefull thought not to snap anything ... They look awesome ;)

bho_expertz said:
I think that bending is the best ... Be carefull thought not to snap anything ... They look awesome ;)
TY bho I appreciate that~
just bend them over a lil at a time I guess...? Doesn't have to be the TOP bent over to the very BOTTOM (nodes?) does it? :confused2:

I would top them 1st. Should of done it in last week veg. But 1st week flower will be ok. Then yes, drill holes at very top, all around. I like butchers twine. It's soft to the stalk. Then just bend every top down and over and tie tight. It will open the middle, keep then shorter, but wider also, so remember that.

Roddy said:
Tie them up and talk dirty to them.... :D
I think this may be a great idea Roddy, but since I'm not EXACTLY sure what you mean... feel free to give me (us) some "pointers & ideas" re: specifics and stuff!

:p *waiting*

lookin real good brother. good job!!

Mine love a bit of bondage, followed by the "clothes hanger treatment" while being talked dirty to....things like "this worm castings is dirty, rub it all over your roots for me".

LMAO

Roddy said:
Mine love a bit of bondage, followed by the "clothes hanger treatment" while being talked dirty to....things like "this worm castings is dirty, rub it all over your roots for me".

LMAO

lmao

Roddy said:

LMAO
TYSVM Roddy!!! LMAO :rofl:

*Takes out pen and writes ALL this down in GJ @ home for later reference*

Wow! Only 3 days into flowering and I already see the alternating nodes, very interesting, and getting more female by the moment.

For today I need to:
1). Figure out about this bending thang for height, b/c I don't wanna trade a height restriction for a "width" restriction (4 x 8 x 6.5) .
a) Should I TOP them first IF I do?
b) Incrementally bending it? Or will some of my common sense lemme know when to stop? (I read that when bending young-ins you can take the top all the way LOWER than the bottom sets of leaves).

2.) or... Invest in a great deal of quality bamboo sticks, move them and the lights OUTSIDE the tent for the 12 hours and back inside for lights out b/c then 6'5" with out lights is plenty of room (and hope for the best)?

~My ONLY concern ever, ummm... until this one, has been quality not quantity. I'm "kicking" my "quality" today... juss sayin'.

Hope its good. Lot of work and dedication to not be. Why its really important to start with something great :) Just top them. Maybe top and tie next time.

It's best IMHO to already have alternating nodes before switching to 12/12!

Both topping and LST will cause for bushing out at least a bit, keep this in mind! :)

I heard once if you do your LST stuff before you water, your a lot less likely to snap a stem. Do your bending when the pots are light. I think you have what it takes to be a great cannibis farmer.

Your plants and your room look great.

I would bend them and tie them. You will taking males out as soon as they show sex, so should have enough room to do some LST. Also don't panic if you happen to snap one--they are amazing resilient and seem to recover fine from snapped stems and branches. I really try to keep from topping them once they are into flowering.

Latest posts

Back