First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to intrude on your grow journal. I thought this site was for everyone.:cry:

In the future you may want to avoid switching from one grow media to the next because a plant usually gets used to the original media and sometimes doesn't recover. Take it from experience I tried that before and lost 66% of my crop. But your grow is still looking good though.

Yeah, I learned my lesson, from now on anything that's going into hydro is going to be started in rockwool. The transition has been a rough one so far, but I think I'm starting to see signs of recovery, although growth has slowed substantially. Here's pics from today, just after I gave her leaves a bit of a drink as I'm trying to flush out the previously overnuted DWC water. The reservoir is still just plain water, no nutes, and Sylvia looks to be recovering, finally. Hopefully things continue to improve.

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1235.JPG

Give them a few days to 2 weeks for recovery especially after such a drastic change in evironment

These are new pics, I think Sylvia is finally startig to get used to her new home. I checked the bottom of the net pot and saw the first white root hanging out the bottom! The plant is still growing slowly. Lots of new leaves, but not much vertical growth.

Pic1 "front side"
Pic2 "back side"
Pic3 top view, the newest leaves have a slight redish/purple tinge to them, very subtle, but something to watch, is this a nute deffiency or something weird?
Pic 4 new root exploring below the net pot....the camera was upside down, not the plant in this picture, I was just too lazy to rotate the picture

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

Thats good actually this is a good time to for root growth as the moon is waning right now and if you plant, transplant or fertilize by the proper moon cycle by the lunar cycle you will start to see noticeable results. Here is a link for you to check out. :D :farm: http://www.gardeningbythemoon.com/lunarfacts.html

I had to be away from my plant for a weekend, as I was visiting my family for easter, so I topped off the reservoir, set a break in the lights, so the temps wouldn't get too high, and I thought I'd be okay to let it on it's own for three days. I return sunday night to a frightful sight. My plant is completely shriveled up and breaks to the touch. All I have left is a root system and an ugly stump sticking out of the hydroton. I'm going to let it for a few days, but I"m assuming it's just going to finish the dying process. Is it possible for a plant to regenerate from this far gone of a state? Is there a snowballs chance in Daunte's inferno that any new growth will result, or should I just cut my losses and start over now? The roots stayed wet, but pretty sure the entire leaf structure was scorched. The max temp on my gage only read 93 degrees which is the high end of normal for my grow area. I picked up the net pot to check the water and it was barely at the bottom of the pot. Is it possible that if the roots stayed alive that the plant can grow back, or is it a goner?

It won't hurt to let it go for a week or so to see if there is any new green growth. I scorched one of my plants when it was small -- it reached up and hit my 42 watt CFL and turned *completely* brown. I mean it was baked. Even the stem was mostly brown. But I just left it in my res (I'm doing hydro) and after 4 or 5 days, I noticed a tiny green speck at the very top. That speck eventually turned into leaves. I figured I had stressed the plant so badly that it would turn into a male or would hermie, but it turned female and hasn't gone hermie yet. So it is definitely worth giving it a try. Just keep in mind that if it does show some green at the top, it is going to be slow-going for a while until it gets more leaves going. And while you are waiting, don't pull off any of the dead leaves yet. Just leave them be until they fall off.

Latest posts

Back