First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nuked at 50% power for 30 seconds, then turn and do it again. Don't tell anyone.

Testing, testing -- I did it as Roddy suggested and waited until today to do the test. Had I seen Rosy's cute little post, I probably would have done it last night. I took the smallest branch I could find off the AK. There was enough popcorn on it for a nice size joint, so I cut that up real nice and laid it on a plate. I sat the little bud from the top of the branch out as well -- I will give it a little cure and see how it smells and tastes. Roddy was right about the cut up weed being ready today. It rolled up into a very nice doobie. The little bud I put in the little wooden box (my avatar) I'll jar it as soon as it feels like it can handle the cure.

I smoked less than half of the joint, and the high is fine. It even tastes better than the Cuzz's immature excrement. I haven't been growing weed long, but I have been smoking it for longer than a lot of folks have been alive, and in my experience, I find the high is pretty much the same no matter what strain I am smoking. Being couch locked doesn't happen with Mexi stress because it just doesn't have the THC content. With real good weed I find that I can get as high as I want -- that and the taste, IMO, are the only difference -- the high is the same -- Smoke two joints of mediocure weed -- take two hits (or one) off some good bud and you get the same "high" -- Take five hits off the good stuff and you have "couch lock."

There is a difference between Indica and Sativa where Indica tends to be a heaver, more physical high, and Sativa being more mental, and there is a wide variety of different tastes and smells -- which is what I think we all desire and are looking for in the weed we grow.... Am I wrong?

I smoked half the joint just before I started typing this "HIGH" message. I'd say ............. nice Sativa dom weed -- strong, cerebrial. If I smoke the other half of the doobie I might be locked down for a while -- think I'll try.

It's seventy degrees, sunny, beautiful on the lake today, and I am high on my own weed :)

Peace

:aok: hemper its great huh nothin like smokin your own Im finally back in chopped a lady friday she finally smokin :).

A good way I found to quickdry is to take your bud and sit it on a piece of paper on top of a lamp right above the light bulb. It will dry it out in an hour or less . Works pretty good.

AK47 is more of an Indica than a sativa. As I recall, it won the Cannabis cup some years ago for the best Indica. Is this what you got from your cuz?

I find quite different highs between different strains. I believe that once you get some strains going, you will find the same. I can pretty much tell my strains apart just by the smell and taste...each seems quite distinctive.

Congrats on smoking some of your own "home grown".

The Hemp Goddess said:
AK47 is more of an Indica than a sativa. As I recall, it won the Cannabis cup some years ago for the best Indica. Is this what you got from your cuz?

I find quite different highs between different strains. I believe that once you get some strains going, you will find the same. I can pretty much tell my strains apart just by the smell and taste...each seems quite distinctive.

Congrats on smoking some of your own "home grown".

Yes that^. Congrats is right. What a feeling huh?

I can tell mine apart too. They are all very different. Thanks to the Hemp Goddess all I want to smoke is Satori during the day. I like it better then train wreck which a couple of years ago I would have said blasphemy. TW was my fav till I met this girl named satori.

Goddess, yes, the Cuz labeled this plant AK47. Hell, this may be a Indica dom high -- what do I know? I do know when I am high tho :)

I'm thinking that, yes, there are differences in taste and smell -- but high is high. The differences in the high have more to do with the strength of the weed. But again, what the heck do I know -- I'm high :)

Thank you all -- yes, smoking my own weed is truly a treat...

Rose, ain't that Satori great? I think I will have it in my garden always.

LOL--Hemper, that might not even be AK47. I personally have never grown it because it is supposed to be very odorous. If yours isn't, it might not even be AK47....but, hey, what's in a name? It's yours and you are enjoying it, that's all that matters!

There are distinct differences in the highs between different strains. Satori is my favorite daytime smoke--it is a get up and do something high. The Pineapple Express that I have tested seems to be quite a couch lock strain--makes me melt right into the recliner.

You are so right Goddess, who cares? It is a strong high, and it tastes better than the Cuzz's even quick dried. I am extreemly pleased. I have a small scale, some jars, some nice sissors and a place to hang the buds without the carbon filter it will stink like Hell in this boat, but only for a few days. I just won't open the door...

Could one ladies melting high be another ladies get up and do something high?

HemperFi said:
Could one ladies melting high be another ladies get up and do something high?

No, I highly doubt it. Rose and I both agree that the Satori is the get up and go strain. I believe that she is just saying that there is a time and place for couch lock strains (but Satori is not one of them).

Okay ladies, I believe you -- I got an e-mail from Attitude today saying my order was "dispatched." I guess the fraud department at my bank had put a hold on my card because of all my strange orders on line. I straightened them out yesterday. I wondered because last week in Calif I couldn't buy gas with my card. Anyway, it's dispatched. Feels good knowing. I don't suppose I'll be popping any seeds until I shut down for the summer and then start up again when I get back to the boat next Sept. I leave from July to Sept -- it's just too damn hot here then. I have a room full of clones, clones of the clones in rapid rooters -- I will take a few more today. I don't see having any space for a new strain right now -- unless I faze out the Poison Mighty Might. I'm loving the (WP?) and (AK?)whatever they actually are. I also have a real nice looking plant from seed called Mountain Bud from Kindseeds. It has alternating nodes and shows female, but I had another one of these that hermied on me. I have nine female plants in vedge, and I can only use 4 or 5 of them. My sons visited an old friend of the family the other day. He showed them a room full of dead plants -- perhaps he can take a few of these clones. I can probably figure out where he went wrong as well -- I'm sure it's something in his set up -- probably ventilation or not enough light. The boys told him what I was doing here and he asked to speak with me, so I told them to give him my number. Would be nice to have another grower near by. Anyway, I must go clone a couple of plants for the crop after next. This is fun...

Peace

Rosebud, I have been reading your "dirt" journal. I haven't contributed because I don't know enough to help. I am a little confused about what you are trying to do though. Are you trying to make dirt that will nurish your plants all the way through flower? Seems to me like that would require a pretty big pot. Why not just supliment with some organic nutes? This bottle of Big Bloom I have says it is organic and good at all stages of the plants life. Just wonderin....

sure wish I could help you

peace

I am trying to get away from using Fox farm ocean forest. I buy bags and bags and want to make my own super soil. I have used that and roots organic ferts for years, but want to step it up. I had some trouble a grow ago where the soil i used wasn't as hot as i thought and my grow REALLY suffered. I have been a gardener for 35 years and organic 10 or those.
I love soil, i love the microbes that feed the soil that feed the plants. I love the ....here comes my favorite word...symbiotic--- relationships that happen in the dirt.
Does that help at all?

What I love is your passion for what you love. You go girl. All that microbial action scares me. Symbiotic IS a cool word. :)

yes, that helps

peace

Okay MP, I believe our crop is ready to chop. I was just looking at the trichs on the AK, and it's like half, half amber and cloudy -- the amber trichs haven't began to degrade, but it looks ready to me -- and none of you experts are here to render any help at this juncture. I'll make an executive decission and harvest our first plant. I'll post a pic of before and after a little later tonight. I'm waiting for a friend to come over and get a bottle of rum I purchased for him today. He works here at the marina, and is a friend, but doesn't have a clue what I'm doing in the back of this boat.

I took two more clones off of the Mountain Bud -- It looks like some potiential dank. I also topped all the plants I am putting in the tent next, including the MB. I will have two AK, one WP, one PMM and the MB -- 4 strains, but I feel I can deal with it now because of all the help I have been given in this forum -- thank you all again, and again and again....

I'm going to have fun tonight killing a couple of plants -- The PMM are growing straight out of the top of their buds -- I'm going to give them some time -- the AK and the WP seem done -- done enough for me :)

peace

update: i pulled the AK out. It is sitting here next to me now. I have to take a pic of it before I kill it. I took a few and then the camera went down, but I didn't get a shot of the whole plant. If there isn't 3oz on this plant I will kiss some serious arse. Anyway, I am not going to chop it until the camera charges up and I can get a good pic of this monster plant ,-- it's a bustin out, juicy, stanky little girl -- my favorite :)

It's stinkin up the boat sittin here -- pics coming...

here is the best pic I have taken so far:

100_0860.JPG

Latest posts

Back