First Post, First Grow - Northern Lights - Indoor Hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What up DJ. I see the ladies are coming right along and looking great. Crap mang you got yourself a regular jungle in there. The only thing that's missing are the animals and of course Tarzan. :p Your doing a great job my friend keep it up. :aok:

IMO!!!!

Extraordinarily Striking Development Of An Excellent Looking Cannabis Species !!

I was using the thesaurus to try and sound educated,
In Other Words !!
Them There Ladies Are Looking GOOOOD!!

Day 39/22 (Oct. 16)

3 weeks into flowering now and there are lots of budsites underway. I changed the water completely today and gave it new water and ferts. Checked all the air stones and pumps. Everything seems to be going good. One thing I would like to get are some styrofoam are noeprene (or any similiar material) 'pucks' to support the plants. We have some hydroton but no net pots yet so I guess I can just wait for that.

Anyways, pictures.

Personal notes
- 6 tsp of each (MGF)
- Unit got 3 tsp, slight signs of nute burn already, watch closely
- thermometer needed
- panda paper floor next watering

Pictures:
1. Two of the tubs inside the room
2. One of the tubs out of the room
3. Two of the tubs outside the room
4/5. Budsites
6. Looks to be a good cola starting
7/8. Budsites
9. Outside looking in

Northern Touch 001.jpg

Northern Touch 003.jpg

Northern Touch 004.jpg

Northern Touch 005.jpg

Northern Touch 007.jpg

Northern Touch 008.jpg

Northern Touch 009.jpg

Northern Touch 010.jpg

Northern Touch 011.jpg

10-17. These are of all the plants put back in the grow room after I was done working with them. JUNGLE.

18. A fan leaf with 11 things. haha, no idea what theyre called

Northern Touch 012.jpg

Northern Touch 013.jpg

Northern Touch 015.jpg

Northern Touch 017.jpg

Northern Touch 019.jpg

Northern Touch 020.jpg

Northern Touch 022.jpg

Northern Touch 023.jpg

Northern Touch 024.jpg

Damn DJ the ladies are coming right along and looking great. Tell ya one thing mang that's gonna be one fine harvest when the time comes. Keep up the great work. ;)

Yea, that looks like its bud city!
Great work.

Nice grow dude, those ladies are lookin FINE!!! :p

WOW Look at that jungle betta watch for wild animals LOL. Keep up the good work

'Sup dude :ciao:. I have to admit, they looked pretty burned up in the beginning but they definately pulled through. Nicely done :aok:. That should be one helluva harvest. +rep :headbang:. peace, e :bong2:

wow dude 1st grow what a smokin result dude keep up the good work man

pkj

Thanks guys!

I definitely trimmed these bad girls. We fimmed them twice and topped them once. The topping was to get clones mostly, but fimming is the process where you cut a little higher than when you top. The result is that there can be 2-8 shoots, making it really bushy, but the downside is you can't root whats left of the fimming.

eyeslikedonuts - I find a lot of plants will triumph through minor problems. After all, cannibus is a WEED. Weeds are very resiliant and easy to grow.

Anyways, back to studying for my midterm! Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Damn, nice grow, I love to see people doing SWC, its one of my fav hydro methods. I didn't see any venting in those pictures, what are you using to vent the room? I tried a SWC grow similar to this (got the idea from OG) a long time back and loved how it worked out but I could not afford proper ducts and only used a box fan. The plants experienced hyper transpiration which raised the relative humidity higher than I wanted and lowered the res water level more than I wanted (caused ph fluctuations, nute lockouts...).

hahaha, I just wish cannabis was a "weed" in my country, would be able to get my meds a lot easier :)

Keep up the great work DJ, can't wait to see more progress.

BAD NEWS!!!!!

GROW GOT BUSTED!!!!!

I might as well tell the whole story.

We had some people over after the bars last night. One of the girls got up and left without saying a word around 3:30am and we never saw her again. One of her friends called me at 7:30 saying she was missing and her parents were looking for her and they had called the cops. I say what I know and fall back asleep until 8:30am. I wake up again to knocking at the door. I hear my buddy who had slept down in the family room talking about a missing girl. He doesn't know the girl well and doesn't live with me so I went down to talk to the people, who I soon find out are cops. The cops are in my entrance and they start telling me how they NEED to look in the house for this missing person. I hesitate... and am very aprehensive saying that she is not in the house. They insist saying that it's essential to finding this girl.
My house is a grow-house (so aptly named by the cops), and we blaze in it everyday. The cops smelled it and actually said "We don't care if you're growing weed" we just want to look for this girl. I reluctantly let them in. They checked rooms until eventually they came upon Mexico. The room is named Mexico because it has 4 cabinets in it; Acapulco, Bueno Vista and Cancun which make up The Wall (A,B,C); and the 4th cabinet is called Lazy. Only Acapulco and Bueno Vista were filled with plants. The immediate remark of the officer upon entering was "I could see why you didn't want to let us in". He looked in every cabinet and stumbled upon our ladies. He seemed unphased by the rather large operation. He called his buddy in to look at it and the second officer says "We're going to have to seize this".
The takeover of my house was unwarming. Literally! All the lights, hoods, reflectors, fans, tubs, panda paper, fertilizers, tools, pumps, air stones, air hosing and of course the plants. The officers layed everything out on our driveway to do an inventory. In total, their count came to 192 plants. I didn't get a number on anything else. It took them awhile to finally haul everything out, but within the first 30 minutes, the first news channel showed up. About 20 minutes later, the second news channel showed up. TWO different local TV news casts! Plus a photojournalist; I have no idea what company, if any, he was from. Also taken was 3 ounces of bud, various scales, pipes, honey oil, crystals, salvia.
No one in the house got charged with anything, because the officer kept his word about not looking for plants, but of course, he still had to seize them. I actually can really admire that but I feel that I was coherced into letting them in. They made it seem like I had no choice but to let them in. ITS TRUE WHEN THEY SAY DON'T LET COPS IN EVER, they will break down the door if they're allowed to come in. My mind was in another place when the cops showed up at my door, I was thinking about the girl. You can never lose site that cops don't ever belong in your house!
Of course, with any other post, I have pictures!

1-5 = Various pics of all the stuff on our driveway/walkway
6 = Cop cars lined down the street
7 = Cop car driving away, people mingling, as well; that white van hidden behind the tree is a local news station.
8 = The cameraman and journalist as a bus full of people pass by.
* I didn't get any pictures of the first news station that arrived but two of them came.
9-10 = A photojournalist stopping by to grab a story.

Northern Touch 001.jpg

Northern Touch 002.jpg

Northern Touch 003.jpg

Northern Touch 004.jpg

Northern Touch 006.jpg

Northern Touch 005.jpg

Northern Touch 007.jpg

Northern Touch 008.jpg

Northern Touch 010.jpg

Northern Touch 011.jpg

Sorry to hear about that man... Bites for sure... Thats was a weird situation with the missing girl and all.

By the way where are the pics?

Got them up there now, here's some more.

1 = Back of the loaded van
2 = Some more generic shots
3-5 = Chopping plants
6-10 = Bag it and tag it, off to get destroyed :(

All in all, we got pretty lucky, but it still sucks like crazy.

Northern Touch 013.jpg

Northern Touch 014.jpg

Northern Touch 015.jpg

Northern Touch 016.jpg

Northern Touch 017.jpg

Northern Touch 018.jpg

Northern Touch 019.jpg

Northern Touch 020.jpg

Northern Touch 021.jpg

Northern Touch 022.jpg

Aww man, thats harsh.. was it all true about the missin girl and all? Like they didn't set you up or anythin? I can't believe it, it was such a good grow!

thanks so much dj for screwing our operation straight into the ground....

learn to grow...

and grow up.

Latest posts

Back