First Time Grow(closet/box/fluoros)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blownupnostril

NEW AT THIS!!!
Reaction score
Hey everyone im new to marijuana passion and im also new to growing. This is my first real time growing. I will keep evryone updated with how it turns out. I will be posting pictures often. I am growing with bagseed right now and next I will be growing with Headies seeds I have. I am growing with soil in a box i built that is 2x2x5Ft Tall. I have 3 inlet fans blowing on the plants and 1 exhaust fan at the top. I have 7 42W spiral compact fluorescent bulbs. After these were germinated they were put in the soil on Jan 3rd, 09. The temp run at about 80F high. They are in 12 inch pots. I started them in Jiffy pots and their roots outgrew them so i transplanted them.
Like I said this is my first time growing.
IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS TO HELP ME PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND ALSO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK..........THANKS AND A :tokie: TO YOU ALL!!! They are 12 days old in these pictures

Jan 15,09.jpg

Jan 15,09 (2) (Medium).jpg

weed resize (Large).jpg

First welcome to the forum ,,:peace: and second good luck ,,,you seem to have it all planed out,,what ferts are u going to use and i canrt see any pics :p
heres some green mojo to help the :baby: on there way :48:

hey blown up look on the side of the boxes the bulb came in it should tell you how many lumens each bulb has ,,,ill go and see if i can find out :48:

blownupnostril said:
okay that doesnt help do i already have enough light or not?

Add up the Lumens per bulb that you now have. Most 42 Watt cfl's are 2600 Lumens,,23 watt cfl's are 1600 Lumens. You do the math.:D YA need about 5 or 6 more thousand Lumens. Id say 3 more 42 watters and get rid of the 23&13 watter.

thanks i will do i was gonna replace the little ones with the 42s but thats all i have for a couple daysand i will grab one more lamp socket thanks guys but also would anyone mind tellin me about how to add nutrients and how much of each and what kind

ok depending on how much money u want to spend ,,
you are gonna need 1 for vegging and 1 for flowering ,,,

and ur plants will tell you when they need feeding ,,or from around 3 weeks old ,,,depending on the type of nuterients you get ,,,its best to start of on a 1/4 strength soloution slowly building it up ,,,,,
good luck :48:

u can get them online or in a hydro shop there are lots to choose from
i use bio grow and bloom ,,,,some use fox farm ect ,some make their own look around growjournals ect ,,:peace:

blownupnostril said:
yea what kinds brands? where to buy?

Pick one,,there are several. I use Dutch Master Gold Grow and Dutch Master Flower and DM Zone for my roots. Any Nutes are better then none.;)

I just picked up the 42W's and i got another bulb hookup. i will look into getting the nutes thanks for everything i will post more pictures tomrrow

ok so now im gonna have 42w's and im soo excited about the new growth, i now have 21,600 lumens for my 4sf of grow area:D

Here are pictures of the babies.........they are exactly two weeks today hope everyone likes em also i am posting pictures of my setup:cool:

Jan 17, 09.jpg

Jan 17, 09(2).jpg

Jan 17,09(3).jpg

Latest posts

Back