First Time Grow(closet/box/fluoros)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey everyone just wanted to see what people think if its a good idea or a bad idea:::::::::: the undergrowth seems a little crowded i was thinkin about maybe tyin some of the branches slightly outward would this do anything ? please let me know your opinions THANKS

You could start LST now if you wanted, just a little at a time, might help with yields, don't trim anything off the plant though unless it is molding or full of bugs. Let the leaves do their thing and fall off on their own. When you put that little one into flower it will stretch plenty. The shorter the distance between the internodes now, the better off you'll be later. Lookin good keep it up.

im going to flower it in the current pot i transplanted into that from a jiffy its a 3.5 gallon pot but the undergrowth is like pushing up through the fan leaves so i figure i could lightly pull them outward more instead of right up? know what im saying? or no? lol i dont really plan on a bunch of lst or anything i just think the few branches could be pulled outward a little.. let me know

as long as your not removing fan leaves then I don't see how there would be any ill effect to trying it.

I adjust branches (or in your case fan leaves) to help get light where I want it.

yea well the two bottom fan leave turned yellow and died so i pulled them off but thats about it i water once a week and i just adjusted the leaves so we'll see im changing the timer tonight as tomorrow it will be 5 weeks old

Hey everyone.....well today is the first day of flower and "she" i hope lol is looking good i just noticed today im starting to get 9 point leaves and two days ago my buddy and i measured it and it was almost 8 and today we measured and its a lil over 8 and a half!!!!i couldnt believe it lol anyways i cant wait to see what happens!!!:) and also if i covered the walls in white paper would that be better than the wood grain that is around it now? please let me know thanks
ALSO I WIlL PROBABLY POST SOME MORE PICS TOMORROW

hey everyone i was just wonderin if i was going to buy a hps system what watt should i buy? my box is 2ftx2ftx5ft high and if im only growing like 2 plants or one plant at a time whats the ideal bulb i should use? 250W...400W? Also watt volt ballast should i get?THANKS

250w should be fine, get some flat white paint on your walls if u can, make sure you have afan to blow the hot around, and you'll most likely need some type of exhaust.4 inches should be perfect, if your local grow shop has cooltubes or any type enclosed hoods with a hole for ventilation should be perfect for you! If you need any other info just ask:D

as for the voltage of the ballast, it depends on your outlet. 220v would cost you less at the end of the month, if you if can get 220v:)

sounds good ill look into it should i put up white paper on the walls?

dont think it would reflect well, your local hydro store should have or be able to get mylar or some sort of material that reflects 95% or better, mylar or flat white paint are probably your best options. if you cant get either, try posting a picture of this "paper" and i may be able to see if it would reflect well. Hope this helps:cool:

thanks for the advice ill look around and see what i can find i might just have to wait a week or somethin and just get the mylar dunno yet

if theres a hardware store in your area check it out ask them if they carry any organic nutes they should have something for you and the higher the watts the more weed you get at the end so if you can manage that 400 watter get it

hey everyone it is Day 5 of flowering and already im seen a nice growth spurt and its looking pretty healthy to me i took a few picture this morning to enlighten you with hope you guys like em i cant wait to see what it is.....this week im getting the mylar and ive made a rubbermaid grow box to start some more plants in then put them in the big box after this one has finished:rolleyes: so enough of this heres the pics

100_0153.jpg

100_0156.jpg

100_0160.jpg

Lookin good, going back to your post about trimming them, i see no reason to trim anything off, more fan leaves= more light for your plant to catch, the more your plant gets light, the better it grows:) They look good buddy, let em grow and keep us updated.

thanks man i will do im gonna drive down to the hydro store soon and get some nutrients what kind should i use for veg and what kind should i use for flowering>? THANKS

Latest posts

Back