freaking out...major panic setting in right now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after reading all this thread i see one thing noone ever stopped to think of...maybe your neighbourhood was being scoped by a potential robber or someone who was running from the police

that would also explain why the presence of the cops after this...who knows..maybe other people saw these prints around their property and alerted the police to suspicious activity...or maybe a neighbour even saw the person and called police ...even the person you saw with the clipboard could have been dressed as a "survey taker" as a way to scope out the inside of your place

from what you say about where the prints were and what they had view of it would appear to me that maybe someone was scoping entry ways into the house ...and of course at the back of the house where they are less visible to traffic

sorry to hear you ended up chopping :(

Any history of sleep walking ? maybe ya went out in the middle of the night for a look. Stranger things have happened. :p

haha nah I'm pretty sure I wasn't out sleep walking. It's ok, I've been keeping an eye out here and there to see if there's any suspicious cars parked anywhere or if anyone is watching my windows or anything. I haven't noticed anything so far. Lol I feel like an old grandma peeping through her closed blinds. Not sure about a robber or something. If they enter the house they'll most definitely be a mutilated mess after me and my katana get through with them.

Umm, if you just have one plant let it be... seriously do you think they would spend all those hours and man power for one plant?

They are probably doing something unrelated to you. Hell in most states the cops would laugh at the prospect of busting someone for one plant....

But def.. stop putting it by the window, and perhaps you might consider getting another normal plant to replace the it in the spot on the window...

Well hope all is well with you and everything works out okay.

Dizoelio said:
Umm, if you just have one plant let it be... seriously do you think they would spend all those hours and man power for one plant?
Yes, I've known several people who got busted for doing exactly what this lady has done.

There are real police that DO bust people for one plant. It happens every day. Yes, neighbors do call the police for one pot plant. Yes, they can tell what it is. Most ten year olds know what a pot plant looks like.

Yes, the police waste time busting one plant grows all the time.

Yes, she should not ever do that again.

Jails are full of people who had one little plant in their yard or window.

It depends entirely on the police in any given area. In Florida, people go to jail for ONE SEED. It's a felony in Florida. Instant Felony. Even if a person gets put on probation, they have a Felony conviction for the rest of their life.

No one should ever SHOW the entire world that they are growing pot by putting it in a window. Nosy neighbors own binoculars. They call the cops for every little thing they see. If one calls the cops and says there is a pot plant in this guys window, the cops in most places WILL come and check it out. If it's a pot plant, and they can see it, YOU'RE BUSTED.

I saw a guy get busted for having a ROACH. I knew him. He went to jail, right then. He was in jail for a week and put on probation for 5 years with a Felony conviction for possessing pot.

THIS IS NO JOKE PEOPLE. If you live in a place that this type of bust doesn't happen, I'm happy for you. In the USA, there are plenty of places that Barney Fife will bust you for just one seed. Pray you don't get caught there.

the law is the law. it doesnt matter if its barely serious, archaic, technicality, miniscule, if they feel like being strict with it they can and will. so one plant might be seized or might be an arrest. if its just a seizure then the plant was worth keeping although i must say do to cloning potentials they could argue that your growing to distribute. my friend brandon today kept goin on and on about if ur on private property the cops cant search you and blah blah. idk if he knows what hes talking about. if the cops did base an unrest on her by walking up to the window that might not go but what if they use benoculars to prove what it was? it just depends. but sum1 said why not keep a cutting anyway. why bother with a cutting if shes gotta hide that and if she starts up- with the cutting again its just another plant and no different when it grows roots.

northernlightssmokn said:
First off, dont chop and flush. You'll only plug the toilet...lol. Use the garbage disposal!!...double lol... I would take a clone and kill the mother. If you get raided, the one little clone will weigh way under the possesion law amounts for your state. By the time the clone is big your grow room will be set up. A clone is easyer to get dismissed in court than a 2 foot vegging plant. It's extreme but so is putting a mj plant in a window...lol! btw, what are the odds that it was a crackhead or neighbor that saw it? Were the tracks adult size boots or tennishoes? Uniformed cops dont wear tennisshoes. If it was undercover wouldnt they still need a warrent to enter the property? Yes the plant would be probable cause, but they should still need a warrent to enter the property. Was where the person walked away from the window and stopped again, be a perfect spot to take a picture? If so, kill that plant now and be rid of the headaches and worry. I bet your day has been all stressed because of this. Kill the stress and get on with life or go on with the grow and accept the stress as part of the procedure. Accepting it is also an acceptance of the consiquenses if caught. Also consider your grow!! Do you want pegged as a grower over one plant and red flagged? You will never grow a real crop of say...20 plants and sleap a peacefull nite the whole time. You will be on pins and needles knowing if your caught that it will be the second time!! Kill the plant and get a good nites sleep!! build a grow room and grow in peace!!!

I do not know the laws in your state, but a live plant regardless of wieght is "manufacturing" not "possesion"...So, whether you are caught with a clone or you are caught with a 6ft resin drippin bud monster it will still be manufacturing. Getting evidence dismissed will depend on how good your lawyer is.

Be careful flushing anything, if you are under investigation the cops could and do have screens installed in the sewer system to catch evidence that may get flushed leading up to a raid or during a raid.

Again, I do not know the laws in your state but police do not need a warrant to walk into someone's yard to investigate a suspicious plant in a window sill.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

You want to talk about archaic laws. My friend lives in a city, a major city mind you, that will not allow sororities because there is a law from almost a hundred years ago that will not allow more than five women who do not share the same blood to live in a house together. This law was enacted to "prevent" cathouses. Sadly they enforce this law today. Worst of all a woman who was a foster parent was arrested and actually put in jail because she had six foster children (all female) living in her home with her and she had just moved into the city.

So yeah, be prepared to be just as cautious with a single plant as you would with a hundred plants because no matter how "innocent" the crime is, a crime is a crime no matter how fair or just it seems to you.

Also, this is a good time to mention to all Americans that it does say in our constitution that we can "rise up" against the government and overthrow them if we feel they are losing site of what is best for the common good.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

:):):):)

Hey LaserKittens, I am sorry to hear about your grow. its a terrible shame but its also better to be safe than sorry.
Personally, i would never put a plant in a window.

We got a clone that sits in our bath overnight while the girls get 12 hours rest. the windows are not clear, they are crystalised or something and i think everyone around here keeps the bathroom light on overnight.

Get yourself a stealth grow cupboard, well worth it as you can keep it there nice n safe. Our HPS lights up the grow room and from outside it just looks like a house light is on for the hour that it gets dark before the lights turn off at 7pm.

EDIT: i bet it was a craskhead creeping around your house lol

Yeah, it might have been some guy just creeping around. But even still I want to know for sure. I'm going to convert a tv stand into a small grow box. I'm just waiting on my new lights to come in. Going to put 4 65w fluorex flood lights in it along with a bunch of sockets to add all my other cfls. I just need to make a light proof door for it and install the computer fans that will ventilate and it should be good to go.

so if u have say a limit of five legal plants and u had one branch with 6 currings cut off does that count as seven now?

Just in case it was LEO, you might want to find a plant similar in size and apperance (thats not a marijuana plant) just in case anyone would come to your house

I was talking to the guy who works at the hydroponics store (glad I did too) and he was telling me how much growth to expect with what kind of lights and basically what he said was if you want a plant over 2 or 3 ft tall you have to at least get an HID 400 watt. Which of course makes sence to me after reading that guide about lumen output and the sun. Where I live a complete HID 400 watt setup is 369.00

I know I've made at least that on profit these last few weeks so I'm going to spend the money and make sure I do it right the first time. Just wanted to share what I learned in case you were interested!

Good luck!

hey not to fast they have a new sistem out on the market that will work mh & hps its cheap go to ebay they go from $150.00 to $600.00 if not since its your very first grow go with flourescent

Latest posts

Back