Freaking out Smoking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've known many people to start panicing while smoking, it's just them not feeling normal and they think something is wrong which in turn causes hyperventalating and the feeling of being unable to breathe

yea i was like dat when i started. its jus her thinkin she cant breathe. jus make her feel comfortable and she will get use to it. if she is still trippen but not as bad let her smoke by her self. that helped me when i started

Unregistered said:
It sounds like she had a panic attack, feeling that you can't breathe and are about to die from lack of air are common panic attack symptoms.

All what I am going to tell you are from my own personal experience. I have panic attacks in which I take medication if needed. They just happen without toking. Weed can enhance this or bring it on. It all depends on how good the smoke is. Let me rephrase that. It all depends on how potent the smoke is. It takes paranoia one step further then you want to go. I don’t know how to explain it, but you can have potent weed without it freaking you out. In the old days we called it “Paranoia Weed.” It is best that you do not smoke if you are anxious in a bad way. Also if you know the weed your smoking will set you off you have two options. 1. Don’t smoke it or 2. Like drinking, know your limits on the weed you are smoking. I had some smoke where if I took three hits I would be in trouble. So I always took two good hits and was very satisfied with my buzz. One more thing if this is happening to anyone get them a cold wash rag, something cold to drink without caffeine. Ice water is great. And just let them kick back on the couch or where ever and watch the tube. Rock & Roll will only make it worse. They will be ok. You can also bring them down a little quicker with some food. After years of toking you learn all this stuff.

No offence to females or anything but I have never really seen a guy freak out. I have smoked with alot of girls and they thought they were going to die. I'm beginning to think it's a female thing.

it isnt just about gender, i have quite a few male friends who freak out when they smoke. It tends to happen to people who are anxious anyway, or anything like that. Women are more prone to anxiety, but guys still have it. Freaking out smoking it just a side effect sometimes. if it bothers them, then they probably shouldnt smoke.

It's not the weed that does all this, usually frist its controlled by the smoker, if you don't know your limits and you smoke more then you can handle and you start to freak out and trip, then you will go through paranoia. some people lose control of there selfs and pot takes over there brain when they smoke. I have a friend who goes through paranoia all the time he smokes but he got used to it, so now he gets scared while laughing. LOL

i have been smokin for 7 years so i've got it down n kno what i'm doing. but recently i had chalked up a bong n cleared it then got up n walked over to my friend to pass it ya kno, and this whole time i was holding in the hit, not 2 seconds later i remember leaning against the wall and then everything went white.i woke up 15 seconds later laying on the ground, laughing, and my body like jerking kinda similar to a seizure jus not so agressive. so is it possible that maybe walking around while holding my breath and being well under the influence my brain maybe didn't get enough oxygen and that caused the fall and that?

i also had another occurence.yesterday.i hit a one-hitter n thats like nothin for me but i went to cash it out in the window n then i dunno what happened but i woke up shakin n jerkin like before. n somehow i knocked things off from a table nearby. but i wasn't holding in a hit. i had already released. any answers?? much appreciated. <3

sounds like a massive head rush, probably just stood up to fast, ive done this numerous times while smokin i duuno about the shakes though

my girlfriend smoked for the first time a few years ago n she thinks it was probably laced, she got really paranoid and blacked out n now she cant even stand the smell of it.

the main thing is to remind yourself you're on drugs, and just keep things positive. everyone knows what frightens them, and as soon as you let bad thoughts get going in your head, it can be really hard to stop them. if you start freakin out, find something that you love doing and get your mind off whatever is bumming you out.

I think ur friend may just be pushing her limit. when i was a first timer i could take literally 1 bong rip and be blazed for 6 hours. it was wonderful, but if i did anymore, and i was in even the least bit sketchy place i freak out. so maybe get her to do small amounts. I have depression/anxiety. so i gotta be careful with that. my bro had a panic attack on weed and hasnt touched it since. its been 4 years now. everytime he takes 1 hit now he says his heart starts going and the shallow breathing starts. so maybe shes just not cut out for smoking?

Marijuana is well known in the medical world to cause anxiety attacks.

Easiest question ever marijuana slows down your heart rate so of course if your not used to a slow heart rate your gonna get scared :ignore:

She just has anxiety real bad is all or a panic attack.. i felt one time i was going to try and rip one of my arms off, and started freaking out.. dont know why.. didnt last long though

One time, we're all smoking and my buddy kept talking about how he felt like his arms were gonna fly off. Naturally, we all laughed and thought he was playing. He kept going on and on about it so we started to ignore him, it wasn't funny anymore.. Next thing you know, this guy starts crying! So we all turn and look, and there they go, his arms just floated right way! Got sucked right up into the sky... We never saw that guys arms again... kinda sad, but the point is... That guy should have known his limits! So we don't smoke with him anymore... People with no arms are weird!

Reactions: Six
i've seen someone have a seizure and puke after tokin but never "trip out"..thats crazy. i know that when my wife smokes (which is barely ever) she laughs uncontrollably for about a half hour and then after about an hour gets very tired.i've never had a problem with weed.i think it has to do with how sensitive your body is.if your tokin on some laced buds then i could see "tripping out" bein normal but i've never seen anybody do it after tokin.
although i have been so high that i couldnt do anything,some good green (couldnt tell ya what strain) but it gave me the tko after about half way through the blunt.

it all about personal expectations.

you get and experience what you expect.

If they start to freak out, just get them to calm down, that's all it takes. Your mental state has an effect on everything with this drug, which needs to be remembered when high sometimes ;)

Also, when someone tells me that they don't smoke because it freaks them out, I usually ask them how often they smoke. Usually, they always say infrequently, so I tell them, "You just need to smoke all the time!"

As funny as that may sound, I think it's fairly accurate. A lot of the people that freak out when high just need to learn how to be high I suppose, that's why you rarely hear of experienced users having bad trips, we know what's going on! haha

-Cheers

When I took my first wife to New York to meet my brother and his family for the first time she had an incident. I went with my brother to the grocery store for about an hour and when I came back my new bride was nowhere to be found. My sister-in-aw had given her a few bong hits and it was almost an hour before I found her outside in the backyard, naked, eating an orange.

Latest posts

Back