Frigid Woman grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imager777

Reaction score
I impregnated my Ice (from marijuana-seeds.nl) with my White Widow, from the same seedbank. Both were great parents, so I have high hopes. I can't find any official references to such a mix, so I'm calling it Frigid Woman. In any case, I'm going to document this one and give a smoke report when the grow is completed.

Three plants cracked and all were planted on 7 April 2008. I found the first female a couple days ago. It's the biggest of the three. Since I'm just testing to see how this strain grows and how nice the high is, I put them all on 12/12 from seed. Strangely, this has the widest most indica leaves of anything I've ever grown. Wider than both parents, certainly...

Hmmm, details:
400w HPS
soil
MG Bloom booster, when I feel it's neccessary.
whatever else comes up...
That's pretty much it.

The plan is to grow this until the thrichomes get to be about 70/30 - 50/50 clear/cloudy. Sorry for you amber loving people, that's just how I like mine. I may let it go a little longer, but not too much.

Photos:
#1 The female
#2 Another picture of the gurl
#3 One of the other unconfirmed Frigid Women
#4 The last Frigid Woman
#5 The first plant again, showing just how wide the leaves are.

...be back in a week or so

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

00003.jpg

00004.jpg

00005.jpg

:aok: :aok: go boldly into the future!

love the looks of those back ground BUDS!!!!:headbang2:

Nice growing, imager. Sounds like you have some experience!
I can't help but looking at those pink looking buds in the background.

That one lady is very nice to look at. :hubba: But, what are the pink looking girls in the back ground??;) Pulled up a chair, definatly want to watch this one.

Hahah, everybody's interested in my other ladies; must be the frigidity. In the back center, is Ice. Next to that, on the left, is a White Widow. Hanging in front of that is a ThaixSkunk (Thai Stick.) The Ice and White Widow are reveges. They all have at least two or three weeks left to flower. I didn't write down when I began to flower them again; so I have no idea when they were started. Just off camera, to the right, is the original father Ice plant. I just started reveging it, as well. If you look closely, you can see a couple of it's leaves poking into the frame.

Looking great. Definitely keep us posted. Sounds like an interesting mix. Buds in the back look fantastic, by the way! Take care and be safe.

ya everything looks great. keep up the good work. the new ladies look very nice indeed. keep us updated with some pics!

I'll have more pictures up on about the one week anniversary. Here's a quick update on my findings though, in the mean time.

Smell: So far I've noticed that it has a smell somewhere in bteween the two parent strains. The ice seems the have what everyone is describing as a diesel smell. The White Widow seems to have a more mellow piney smell to me. The new Frigid Woman is someshere in between, at this point. I can definitely smell it, even at this early stage. It may danken up as more buds develop. We'll see.

There's not enough development to see if it has the fast THC and crystal production of the parents. Hopefully it also maintains or improves upon the potency. I'll see if there's any frost developing on the leaves in a few days. That would be reasonably consistent with how the Ice develops. As far as potency goes, I don't have the resources to actually test it. The only way I can tell is comparing the smokes and my reaction. It still amazes me, just how fat these leaves are. The fingers actually overlap each other in places. The picture doesn't do it justice. I'll get a better angle on it next time.

Hopefully, this thing's worth stabalizing and continuing to grow.

Sounds very tasty imager. This should be an interesting grow. I love the look of those chubby leaves as well. Looking forward to some pics and their development. Best of luck!

It's been about a week since the first pistils showed up. They've been on 12/12 from seed, but I'm counting this as week one of flowering. Nothing too spectacular happened, but here are some pictures. The first three are the one plant that's actually showing sex. the next two are the other two Frigid Women. The last two, are the Thai Stick, White Widow, and Ice budding in the background. The taller one is the White Widow.

As for the Frigid Woman, it's starting to produce small buds, but nothing substantial yet. So far, it's got a thicker stalk than both parents. The flowering seems more in line with the White Widow. My Ice seemed to develop faster. There's still no real frost on the leaves; but I can see the glands developing, even on the large fan leaves.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

The largest plant is in the second week of what I'm considering flowering. It's a little over seven weeks since seeds were planted. This thing's growing like a monster. It's 16" right now and actually taller than the Ice plant I have finishing up. The nodes are a little far apart, for my liking. I like long solid colas (No reason other than looking at them makes me happy.) I don't think it's stretching because of the light either. They all seem to be growing this way. Also, the stalk is really thick for a plant that size. Long whip like pistils are starting to pop out at most of the bud sites.

I found out that the second tallest plant is a female, and the other one looks like it just showed a female calyx; so I'm hopeful.

I also noticed that these things grow wide. The tallest has almost the same girth as it does height.

PICTURES:
1 & 2. The tallest plant from a couple different angles.

3. Comparing it to the Ice

4 & 5. The other two plants, in order of height

6. Closeup of the pistils. ...wish my camera was a little better.

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

00004.jpg

00005.jpg

00007.jpg

00008.jpg

Looking good so far. Those buds are looking mighty tasty. Nice work my friend. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Thanks for all the replies. I just got back from a business trip and didn't have time to take pictures last night. I took these this morning, just after the light came on. All three seedlings turned out to be female. These things are getting huge. The tallest has to be close to three feet. Buds are starting to form on the ends of the branches. I'd think it would be fuller by now, but I'll let it play out and see what happens.

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

00003.jpg

Now the fun begins. Buds are starting to form. The largest plant is almost four feet tall now and the others aren't far behind. A couple times the plants grew too close to the light and suffered some leaf damage. All is well though. Hopefully, these buds will be nice, full, and dense. We'll see.

00001.jpg

00003.jpg

Over four feet tall now (Surprising for being 12/12 from seed,) still forming buds and packing on a little more weight.

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

00003.jpg

00005.jpg

OMG!!!!:holysheep:

I love it! I am a huge fan of big buds!:D

thanks for sharing with us! cant wait to seel the finish!

Latest posts

Back