Frigid Woman grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tallest plant is about three feet now. The others aren't far behind. Trichome development still hasn't really kicked in (and It looked so promising.) Looking under the microscope, I did notice that the trichomes are coming in cloudy. That's pretty consistent with what I've seen with the ice. They get a nice full white color later on, but they're not really clear from the start.

The plants are looking nice. However, I'm thinking of trying again and choosing a father plant that grows a little shorter. Maybe I can curb some of this height. Luckily, I've got plenty of vertical space to work with. The problem is that the other plants I have are so much smaller than these that they aren't getting as much light. I have no intention of adding lights at this point. It's just a thought right now and I really want to see what the finished product is like before making a final decision. As it stands, these are comparatively some of the largest plants I've grown, aside from the Thai/skunk.

The buds are coming in nicely. They're dense for being so young. That makes me happy.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, so pictures...

00001.jpg

00007.jpg

00002.jpg

00003.jpg

00004.jpg

Trichome will start soon, I have been watching my girls frostiness form for the last 3 weeks, I am about a week from harvest.

paitence is a vurtue!:angrywife: it's that last week that will killya!

No big news this time, just photos. I figured they'd be further along at this point. I was hoping to clip off a sample for the 4th. Eh, guess I'll just have to wait. It's looking more like another month from here. Eleven or twelve weeks... damn

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

00003.jpg

00004.jpg

Quick update; some real frost finally starting to show on the leaves of the second largest plant. I would have thought the largest one would have been first. Calyxs are forming nice, tight, dense nuggets. That's how I like it. I took another look under the microscope. The trichomes are indeed coming in on the milkier side... seems to be consistent with alot of the indica heavy plants I've grown. The leaves on the top have thinned out considerably (To be expected.) They're nice, with five or more fingers near the top.

Oh, and I pollenated the smallest of the plants, just in case I really like how these turn out and want to grow them again. The seeds should be more than ready, by the time I'm ready to harvest that one.

Took these with the light on. The first one is a group shot, with the mother plant reveging in the center. In the third picture, you can see the burnt leaves on the top of one of the plants, where it grew into the light.

The top leaves are significantly thinner than when they first started. I'd also think they'd be much fuller, this far along. That being said, the buds that are forming are nice and dense. They remind me of Clusters cereal, for some reason. I can hardly wait for one to mature enough for me to take a sample.

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

00003.jpg

00004.jpg

In the interest of science, I decided it was a good idea to sample buds from each stage of thrichome development. So, I took a sample bud from the second largest plant. Most of the thrichomes are clear right now. In the interest of fairness, I decided to give the smoke report while actually sampling :) *bing*

Here's how it smokes (Based on one large bowl pack and a small bong):
dry/cure: it was just sitting on the light all day; just barely dry enough to smoke.
smoke: smoooooooth, not harsh at all
taste: earthy, chalky, with a hint of mint
potency: strong -- It gets the job done. The high comes on fast. It's actually just barely a high. As highs go, it's more toward the stoney side.
munchygivability: 77% Yup, I'm snacking right now! I've had much more intense muchies before, though.

I'm definitely pleased with the results and can't wait until the buds fully ripen.

I'm going to have to do something that I originally didn't want to do. I'm going to have to harvest one of the plants early. One of my friends, that basically got me into growing in the first place, may be moving soon. We've been planning to smoke some of my hybrid experiment from the beginning. There are some other people I want to share with as well. It looks like I'm going to have to chop early to make that all happen. Luckily I prefer a mix of clear/cloudy; usually mostly clear, and that's what I have here. As you may be able to tell, the buds are more than potent enough for my needs; so no worries there. However, I did want the plant to develop a little more before harvesting. Life happens though. In any case, I'm going to take the top of the second largest girl. The largest one I will let go to full cloudy and maybe a little amber. The last one is seeded. I'm going to let the seeds mature and then decide what I want to do with her.

The photos:
I took body and head shots of all the girls. The white yarn is for branches that are seeded. I can't wait for the calyxes on the largest one to start fattening up. I'll let it go past cloudy/amber if neccessary, just so I can see what the fattened cola looks like.

These things are growing like sativas, so it looks like at least a few more weeks before they're done. I'm surprised that they went to week ten. My ice plants usually finish up well before this, and the white widow usually goes to about week nine or ten. I'm not too astonished, but it's interesting how combining the two strains ended up producing such drastically different results. The high and smoke is different from either of the two as well. It leans more toward the ice but actually seems stronger than both to me. I'm sure that's subjective though.

Unless something earth shattering happens, I'll catch you guys next week around the same time, on the same bat channel.

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

00003.jpg

00004.jpg

00005.jpg

00006.jpg

Photos:
First the shattered remains of the girl I had to harvest...
Then the girl I seeded...
The rest of the photos are of the largest plant. I don't know why the last one looks so pink. That's just the way the photo came out.

I know I said this before, but I'm guessing at least a few more weeks for these to finish up; maybe even a little longer for the largest plant.

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

00003.jpg

00005.jpg

00007.jpg

Thanks, now if they'd just hurry and finish up. I really figured they'd be done by now.

The first photo is of the plant I had to harvest early. It's still alive and kickin'.

The next two photos are of the plant that was seeded. The buds are really dense and starting to smell. The buds on this one are the most developed. The calyxs are starting to swell a little. I'm still going to let is go longer.

The rest of the pictures are of the largest plant. It's filling out now and even starting to smell a bit. It's still needs more time though.

harvested.jpg

pregos_body.jpg

pregos_top.jpg

biggirl.jpg

biggirl2.jpg

biggirl_top_1.jpg

biggirl_top_2.jpg

Looking good budie.

So here's the deal. A few brances on the larger plant developed seeds. The seeds are ready and the trichomes are clowding. So I decided to harvest just those branches. I figured it would allow more light for the rest of the plant to develop, and should set the finishing time back too much, if at all. I'm not worried about a hermaphordite too much at this point, since it's too far along for male flowers to develop well. Plus people sample buds all the time around this stage of flowering, with no ill effects. I'm sure there are pros out there that are writhing in there computer chairs right now though. I feel your pain. I'll think of you while me and my friends are sampling. :D

Oh, only about nine or ten grams wet. I took some off for the stem. I won't bother with the dry weight for these. I'd guess about two or three grams dry; maybe a little more.

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

Me and a couple friends got together over a game of magic the gathering and I got some reports from them and myself.

trichomes: clowding, but not clowdy yet. I'd say 30% clowdy if I had to put a number on it.
dryness: Just dry enough to smoke; no cure

We all agree that the high doesn't last long enough. Other than that, here's the feedback (Keep in mind, it's not cured.)

Friend #1: High is mello and laid back, but still chatty at the same time. The taste is earthy and mild. It's good for relaxing and listening to music. He gave it a 6 out of 10 for potency. His high came on after around 20 min. or so.

Friend #2: Agrees, a chill relax high... his came on after about 15 min. Thought it could have been stronger, but still definately above average. That's compared to the mid grade stuff around the area.

Me: I pretty much agree with the above. It's wasn't mind blowing. However, at this stage, I still have high hopes for the fully mature plant. One bowl will do the trick; just not one hit. I'd say it's a 2 - 3 hitter. The previous reviews were based on one to three bowls from a small glass sherlock. Me and friend #1 had a couple bowls when he gave the review, and me and friend #2 just had 1. You surely know what I'm doing right now if I'm giving a report... watching the olympics, of course! Anyhoo, that's what you get when the plant is in it's early stages of finishing; about 30% cloudy or so.

By the way, the earthy taste is it's flavor. It'll change with a cure, I'm sure. However, it's still in addition to that "uncured/under dried flavor". I wasn't sure at first, but I let some of it dry and cure from the original harvest. That's pretty much what it taste like. I'll pay more attention next round and see if I can get a really accurate discription on what I'm tasting.

To sum up... just imagine mello, earthy, relaxed, but still completely alert and ready for action if neccessary. That's this weed in a nutshell.

Looking good but don't tell anyone about your grow buddy.. be safe..

KGB30 said:
Looking good but don't tell anyone about your grow buddy.. be safe..

Thanks; these are the guys that actually got me started with growing. There's no way they couldn't know. But yeah...

Latest posts

Back