Goldilocks Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tcbud said:
Yo Aye Painterdude, the server is a male I think. Busy when he wants to be and not when he wants to be. Busy even when he is doing nothing. No reflection on you of course.
I also thot of something new to protect your plants. They make some stuff for keeping deer/rabbits out of gardens. It is predator scent, like fox and cougar. That might be the trick for you. I think Ace Hardware advertised some of that stuff a few weeks back.
Yep Mother Nature is a Mother. I am just glad the Afgoo are the only girls flowering. I know they will be revedging, it is my fate to have revedging nightmares. At least they will be bigger than last years and the year before. Ah well. Last year I had one plant go hermi on me and thankfully caught it before the nanners opened. They showed at the leaf node bout halfway up the plant, and it scared the heck out of me, the plant was on it's way to being a monster. Another Oh well. How the heck nanners could be found deep in buds I dont know......I do know I like your new avatar tho. I am glad you seem to be feeling better. You sho have a beautiful deck, if I was a deer, I would walk right up that ramp and....

hi budski, yes, the server is definitely some dude with a sick sense of humor.....we use to have an Ace Hardware but now they are Best Hardware....go figure, but I will check it out......thanks for the comment about the avatar, had some problems with it because I had colored in 'i really hate hermies' and when I posted it you could hardly read the words......so I had to erase all the colors and re-post and now it seems to be OK but haven't heard anything from the desert lady, hope she is over her bout with pneumonia.....I love reading anything about Humbolt County, hmmmmmmmmm goodddddddd.......thanks again budski, love, painterdude

1. East end of Garden, shows the Grandaddy Purple well.
2. Largest NorthernLights
3. Attempt at LST, Flo
4. Afgoo still flowers
5. Afgoo putting on Trichs, so much for revedging.

6 28 1.JPG

6 28 4 northernlights.JPG

6 28 LST.JPG

6 28 2 afgoo still flowers.JPG

6 28 3 afgoo puts on trichs.JPG

1. Half Garden w/ the Afgoo in foreground
2. Northern Lights
3. LST Flo
4. Pot of Gold:cool:
5. Grandaddy Purple
6. Afgoo in flower still

After being gone for four days, we returned to the plants looking a bit wilted. We upped the water schedual to five minutes every twelve hours. I watered really heavy, as the drain holes on some of the pots seemed dry. We also fed the girls their weekly dose of fish emulsion and Grow Big. They are looking right perky this morning as shown above. I beleive the LST was taken after the morning's "tiedown".:D

7 6 09.JPG

7 6 NL.JPG

7 6 LST Flo.JPG

7 6 POG.JPG

7 6 GDP.JPG

7 6 Afgoo flower.JPG

Thanks BB, and Thanks for stoppin' by.

wow!!!
goood lookin ladies there TC any them single?:hubba: :D

Zip, if you paired them all up, I think there would be a Pot of Gold that is single.

thanks for stopin' in and taking a look.

I will add here, that when comming back from the coast, I saw a huge plume of smoke. Then comming back from the valley today......dayum if I dont see that smokey sky I hated last summer. This new fire is sposed to be like 100 miles from here, the wind shifted. Just wanted to add that, for info for next year.

Fires!!!!!!:eek: :eek:
LIKE IS IT POSSIBLE THEY COULD SPREAD IN YOUR DIRECTION YOU SAYIN?

These fires are not near me, just the smoke (pic below shows the plume we saw comming home the other day, bout 50 miles from home, yesterday the wind shifted while I was in the valley and blew the smoke my way) These two fires have combined. It is in a very remote location, no roads as humans know them. I beleive this area burned back in the late nineties. So it is burning already down trees and standing snags. Prolly lots of brush has been growing for the last ten years. This area is not near me. With each afternoon the thunderheads have been forming and the threat of lightning increases. If there is no rain with the lightning, we get fires. Last year, we had a huge amount of them set all at once due to lightning. The Cal Fire people were already at other fires. Our county being at the bottom of the list when it comes to human population, we always take a back seat. It took ten days in June, all of July (my main vedge time) and August to get them in some sort of control. I think September they were under controll, but by no means out. The skys were smokey all summer. Air was very hard to breath, my girls suffered I beleive also (tho I had little to compare, but they were smaller than ones grown on Miracle Grow in the past). I am not possitive but I beleive over 250,000 acres burned in that set of lightning started fires, I am thinking more like 330,000 acres is the number I remember. One was within ten miles of me, but put out quickly because of the hiway being right there.
So, no, this fire is not near me, and I do have defensable space around the home. Getting a metal roof later this summer and that will lower the price of fire insurance. Hopefully over the next ten years the savings I will realize from heating/cooling and insurance premium's lowered, it will be worth it.
Thanks for your concern Zipflip. Oh, and I counted yesterday, I have an even number of plants, no singles.:D

a fire.JPG

wow thats sure some beautiful country there in the pic.
i am so in the wrong place.
it kinda remind me of going thru the mountains from colorado into utah. i went thru the flaming gorge one year a few times an wow . i fell in love. i stayed in utah for a while again an i shoulda just stayed doewn there.
but dummy me i came back here. lol

no singles.
ahh, shucks

its a shame bout the fires tho . i mean to see such beautiful scenery go up in smoke.
i just kow i'd never be bored if i was there. i can just sit an do nothin an be content if the scenery is right.
thanks for sharin the pic tc. feel free to put up more scenic photos. i enjoy pix of such as i dont get out much anymore.:-(
have a good one TC

Lookin mighty nice tc..Nice and green. Hopefully that smoke wont cause a problem..

Seems the wind has died down, and it is cooler today. Good firefighting time, less wind and cooler days.

Zip, I post a bunch of photos in the
"Your photograpy" thread, in case you want to see more. Thanks for stopin' by all.

metal roof? won't it sound like a thousand bongos when it rains? wondering what on earth the roof is made of at the moment - mine is concrete covered in roof tile. Is it a log cabin maybe? hell of a nice location, I would have guerilla grows all over if I lived there! Garden looks great.

Leafminer, the "roof guy" says it is quieter than the composition roof I have now. I can barely here it as it is, unless we get a real downpoor. It is a two story house, mostly we live on the second story. Im lucky, I am growing legal, and anyway, gorillas are out there everywhere.....

Zip, I post a bunch of photos in the
"Your photograpy" thread, in case you want to see more
sweet! i'll have to keep eye open for em all. i use to keep up wit the thread a while back but lost it in my subscriptions list and kept missin it all the time but i am now subscribed again.
thanks .

1. Pot of Gold, have moved them abit so they have more room.
2. LST Flo
3. NorthernLights, these seem to be growing fastest now.
4. LST Flo, her stem looks so twisted.
5. Both Blueberry, got rid of one of the LST in that pot.
6. Afgoo, seems I am seeing some whorling of new leaves and the calix's seem to be stretching on the stem, getting farther apart, a sure sign of revedging.
7-8 Hoppers that will be eating no more pistles. They seem to really like the pistles, they give them a hair cut, munch off the tops of the buds. I wonder if they are getting high.:D I killed four this morning, I will not be cleaning them and eating them.

7 10 POG 1.JPG

7 10 LST Flo.JPG

7 10 NL.JPG

7 10 LST Flo stem.JPG

7 10 BB LST BB.JPG

7 10 Afgoo.JPG

7 10 hopper 1.JPG

7 10 hopper 2.JPG

Latest posts

Back