Goldilocks Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy TC! They are looking very nice. I checked out those pots. Kind of feel like felt to me. I couldn't afford them that day, as I needed 5 and they were 15 bucks a piece. So, I went with plastic. I decided I am going to go back and buy one just to try it. How big are yours?

Hello Benny,
Husband says they are 45 gallons. Cost was $15 I think. They make them bigger, and if I can work it out (and like them as much as I think I will), my garden will be full of them next year. More roots = more bud (I will absolutely have to have a frost/rain plan, cause these things arent gonna load well onto the hand truck). I am not pleased with the soil in the four new ones, I am pleased with the drainage tho. I am looking at the new clones that should be perking up a bit more. Tho this wet weather may be to blame. Rain day before yesterday, rain yesterday, rain forecast for today, rain forcast for the next four days! I realize they are talking thundershowers, and if we get lucky they may miss us, but ...... prolly not.:eek:
I took this shot just before I drove down into the fog yesterday. Looks just like that at my place this morning. Fog, hope the sun comes out for awhile.:cool: If it does, I am gonna be taking portraits of the girls and posting a few.

road 1.JPG

Very Very Very nice:D A nice variety to choose from :D I had markers in my grow bags to tell which was which,but most were washed away in the rain :( I know only know for sure about the sativa,and I will know once more toward the end of the season when the purple strain shows it's stuff.Two others will be a guessing game :p Great Job TC Stay Cool

Thanks FlyingNatural, and everyone who has looked into the garden.

Update in ten days or so.....
heading back up into the Serria's, up where the air is thin and High is not just from getting High, but being Physically High! Pictured below is some of the great country near where we are.
Though it is beautiful, My lungs sho liked comming down to a reasonable elevation.

Good Growin' Everyone!

just below the pass.JPG

Hey TC-
Enjoy the trip! Nice garden going this year.
Doesn't look like the fishing will be too good up there.
Hope you have (or had) fun.

hel;lo tc ,,hows the trip going ?

stunning surroundings ,and lovely looking ladies as usual :D

:48: :48:

The Girls are doing well, with the exception of one of the newest additions. (Corner right front, does not drain like it should, this is the soil bought at a rock and soil place:eek:)

I have started LST on three. I have to figure something out to hold them down, besides the pipe cleaners. We gave seven of the blueberry and flo clones away yesterday. It is a start to weening them out.

Thanks for comming by all, and looking in.
BB, check the photo thread, caught a little brook trout up in the Serrias, just goes to show, the husband can and does catch fish most places we go.

6 20 garden.JPG

6 20 garden 2.JPG

6 20 garden 3.JPG

1. Afgoo looking like she is flowering.
2. Afgoo also flowering (dif. plant)
3. Afgoo has grasshopper, didnt punish her, killed hopper.

Okay, I get home and what do I see? The Afgoo in flower, not just one, but all of them. It is only June 23 and these girls look like they are thinking it is the first week in August. I assume that the bad weather last week and the week before are the cause, the dark days from such thick cloud cover. I also note that they are throwing three point leaves, so maybe they have changed their collective minds and are gonna revedge. I am not happy about this turn of events. With my past experience here at this longitude and latitude, they will revedge, taking serious growth time away, they will be small, giving me a couple ounces each. I am not happy.

I fell asleep last night thinking of what I could do, besides moving them in and throwing 24 hour light on them, I guess NOTHING. Moving them inside would mean me staying home to water them and that is not gonna happen.
(next post is happier)

faithless 1.JPG

faithless 2.JPG

faithless w hopper.JPG

1. Pot of Gold
2. Pot of Gold doing the correct thing, not flowering yet.
3. Grandaddy Purple (And I thot this might be the same as the Afgoo plant, I was mistaken. This girl is a good girl and not flowering.)
4. Grandadddy Purple.

These girls are doing a good job vedging away and splitting cells and growing bigger. I fed them last weekend, and I see no nute burn.:D

The Blueberry and Flo clones are doing well. They are already taller than the Northernlights, tho leggier. My attempt at LST is going well, those seem to be growing fastest. I am gonna try to get some vermiculite today and work it into the soil around the Northernlights. The husband is threatening to kill the one that does not drain well. IT IS NOT the plants fault, it is the poor draining soil I say.

faithful POG.JPG

faithful POG 2.JPG

faithful GDP.JPG

faithful GDP 2.JPG

Hey tc..havent been by in a while..Garden looking great as expected..I too believe Mine started flower early too and like reveged the last week or so..and is back to vegging..we had great weather and then cloud cover as well..IDK..Im interested in the how your GrandaddyPurp..does..I have seen some Nice colas from that strain..it was a purple on my list..and you have a way of bringing out the purple..Last summers purple was killer..even if ya didnt care for it:giggle: you can always send it over here..lol..not that i need any..well let me leave you some GREEN MOJO b4 i scoot:ciao: take care and be safe Girl:bolt::bong:

Hello 4U, the Purps were just too two to spacy/up high. I found myself wanting to do things like rearrange the living room, get half way thru and wonder what the heck I was doing. I want something that will kick me back a bit more. The Grandaddy was perfect for that, she was the last one chopped and the first one gone up in smoke. I would highly recommend that strain to anyone. Now the purps and Amethyst + NorthernLights was just not my cuppa tea. And I love tea. I got these two Grandaddy from the same "guy" I got them from last year, hope it is the same, if it is, I will be one happy camper. Thanks for stoppin' in and raising my spirits bout my faithless Afgoo, may they revedge quickly.

A bud pic of the Grandaddy Purple from last season. I called it Sugar then. Alas it was the first to go up in smoke.:D
Spoiled the heck out of me.

4 4U  gdp.JPG

hi budski......how could they go into flower so soon??????????? nature is a mystery and keeps playing with our minds....had a deer come near the deck but not on the deck.....so, right now the plants are alive and are not in crazy cages.....drew a new avitar after I read mojavemoma's comments about all her plants going goofy on her.....she doesn't deserve this kind of sheeeeeet....she is a real sweet lady.....your plants look fine.....thanks for the pics.....painterdude

......am getting 'server is TOO FRIGGIN BUSY' and there are only 54 people on line.....what's goin on?

tcbud said:
The Mama clones are here.....
found them over in Humbolt County.... the info below comes from the grower.
paid $15 each....

2 Pot of Gold, Hybrid of:
Skunk #1 x Hindu Kush
Indica Dominant
Skunk #1 considered a Root Hybrid and Kush from Hindu Kush Mountains in the Kashmir region of Pakistan and India.

Oaksterdam Nursery has a strain that is Hindu Kush x Skunk #1. its called hindu skunk, sativa dominant hybrid. distributed thru Coffeeshop BLue Sky (SR71). same stuff??

EDIT nevermind, from those 2 pics it doesnt look like their the same. i have hindu skunk day 22 flowering in my journal. maybe its just a different pheno from the original cross. Oaksterdam Nursery says they obtained the strain as a cutting...

Hello Greenfriend, I copied those words directly from the brochure that the Humbolt Resource Patient Center give out with their strain list and price list (skunk1 x kush, they day indica dom, the finished product reflects that IMO). If you read this, I hope you take my advise and put your journal link in your signiture, that way we/I can find your journal and read it. I thank you for posting in mine, I like comments. The Pot of Gold I am growing now, comes from a different cloner, more local to me. I am hoping it is near as good as the one's I got at the Resource Center. I am smoking that now and love it. The current Pot of Gold in post 111 first and second pictures is my great hope for the stoneiness of next winter. Again, thanks for taking the time to post and edit.

Yo Aye Painterdude, the server is a male I think. Busy when he wants to be and not when he wants to be. Busy even when he is doing nothing. No reflection on you of course.
I also thot of something new to protect your plants. They make some stuff for keeping deer/rabbits out of gardens. It is predator scent, like fox and cougar. That might be the trick for you. I think Ace Hardware advertised some of that stuff a few weeks back.
Yep Mother Nature is a Mother. I am just glad the Afgoo are the only girls flowering. I know they will be revedging, it is my fate to have revedging nightmares. At least they will be bigger than last years and the year before. Ah well. Last year I had one plant go hermi on me and thankfully caught it before the nanners opened. They showed at the leaf node bout halfway up the plant, and it scared the heck out of me, the plant was on it's way to being a monster. Another Oh well. How the heck nanners could be found deep in buds I dont know......I do know I like your new avatar tho. I am glad you seem to be feeling better. You sho have a beautiful deck, if I was a deer, I would walk right up that ramp and.....lol.

hey TC, it tried to put the link in the sig, dunno if it worked (this jack the ripper has made me detarded lol). btw Coffeeshop Blue Sky had Pot o Gold meds in stock last year bout 5 times, some damn good smoke thats for sure, never had clones of it tho. not sure if the vendor is still bringing it in cus I havent bought any club weed in a while

Greenfriend, I go to Humbolt County in the winter and cant keep myself away from the Resource Center. I get me a little bag, for bout 35+/-. I mean dang, it is so so good, all their selection. They are kinda cool about it too, sometimes you pay a bit more, sometimes a bit less, and that way (I think I understand) they are able to give some away to low income in need folks.
And...yes the signiture now has a link, thanks, gonna go look at what you got going on.

Latest posts

Back