Goldilocks Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TC.....don't get him too stoned before he can figure out what's wrong with your system.....personally I always liked using a hose with a good nozzle so as to not blast my expensive dirt out of the pots

I used to Water Witch near Nevada City and surrounding areas.....big oaks always showed you where DEEP water veins were and the MADRONES would show you more shallow water.....do your neighbors have wells?....or spring systems like yours?

Oh, plumbers around here get $100 an hour AND charge you when they leave their dumpy offices..............pee-dude

Bummer on the pump. This repair should not take long if it is just the pump. Just remove one and replace with a new one. Now the cost well that all depends on what you want. But hopefully he will have a spare pump on the truck

Okay....I have water, for now. Seems it will be the "thing" on the side of the building. He jury rigged it so I have water for now. He kept mumbling bout so and so who put this in...I guess he has run across this guys work before (from the 70's, lol, but dang it sure lasted huh?). He walked all over the place looking for a "well cap", no luck (I kept telling him the realitor said the corner of the house, as where he was looking was no way on the property or no way was a road there when the house was built). So he dug a hole there next to the house, and is following the line out.....then decides it is not the pump it's self, but the box thing. As the amps for the small pump are correct, he is also saying he does not think it is that deep. He was thinking it was a broken pipe, before I ran some water in the house, the pump filled the tank, and the reostat thing worked, so......the wall.....replacement of this six by six by two item will be $200 for the unit, $60 for the initial house call, and.......what ever it takes timewise to replace it. But I have water this very instant, not using it, but it is in the pipes. I am sposed to listen everytime I use the water, and If I Hear That Noise Again, I turn it off at the breaker. Yip Yip Yippeee...
Nice to see you Painter, I got a cousin that "water witched" the well on the property next to me. There is an Oak right above where I thot my well would be...., thanks for stopin in guys. Whew.... It is nice to be able to talk to someone when things like this arise and when things go good too...even if I am sitting here alone, in the midst of nowhere, I know You All are out there.....

well good to hear ya water runnin now. i'd hate to be round you not showerin after few days LOL jk.

whenever i call any sort repair person wether electric, plumbing etc.. they all always complain bout the prior work done to the house. lol my house is an old one and has stood up all its guts an all for quite some time now too.

Good to hear tc...glad you hve water once again...it's easy to take such a basic thing for granted...

i couldn't survive without a shower.... i have dreads, so showers are a must so that i don't start smelling like the stereotypical dirty hippy.

hopefully this guy isn't just being a d-bag and wandering around trying different shizz just to get payed more... there are definitely people in the world who would do that in this world.

sp, we had the same problem. I really doubt it's a scam. Those old boxes weren't electronic. The points in relays go bad and they are, well... OLD. The new stuff is electronic and works great.

:):):):):):):):) WAY TO GO TC....I bet you feel like flushing the toilet right now.....just for the hell of it.....why not.....enjoy the sound of wasted water on it's way to your septic system.....congratulations on what sounds like a 'NOT TOO STRESSFUL EPISODE WITH THE PLUMBER DUDE'

I talked to this landowner once who had FIVE dry wells dug and had to pay the driller for each one......and......when they finally hit water he was dumb enough to let this guy do all the plumbing.....and he had to replace the pump right after the warranty expired.....and bought the new pump from the same guy......some people never learn

Am happy for you TC.....and so are your baby girls.....and the biker dude....take care TC, pee-dude

Well, deep subject, it is still MIA. The water, that I was so nicely conserving, went out again. I now beleive the pump in the well will need replaced. BECAUSE the lady I spoke to, said sounds like he bypassed the safety cut off, and the pump will burn out with out it. Shoot, and cuss words all over the place. (I called to tell the plumber at the "shop" the guy broke the hose "bib?" while digging and to bring one when he comes, I am hoping this is the reason for no water now, due to a presure probem...now I am making up things in my mind.....wait wait for plumber.).......the plumber is one his way....just called, but anyhow...no use speculating if I was screwed without a kiss.....we will see if the whole enchalada gets fixed or not with the replacement part. I asked him if they came any cheaper....lol...he sounded indignant and said if you want the husband to, he can try to replace it (I will not be using this plumber agian, it is kinda early and he is helping me out, ah well, "you always get screwed in the drive thru" is a true saying, he has me over a barrel), my brother told me I should have called the other plumber.....dang, I didnt know there was another plumber in town.

Thanks for the kind thots guys....
Painter, after I found I had water, I was still conserving, as I didnt know how long the quick fix would last. I flushed three times before it went out again...lol and filled a gallon jug for later (this morning I am sure glad I did). I had the husband put in tall toilets and they both flush the minimum amount. I conserve when I can....but then I am an American. Water is not wasted here, much.

Benny, you mean it will be digital? is that electronic? cause this item looks like relays...yep. Screws with wires.

Still waiting for the guy to come and install unit....will post, hopefully joyous/wet news soon. My girls didnt get watered yesterday, and I got to buy some five gallon containers if it is gonna be another day.

Maybe we should treat this PLUMBER like we treat MALES.....kill 'em....what a nightmare and apparently the Plumber Gods were working elsewhere....

My motto has always been, 'Spend your hard earned dollars ONLY with people that you are ATTRACTED tooooooooooooo.....and.....you LIKE.....and TRUST'

I feel for you right now babe.....maybe the 'hubby' can straighten this idiot out.....pee-dude

Painter...if I could spend money with people I was attracted/liked/trusted, my husband would still have all the money. Sometimes a person just has to go on faith. Bites you in the butt more times than not tho.

I have water now, not as much presure as I have been used to, but it seems to be getting better this afternoon (the presure). I did imediatly water the girls as soon as he said I have water (just in case I loose it again). This was a bona fide electriction that did the work, sub contracted by the plumber. I guess instead of the plumber, I should have called an electriction. I have water, but I bet I will have a heart attack when I get the bill. I am a happy camper with the water, the cooler blowing gently behind me....life is good at the ranch once agian. 105f on the deck right now, a cool 75 in here.

Been looking into trimming small growth off the trunk and branches of one plant. It is called "Chicken Legging". I think the GDP#2 will be the test subject. It is a bit smaller than GDP#1, but not by much. This way I will have a controll subject of the same strain. I will get on that in the morning when I look for public enemy #1, Grasshopper, and taking dead leaves off the plants.

Shhh,.....dont tell the husband, I kipped a very small buddly off the Afgoo....got it drying for now. I am so bad. Today marks 8 weeks in flower for them. The plan is to get the biggest couch lock affect we can out of these 4plants.

tcbud said:
I did imediatly water the girls as soon as he said I have water (just in case I loose it again).

Well, we can see where your priorities lie.:p

Sorry you've been having trouble TC- hope it's resolved soon.

It's amazing how something we so often take for granted becomes so precious when it's taken away.

Shhh,.....dont tell the husband, I kipped a very small buddly off the Afgoo....got it drying for now. I am so bad. Today marks 8 weeks in flower for them. The plan is to get the biggest couch lock affect we can out of these 4plants.

You're so bad!

Boy, do you need that afgoo bud now. What a stressful ordeal. Hope it fizzles down to a happy ending for you.

The last time we had to replace our well pump was awful. We started losing weight and feeling not right. Then the pump blew out. Seems we had an awful high population of mice that year. The little buggers were climbing down the pump sisal rope for water and sisal to make a nest with. When they pulled the stinking pump out of the well the rope had broke and fallen into the well, wrapped around the pump and blew it up. Entwined in the rope were lots of dead mice. YICK YUCK YUCK That was 18 years ago and my husband hasn't drank well water since.

:watchplant: :bong: :aok: :cool: :batman: is not here.

Hello 4u...and Colorado....:ciao:

Me/plants got water now...nice cold mountain spring water.:D

Taste test on the Affgoo, taken from bottom of the plant on the South side.
It needs to go longer......couple weeks at least, Weds. last was its 8 week mark. Not many pistles have gone brown yet. The effect of the two hits I had was very nice, I think this is gonna be a long lasting high, as the immature budley kept me buzzed for a couple hours. The taste was hash like.
Update in the Pic Department later.

The taste was hash like
my single strain girl i have that i chopped last has the same hash like taste too. and I LOVE HER. i think i love her more than i did my ex wife teh day i married her LOL.

cant wait to see pix.

zipflip said:
my single strain girl i have that i chopped last has the same hash like taste too. and I LOVE HER. i think i love her more than i did my ex wife teh day i married her LOL.

cant wait to see pix.

LOL....I love all my girls more than the ex husband the day I married him Zip....heres some pics for you all....:D , thank goodness cant say the same bout current husband, he is like a comfortable pair of shoes...never gonna throw him away...:cool:

Funny thing, bout five this evening, the power went out... :rofl: tcbud shakes her head.....life is so fun. Seems there is a fire somewhere in the county....or they are putting in a new relay station, and forgot to let us know bout a schedualed power outage....got all the candles out, the lantern *amazed it was charged*, planned on going to bed early and the lights come on bout the time the flash had to work in the garden.

I know..you aint even reading this, your ooogliing my girls. *tcbud twiddles thumbs while photos upload* We gonna go in a odd fashion, starting with....

1-2 Afgoo eight weeks, 2 shows more pistles going brown.
3. BlueBerry LST, a small lil plant, she shares a container with another tall BB.
4. Flo, LST, she took a bad hit with lost leaves due to water shortage last week.
5. Flo (showcase bud, will be seeing this one bud till we harvest, it is just at a perfect level on her to photograph.
6. Flo, taken with flash, the tallest Flo, cool pic.
7. NorthernLights
8. NorthernLights budleys, almost 2 weeks approx.
9. Edit, this is the Pot of Gold Plant, 4 weeks approximate

Overall, besides the dead leaves from the lack of water, the plants seem to be progressing well into their first month of flowering. I am gonna be suprised as heck if the BB and Flo are going to have time to finish.

8 21 Afgoo 8wks.JPG

8 21 Afgoo 8wks 2.JPG

8 21 BB LST.JPG

8 21 FLO LST.JPG

8 21 FLO showcase.JPG

8 21 Flow.JPG

8 21 NL.JPG

8 21 NL buds 3 wks.JPG

8 21 POG sweet.JPG

hiya tc
those are some very pretty plants,, i just love the 1st two:)

Sorry to hear about the water issues TC thats rough I know...on another note that afgoo looks awesome..I mean.. it all looks awesome but the afgoo looks wierd in a cool way:) Im baked:p Good growin' TC.

Latest posts

Back