Green house seeds clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
Man these took forever to root, when they did the clones have not done well. There is one that I took from bottom of plant, it was a tiny little thing it rooted well in 14 days, the rest were from tops.

Yeah the tops don't root as well as the bottoms of the plant. Its all about the hormones that are present in the local tissue of the plant. The growing shoots at the top of the plant have the most "veg growth" hormone called Auxin which has to be overcome by the rooting hormone (which I can't remember the name of it). The lower shoots that are under the canopy where there is less light have a far lower auxin level so the rooting hormone kicks in a lot easier and causes the rooting to take over before the cutting rots and dies.

Is this plant Larry OG? That is one of the hardest plants that I have tried to clone. I nearly chopped a plant to pieces trying to get cuttings rooted. My average success rate was easily 98%, but then I started trying to clone the Larry and my success percentage went in the toilet. :doh:

Latest posts

Back