green light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashplant420

Reaction score
ok i was told that if i was to put a green bulb in my grow room.
that i would be able to turn it on when my lights go off to check on my grow in the dark period.
does anyone know anything on this or actualy doin it:confused:

ive heard of this as well.simply because the plants do not use green light hence the there green color.but this is what i have read somewhere.im pretty sure they said you can use the light.but im not gonna say go hook up a light.

yeah i heard that they bounce the green ligh back or something like that

I've heard of this aswell, although I know absolutely nothing on the subject, I use a candle.

"A green light can be used to work on the garden during the dark period with no negative reactions from the plants. These are sold as nursery safety lights, but any green bulb should be OK. It is best to keep the dark hours a time when you would normally not wish to visit the garden. Personally, I like my garden lit from 7pm to 7am, since it allows me to visit the garden at night after work and in the morning before work, and all day long, while I�m too busy to worry about it, it lies unlit and undisturbed, flowering away..."

(Copied from Free Growing guide in the Resources section)-Funnny thing, I have been googling for the green light-now I try "Nursery safety light"-lol

Gb

..just do your gardening in the lights on period.. "problem solved"..;)
I'm telling you, some strains/phenos are more sensative to light than others. Unless it is down right emergency, I advise not interupting the dark cycle with ANY light..

GeezerBudd said:
"A green light can be used to work on the garden during the dark period with no negative reactions from the plants. These are sold as nursery safety lights, but any green bulb should be OK. It is best to keep the dark hours a time when you would normally not wish to visit the garden. Personally, I like my garden lit from 7pm to 7am, since it allows me to visit the garden at night after work and in the morning before work, and all day long, while I�m too busy to worry about it, it lies unlit and undisturbed, flowering away..."

(Copied from Free Growing guide in the Resources section)-Funnny thing, I have been googling for the green light-now I try "Nursery safety light"-lol

Gb

Right on Bro. 7:00 Am to 7:00 PM,,play with yer babies,,aint nothen changed you need to see after 7 that night and before 7 the next morning,,that wont wait for 7:01 AM.:hubba: Would ya take a chance in waking yer wife up in the middle of the night to see if she looked a little different after she farted.:D Just kidden,,I know our Ole Ladies dont pass gas. They are to cute and cuddly.

Another words,, leave yer Girls tha hell alone at night. You might makem mad at ya.:D And they wont giva ya any :ignore:

I was looking at green led's.
Only for emergency though.
Gb

Ive been using the Green eye ( An ear piece like a bluetooth that shines two green led bulbs forward letting you use both your hands) for years now and there are no negative effects. The amount of FRL Far Red light that reaches the inside of your room when simply opening the door is not enough to trigger an effect from the plants hormones. It is a good idea to let your plants have there uninterrupted rest, but it is also nice to know that everything is running correctly; so you can get your sleep too.

Its good to have on hand, and necessary for emergencies in the dark:holysheep:

Latest posts

Back