"Grow #2: Bubba Kush, GDP, Romulan, Super Grape Ape & Purple Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right on doc - i've actually been given that advise by local stoners and such... nice to hear it backed up by a more trustworthy opinion. someone once told me to let the popcorn buds grow, then harvest them way early, and let the rest of the plant go on.
that way you can add the popcorn nugs to the ever growing bag of trim for hash one day.
so i guess my plan for now is to top the two taller ones, and edit the space some, bring it out 6 inches. i'm gonna change the lights at the end of the week. if they start to take off too tall, i'll just have to worry about it then.

i'll check in with some pictures in a week or so, a few of the bubba kush's fan leaves are burning up, i think its nute burn.

take it easy everyone!

you can take branches off up to week 2 of flower then just let em go. you can however keep pinching the lil baby shoots that try to emerge from the area of prevoius trimming. hope that makes scense. leave all popcorn that emerges in flower that wasnt intentially removed in the beginning so that it can mature for that hash. if you think its nute burn on some leaves then just back off a lil w/ the fert & youll be fine. get us some pics maybe w/ a ruler next to em if your in doubt of what to trim so we can poss help aid you in what to trim if its questionable.

right on. here are pics with rulers, kinda hard to see the lower branches and whatnot, i can try and take better ones if necessary. :)
i'd like to top the romulan and prune all of them tomorrow, and am planning to change to 12/12 on sunday. hopefully 4 days will be enough healing time before switching the lights?

day 41/32...pics in order from 1st to last: romulan, super grape ape, purple kush, bubba kush and lastly gdp.... thanks

romulan-1.jpg

sga.jpg

pk.jpg

bk.jpg

gdp.jpg

hi chuck...

Awesome selection of genetics you've got there. I'll be pulling up a chair for this one. You've got some great looking plants all ready for take off...

Rock ON!:cool:

so i decided i'm gonna go for a single cola on the grandaddy... just for fun lol. to see what happens... i'm gonna wait til saturday because your post says go directly into 12/12 after you prune.
doc your post makes it look pretty simple, i'm gonna do "the pruning method" but one question... the picture diagram makes it clear but you onlt do the bottom three branches and your done? i dont see how that's any different from pruning the popcorn bud sites... except it says go into 12/12 right away for the main cola technique instead of letting it heal.
what do ya think?

chuck you would prune all the way to the top. make sure to have fans all the way up. def give her some time to heal b4 the flip. couple 3 days should be alright just like yuor planning. i do disagree w/ that statement on no healing.

wow, thats a lot of trimming! kinda scary. would you do all this trimming in one sitting?

so today i pruned the lowest couple branches on them, didn't end up going for the single cola. here are some before and after pics, not all of the pictures would upload for some reason.

on another note, getting them out from under the light gave me a good look at how gross some of the gdp and pk leafs are looking! the brown spots are only on the gdp and only on three leaves.... the pk is all curly and yellow:(
take a look for yourself... any diagnosis???

pics....

first two - sga

second 2 - gdp

third 2 - pk

7th photo - bubba kush after pruning

and the last photo is of the PK leaf...:(

thanks for lookin:)

sgabefore-1.jpg

sgaafter-1.jpg

gdpbefore-1.jpg

gdpafter-1.jpg

pkbefore-1.jpg

pkafter-1.jpg

bk-1.jpg

pkleaf-1.jpg

switched to 12/12 today...wish me luck!
i'll come through with some photos when things start to change.
peace
chuck

:watchplant: :ccc: :watchplant: :ccc: :watchplant: :ccc: :watchplant:

Yo Chuck...

VERY nice! Your plants look ready to go and especially trimmed up Bubba K looks awesome. I wonder if your plants need a bit of Cal Mag? I can't see the leaves too close... But it looks like you had a bit of nute burn on those yellowing leaves. How do your new leaves look? Any burn? If you are just now switching to 12/12 you might want to give them one more good shot of veg nutes or a 50/50 bloom/veg transition nute with even NPK #'s to help them with some N for the leaf yellowing issue.

I think you'll get a really decent harvest with all the well developed branches and multiple bud sites available on your plant. I've seen a lot of guys grow BubbaK as just as one main cola and I've always thought more bud sites for less dense budding strains is the way to go. I look forward to seeing all your strains GO... I just got ahold of a pre 98 Bubba cut and a Grape Ape too... They're in my bubbler rooting now so it's gonna be a while before they're ready to flower so I'll be taking notes til then...:rolleyes:

Happy Growing!:cool:

hey dos! thanks for the good wishes and such.

what is cal mag?

i switched to 12/12 5 days ago, and the day after i changed them i gave them their first flowering nutes. so i guess it's too late for that last shot of veg nutes you suggested.. oh well.

as for the GDP and PK most of the yellow/brown spotted leaves are crispy and dead, but still attached to the plant. those that arent dead seem to be dying, and the new growth looks nice and healthy.... for the PK at least. i dont have my hopes up too high for the grandaddy.
none seem to be suffering from nute burn except the bubba's got some going on since the last feeding.
i may start mixing two batches of feed to get the bubba a lil less then the others.
i'll get some pics later this week..
take it easy my dude
:48:
chuck

looking good there chuckdee. i wanna see how all this turns out. i know how ya feel with the :watchplant: :ccc: :watchplant::smoke1: :watchplant: :ccc: :watchplant: lmao, i am in the same boat with my grow. they cant grow fast enough. green mojo till the end for ya chuck. happy growing.

thanks for the mojo t2g! and yeah, they say the waiting is the hardest part... good luck with your girls too!

anyway, it's been a couple weeks since i took some pics, so i thought i'd take some today, day 7 of 12/12.
not much has changed yet, but it's nice to see some healthy growth overtaking the previously hurtin PK.

here's three of the bubba kush

bk-2.jpg

bk1.jpg

bk2.jpg

a couple romulan close ups and one of the whole gang...

peace everybody

rom1.jpg

romtop.jpg

day7flower.jpg

Latest posts

Back