Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ I've seen that nutrient burn on my plants more than I want to admit!

The new fan showed up this evening. The scale of the old 4" fan vs the new 6" fan was surprising. The new one sounds like my shop vac when it hits 10, but so far it is keeping the tent under 85 with the light at 90%. I still need to rout the new duct hose to the room with AC, so I might be able to hold 85 with the light on max.

fans.jpg

The new fan showed up this evening. The scale of the old 4" fan vs the new 6" fan was surprising. The new one sounds like my shop vac when it hits 10, but so far it is keeping the tent under 85 with the light at 90%. I still need to rout the new duct hose to the room with AC, so I might be able to hold 85 with the light on max.

View attachment 291349
Now there is a sexy looking unit….

-Islander.

not sure what you mean, im european :=?

You mean what its "loaded" with? Like a sandwich, 2x5mm Sponge and 15mm very fine grains. (I think 0.6-2,5mm granulat) The white stuff inside is some basic prefilter for dust.

The part with the numbers that the fan is attached to.

DSCI2118.JPG

Day 2 of flower..or lets say "intendet" flower.

man what a wildgrowth..im sure thats not meant to look that way for many, but i let nature take its cource and let the plants deceide on their own which leaves to keep...next time i will play that cutting and trimming game.

@spunom : well...thats just an empty can, a "Adapter" if you wanna call it that way. I couldnt mount that fan directly to the filter..it also is the body that connects to the tent..i just tighten the 15cm tent exit-tube over that thing. Its all i need, no pipes or long tubes etc. Most of the time i dont have a construction plan, i just start with one part and hope that on the way ill find some things that make it work and fit.

thats Mark II by the way, i just skilled up Filter Technology XY...this is how my first looked, it works but i would never again build it that way. First you need to drill endless holes and 2) still there is limited space for the air to pass through, you will need more pressure/rpm and more potential noise. Some kind of mesh like the ones from the shop is good.

@CrashMagnet: Do you have the ability to see how much watt that filter pulls? I heard they consume quite a lot. For a fan. My CPU-Fan-Filter is only pulling 1-2 watts.

DSCI1774.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 291774
Day 2 of flower..or lets say "intendet" flower.

man what a wildgrowth..im sure thats not meant to look that way for many, but i let nature take its cource and let the plants deceide on their own which leaves to keep...next time i will play that cutting and trimming game.

@spunom : well...thats just an empty can, a "Adapter" if you wanna call it that way. I couldnt mount that fan directly to the filter..it also is the body that connects to the tent..i just tighten the 15cm tent exit-tube over that thing. Its all i need, no pipes or long tubes etc. Most of the time i dont have a construction plan, i just start with one part and hope that on the way ill find some things that make it work and fit.
Oh ok. I thought it might be some sort of filter.

thats Mark II by the way, i just skilled up Filter Technology XY...this is how my first looked, it works but i would never again build it that way. First you need to drill endless holes and 2) still there is limited space for the air to pass through, you will need more pressure/rpm and more potential noise. Some kind of mesh like the ones from the shop is good.

@CrashMagnet: Do you have the ability to see how much watt that filter pulls? I heard they consume quite a lot. For a fan. My CPU-Fan-Filter is only pulling 1-2 watts.

View attachment 291777
I don't have a filter, I just vent to the outside. I haven't measured the power draw, though. Supposedly it's rated at 40 watts, but I'm guessing it's closer to 80 when it's at max.

Anyway, I don't recommend this fan due to the "smart" controller being garbage. It turns the fan off until the temperature hits a set max, then runs it up to a fixed speed in about 30 seconds. There's no smart at all in this controller.

Holy cow your vegetation is super thick!!!
I just got done defoliating at 3rd of flower but I probably went a bit overboard. Well itll be a good test to see how much these flower can grow with a lot of light

Attachments

• IMG_20220329_190446.jpg
    IMG_20220329_190446.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220329_190526.jpg
    IMG_20220329_190526.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 12
i suppose my buds are gonna shoot out to the ceiling soon? Some are well hidden i mean flowers or preflowers or whatever they rae called...but even with very low light they look totally fine.

@choxie
is that Amnesia whats growing there by any chance?

edit: also id like to know, what do you guys think of that thick growth? i mean do you think its a bad idea, no defoliating? How will it affect the outcome in terms of harvest and are there any more problems to come?

Last edited:
i suppose my buds are gonna shoot out to the ceiling soon? Some are well hidden i mean flowers or preflowers or whatever they rae called...but even with very low light they look totally fine.

@choxie
is that Amnesia whats growing there by any chance?

edit: also id like to know, what do you guys think of that thick growth? i mean do you think its a bad idea, no defoliating? How will it affect the outcome in terms of harvest and are there any more problems to come?

If it's too thick you may get mild mew/mold/bud rot.
Light doesn't penetrate more than a few leaves depending on the wave length so your plant is spending a lot of energy to make leaves that will never make a return on it's energy investment

@choxie
yes well i thought about this more than just one time..the game with directing and managing energy inside the plant doesnt always make sense to my simple mind and so ill just have to try..at least next time i can see i tried all methods. :)
Now budrot or mold i hope i wont have to deal with...humidity is 40-50% most of the times, except when i open the balkony door, which is close to the air intake, then depending on the weather ive seen it go up to 70% after a while.i will avoid that from now on.

edit: i tried to look for small changes on the plants that indicate flowering, is this already a sign or is that usual? the small hairs i mean
Unbenannt.JPG

Last edited:
@choxie
yes well i thought about this more than just one time..the game with directing and managing energy inside the plant doesnt always make sense to my simple mind and so ill just have to try..at least next time i can see i tried all methods. :)
Now budrot or mold i hope i wont have to deal with...humidity is 40-50% most of the times, except when i open the balkony door, which is close to the air intake, then depending on the weather ive seen it go up to 70% after a while.i will avoid that from now on.

edit: i tried to look for small changes on the plants that indicate flowering, is this already a sign or is that usual? the small hairs i mean
View attachment 291908
Yes.

Bubba

To your question silly 😜

"
edit: i tried to look for small changes on the plants that indicate flowering, is this already a sign or is that usual? the small hairs i mean"

dude, thats second time now. Yes to what? If you answer yes to a question where there are 2 choices you must clarify."is this already a sign or is that usual? the small hairs i mean"

yes its a sign of flowering or yes the hairs are usual? usual obviously means they are always there and not just when starting flower.

Latest posts

Back