Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man this forum really makes the pictures low resolution, but your new growth looks pretty light however your leaves are super dark green too me. Feeding too much nitrogen prior?

Man this forum really makes the pictures low resolution, but your new growth looks pretty light however your leaves are super dark green too me. Feeding too much nitrogen prior?

i dont think its toxic. Green might be on the darker side, but i got clawing or blue-ish colour. But i will reduce N now anyways.

edit: NO clawing and blueish colour is obviously what i wanted to say :)

Last edited:
Not true. Check out Smokes thread. His pictures are very clear. My grow thread has vibrant pictures. Could be your camera or something.

what is not true? I havent even established any "facts". I just said i dont think i have Nitrogen toxicity. So youre actually saying that i in fact DO think i got Toxicity?

what is not true? I havent even established any "facts". I just said i dont think i have Nitrogen toxicity. So youre actually saying that i in fact DO think i got Toxicity?
I don’t believe Weedhopper was replying to your post. He was replying about pictures and cameras which appears to be in response to choxie.

ah ok that might be possible. If somebody does not address anybody by name, its an answer to the last post, at least thats my common sense :)..traditions might be different here.

I just try to associate context of any post prior replying. There are no visual cues and in the world today, I think we all need to take care to understand what is meant instead of how we perceive what is said or written. Take care.

Yeah it's probably how much my images get compressed and the format. Based on the original file when it becomes optimized, it'll reduce the color bit (lowering total amount of colors in the pallet) and resolution.
I mean if the picture is super bright, it'll keep that, but any picture with out a large color change, generally doesn't come out too well.

my images look pretty ok though allthough theyre between 3-7MB in their original form. When Weedhopper talked about clear pictures i thought he wanted me to go there and see how Nitrogen deficiency looks or something like that......

Yesterday was the end of week 3 for flowering cycle. I'm guessing those little clusters are now actually baby buds? They are really thirsty now. I use an inexpensive moisture probe just to give me an idea of the moisture content. I don't pay too much attention to the numbers-I just know that when the needle is down to 1/4 of the range or lower they need to be watered. Not much trimming this time. Only 3 huge adult leaves that were blocking light for buds below.
I did feed them today with 2 teaspoons of Tiger bloom to a gallon of water divided evenly between the 6 plants. They could take more but I think I'd rather stay on the less moisture now-add more later plan. I created a mold project when I was learning so now a bit leery of getting everyone too damp. Feeding every other watering.
I dumped out the boy plant from the fabric pot. When I moved them they were right on the edge of rootbound in the Solo cups-the roots had just started to spread out. The pot looks great. Will shake it out and reuse.
I started my vegetable garden yesterday. Regular list of suspects; tomato, potato, cucumber, squash and beans. Tried to focus on what we will actually eat and not give away just cause I could grow them (peppers). 👍 🌱 🙃

Attachments

• 040522 3rd week.jpg
    040522 3rd week.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 040522 3rd weeka.jpg
    040522 3rd weeka.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 040522 3rd weekb.jpg
    040522 3rd weekb.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 040522 3rd weekc.jpg
    040522 3rd weekc.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 16
  • 040522 3rd weeke.jpg
    040522 3rd weeke.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 040522 3rd weekd.jpg
    040522 3rd weekd.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 14
@Julie Y
it looks to me like the amount of light the buds get is on the lower side. Just by judging the size after 3 weeks and not seeing a light close by. I only have my own buds to compare. I know my average PPFD is about 800 umol...i dont have a PArmeter but i used the Photone app on the Iphone of a friend of mine. You can also use a cheap luxmeter, there are ways to calculate PAR from the lumens and the colourtone of your LEDS, They really need a lot of light now.

Yesterday was the end of week 3 for flowering cycle. I'm guessing those little clusters are now actually baby buds? They are really thirsty now. I use an inexpensive moisture probe just to give me an idea of the moisture content. I don't pay too much attention to the numbers-I just know that when the needle is down to 1/4 of the range or lower they need to be watered. Not much trimming this time. Only 3 huge adult leaves that were blocking light for buds below.
I did feed them today with 2 teaspoons of Tiger bloom to a gallon of water divided evenly between the 6 plants. They could take more but I think I'd rather stay on the less moisture now-add more later plan. I created a mold project when I was learning so now a bit leery of getting everyone too damp. Feeding every other watering.
I dumped out the boy plant from the fabric pot. When I moved them they were right on the edge of rootbound in the Solo cups-the roots had just started to spread out. The pot looks great. Will shake it out and reuse.
I started my vegetable garden yesterday. Regular list of suspects; tomato, potato, cucumber, squash and beans. Tried to focus on what we will actually eat and not give away just cause I could grow them (peppers). 👍 🌱 🙃
Looks like you have got this. Your plants look happy to me. Over watering can be a killer more so than under watering in my experience. Those cheap meters are usually not very good. I use my finger to check moisture if I am unsure if they need water though it was pointed out yesterday by a good grower that using my method can be iffy as well. Being that it sounds like you are using fabric pots(bags), if you feel the side of the bag down towards the bottom, if it is still wet, you don’t need more water yet. I stick my finger into the soil about up to the first knuckle in. If I feel moisture, I delay watering but I also temper that with feeling the side of the fabric pot to be sure the soil at the bottom isn’t soaked. As you probably know, cannabis likes/needs a wet/dry cycle to thrive. The roots need oxygen. And those are indeed nice little buds you are seeing. It sounds like you you are precision pruning to give the bud sites maximum light exposure. I do that as well as a lot of growers recommend that. I usually first try to bend the bigger leaves out of the way but snip or pinch them off if the won’t behave. There are people who do well stripping a lot of leaves off but fan leaves are like solar panels that provide energy for the plant to grow. Air flow can be a problem (and thus mold development) so keep that in mind when you decide what fan leaves to prune. I also started veggie seeds yesterday. Tomatoes, cukes, beets, peppers and snow peas. Nice job and Happy growing.

Keep thinking, it will eventually come clear if you try hard enough! 😂

Bubba

i put the pot on the scale to see how much water is left...most accurate and safe method. Allows you to see exactly how much water is being used.

i put the pot on the scale to see how much water is left...most accurate and safe method. Allows you to see exactly how much water is being used.
Do you take the mass of your plant as it grows into account? I understand the concept but there are easier ways.

you dont have to take anything into account. I just water them until the soil is soaked up and first drops come out of the pot. Then i put it on the scale. Ofc over the course of weeks that weight rises. But thats no point of concern for me, i only need to know the weight of the wet pot and then i wait until the pot has lost 1,8-2 kgs, thats the amount of water it holds before it get to dry. takes 3-4 days, there isnt a huge amount of new plant weight in that time.

you dont have to take anything into account. I just water them until the soil is soaked up and first drops come out of the pot. Then i put it on the scale. Ofc over the course of weeks that weight rises. But thats no point of concern for me, i only need to know the weight of the wet pot and then i wait until the pot has lost 1,8-2 kgs, thats the amount of water it holds before it get to dry. takes 3-4 days, there isnt a huge amount of new plant weight in that time.
Great. Sounds like you got this. Carry on.

Looks like you have got this. Your plants look happy to me. Over watering can be a killer more so than under watering in my experience. Those cheap meters are usually not very good. I use my finger to check moisture if I am unsure if they need water though it was pointed out yesterday by a good grower that using my method can be iffy as well. Being that it sounds like you are using fabric pots(bags), if you feel the side of the bag down towards the bottom, if it is still wet, you don’t need more water yet. I stick my finger into the soil about up to the first knuckle in. If I feel moisture, I delay watering but I also temper that with feeling the side of the fabric pot to be sure the soil at the bottom isn’t soaked. As you probably know, cannabis likes/needs a wet/dry cycle to thrive. The roots need oxygen. And those are indeed nice little buds you are seeing. It sounds like you you are precision pruning to give the bud sites maximum light exposure. I do that as well as a lot of growers recommend that. I usually first try to bend the bigger leaves out of the way but snip or pinch them off if the won’t behave. There are people who do well stripping a lot of leaves off but fan leaves are like solar panels that provide energy for the plant to grow. Air flow can be a problem (and thus mold development) so keep that in mind when you decide what fan leaves to prune. I also started veggie seeds yesterday. Tomatoes, cukes, beets, peppers and snow peas. Nice job and Happy growing.
Watering - really shy about over watering. I am using fabric grow pots. They have never felt wet to me. In the afternoon; like right now; I open the tent and blow a small fan through the tent to freshen up the air.
I did not know about the wet/dry cycling - just did it on accident.
I've attached pictures of the canopy from below. I trimmed them up a couple of weeks ago to allow for lots of air flow.
Temp hangs around 68 to 74 deg and humidity varies a lot - it's 62% right now. That's the other reason I have the fan blowing.
The little buds are amazing. I'm trying to let them grow how they want now. The buds are pushing up and reaching for the light so I'm waiting to see if they will push up above any leaves that are too big. I clipped one off that was the size of my hand.
Little heat spell today for 2 days. Poor little bean plants looked a little sad. Of course I started beets last night and had to run out and water them when I got home. I still have 2 more bush beans to plant. I'm using a combination of the big raised beds and 5 gallon pots on wheels. Strawberry root stalk on the way for the tiered planter and herb seeds for the other one. This is fun. It is Happy Growing.
Oh, I am trying to get one or both of the branches I cut and stuck in a glass of water. Seeing if I can create a clone. No change yet but it hasn't even been a week. Try to have a Happy Day..... 🌱 🙃

Attachments

• 040722canopy.jpg
    040722canopy.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 040722canopya.jpg
    040722canopya.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back