Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watering - really shy about over watering. I am using fabric grow pots. They have never felt wet to me. In the afternoon; like right now; I open the tent and blow a small fan through the tent to freshen up the air.
I did not know about the wet/dry cycling - just did it on accident.
I've attached pictures of the canopy from below. I trimmed them up a couple of weeks ago to allow for lots of air flow.
Temp hangs around 68 to 74 deg and humidity varies a lot - it's 62% right now. That's the other reason I have the fan blowing.
The little buds are amazing. I'm trying to let them grow how they want now. The buds are pushing up and reaching for the light so I'm waiting to see if they will push up above any leaves that are too big. I clipped one off that was the size of my hand.
Little heat spell today for 2 days. Poor little bean plants looked a little sad. Of course I started beets last night and had to run out and water them when I got home. I still have 2 more bush beans to plant. I'm using a combination of the big raised beds and 5 gallon pots on wheels. Strawberry root stalk on the way for the tiered planter and herb seeds for the other one. This is fun. It is Happy Growing.
Oh, I am trying to get one or both of the branches I cut and stuck in a glass of water. Seeing if I can create a clone. No change yet but it hasn't even been a week. Try to have a Happy Day..... 🌱 🙃
If you are using chemical nutes, watering to the point of run off helps to remove some of the salts left in the soil from previous feedings. An experienced grower on here told me that she would let the plants sit in the run off for around 15 minutes then dump out the remaining run off. I just mop it up with a sponge. That may be why my felt pots feel wet on the outside. 62% rh is a bit high for flowering. I put a dehumidifier outside my tent near the air intake to keep the humidity down but that also heats up the tent. In veg, 60+/- rh is ok but in flower that can promote mold. As a word to the wise from experience, I tried to cheap out my first grow and used a product called Damprid(I think that was what it was called). It is a bag of chemicals that absorbs humidity. It worked until they got saturated and then started to drip into the pans under my plants. The moisture was deadly to my plants. I tried cloning in a cup of water back when I was a kid. The clipping stayed nice and green but never developed roots. There are tutorials on here to help you clone(and they range far and wide). I used these spongey things as my cloning medium that gave me the most success but I am lousy at cloning. I get like 50% to root. Right now I am trying just plain soil since I am out of Rapid Rooters and once again have cheaper out. It may work or it may not. I am not really concerned about getting the clones as I am just vegging my plants for a friend who is going to flower them. Good luck on both your indoor and outdoor gardens. I bought 6 strawberry plants about a decade ago and now probably have 50. They spread like a weed.

Are they the same strain? Different phenotypes of the same strain can be as different as snowflakes. Nice looking plants by the way.

Not true. Check out Smokes thread. His pictures are very clear. My grow thread has vibrant pictures. Could be your camera or something.
I had weird colors in pictures and I think it was the light waves from the grow light make the colors weird. I noticed that my plants looked grey under the first grow lights I had. 🙃

Yeah cameras can be sensitive sometimes and pick up weird shit.

Cant say Snowflakes,,thats political. 😂 😂 😂

I clone using cloning powder, soil, and sunshine.
lol. I flinched a little bit when I typed ‘snowflake’. God forbid some one takes offense… ;)

“Different phenotypes of the same strain can be as different as reasons to be butthurt”.

There. I fixed it…

I know high humidity is bad during flower, but I have a fairly large dehumidifier and am at 75-80% humidity with a very high flow exhaust fan so at least hopefully mold can't get a foot hold. I know this is really not ideal, but so far so good!

This is an aside given that late flower is recommended to be around 40% ish, but nothing I can do except get a $1,300 dehumidifier which isn't in the budget.

I wouldn't sweat being at 60%.

Yikes! My dehumidifier is in my basement which normally has high humidity but I can keep my basement grow room at 40%. How often do you have to empty your dehumidifier? I think mine is a 26 quart unit. I empty it every day during the summer months.

Lol I only have like an $100 one and it's not very efficient but every 2 days
Mine is 26 pint apparently. 26 quart would probably be industrial strength… my bad.

I know high humidity is bad during flower, but I have a fairly large dehumidifier and am at 75-80% humidity with a very high flow exhaust fan so at least hopefully mold can't get a foot hold. I know this is really not ideal, but so far so good!

This is an aside given that late flower is recommended to be around 40% ish, but nothing I can do except get a $1,300 dehumidifier which isn't in the budget.

I wouldn't sweat being at 60%.
Yea....yikes. I figure I'm going to use the grow tent as the curing tent. OR I may try to get a cheapy one to set up so I can start another grow.]
Why did the little dryer tubs not work? I use them in the motor home as it can get humid in there when it's closed up.
Back to Yikes...they are expensive-even at Walmart. Going to keep shopping.
I read the plants have to cure in a totally dark environment. Where do you hang your branches or plants? Do you keep them dark while they cure? That is the other reason for the dehumidifier - curing area.
Humidity today in the tent 65% and almost at the 4th week of flowering stage. They are chugging away and getting taller. Happy growing all...
Oh, side note. Beans, Cucs, toms, squash, beets and carrots all started. And so fun - I ordered a combo pack that has 5 preying mantis eggs and 1500 lady bugs. I've released lady bugs in the past and was surprised to see a couple of them already on the potato plants. (BTW I'm a Tater Farmer. Grew them once and now every year in the spring the ones I missed digging up in the fall sprout.....) 🙃 🌱

some pics from my situation..on the day 2 weeks now at 12/12 cycle. What do you think of my flowers? I feel like im good in time but then again, ive got nothing to compare it to.

DSCI2214.JPG
DSCI2215.JPG
DSCI2216.JPG
DSCI2214.JPG
DSCI2215.JPG
DSCI2216.JPG
DSCI2217.JPG
DSCI2214.JPG
DSCI2215.JPG
DSCI2216.JPG
DSCI2217.JPG
DSCI2218.JPG
DSCI2219.JPG

They look great. This time mine took 2 weeks in 12/12 just to start flowering.

glad to hear that. Now i only have to avoid budrot. Or as shawn from Migro would say "boodrot"...XD. Hm, my started right away, 48h after changing the cycle to 12/12 i could see the bright green spots. maybe you started them flowering while they were still pretty small? Or had a light leak?

i think lots of Photos are a very good idea when growing first time..you can later always compare how your plants looked over the time and compare that so you know if you did better or worse. Especially when experimenting with fertilizers or grow mediums. For me, ill stay with Amnesia strain and mineral fertilizers :)

Last edited:
I did start them when they were small. I was trying to finish them before the weather turned warm, so I wouldn't need AC. It's taking longer than I wanted, though.

Here's where mine is now - speaking of bud rot. After a flush the damage seems to have stopped progressing, at least.

boodrot.jpg

Pet...Your buds look great. Mine are just a little smaller than yours.
Crash....WOW; nice. How close 🙃 🌱 are you to harvest?

How To Use Molasses To Grow Larger, Stickier Cannabis Buds (420expertguide.com)
https://420expertguide.com/cannabis-nutrients-and-fertilizer/molasses-grow-cannabis/
I bought some molasses. Does anyone else know about feeding our plants with it? I came across this website and it sounds interesting. Has anyone actually tried it?

I also noticed gnats in the tent. I got mini sticky traps and I'm surprised how many little bugs I caught. I had no idea there was so many of therm.

Looks like a little leaf tip burn from over feeding.. remember, less is more sometimes. And instead of the thick molasses that used to heavily can give weed a bad taste, try Sucunat. Use it during your flushing, it gives plants the boost they need and oxygenates the roots at the same time. makes your weed taste nice n sweet and brings out the natural terpenes better..

she should turn around nicely after this flush... rock on man

Latest posts

Back