Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it's too late. If they had clear trichomes on Thursday, they should have at least 3 weeks to fill out. Just don't burn the leaves crispy like I did...
3 weeks? Still clear today and I watered with molasses. (Why not) OK well I will keep up the watch. Thank you.... 👍 🤔

Well I feel like a dope....I'm going back to research the lighting for my tent. I had the brightness turned down. I didn't read the instructions well enough so didn't know there was an adjustment. Lights are on high now but too late.☹
You may want to come up on the lights easy. Going from low to high in one day may be a bit much for your plants. Turn them up a bit more each day working your way up to full on

I’m in week eleven and still not ready yet do you still have time for your buds to get use to the extra light
You sure have patience. I had a grow go 14 weeks before I chickened out and harvested too early. I have no patience… :/

You sure have patience. I had a grow go 14 weeks before I chickened out and harvested too early. I have no patience… :/
14 weeks and it still was not ready? Wow last grow all four plants were ready about the same time. Right around 10 weeks. This group, clones of the first grew much different. I harvested the first one last week but the other three are holding out to test my patience I guess

It was a Thai sativa. Coulda gone longer. Great smoke and yield. Just never got amber trichomes much.

I think they know I’m watching them and they are holding off cause they don’t want the axe
I always feel badly chopping down my plants. I wouldn’t want to be chopped off at the ankles, torn limb from limb, snipped, dried and burned. Hard to blame them…

You may want to come up on the lights easy. Going from low to high in one day may be a bit much for your plants. Turn them up a bit more each day working your way up to full on
Oh,,,OK. Will go turn them down and slowly adjust upwards. Thank you.

I don’t waste my time on edibles as they don’t do a thing for me or the hubby except add extra fat and carbs to our diet. Edibles are readily available here. My friends do enjoy them and bring me sweet treats to see if it would effect me. I keep telling them not to waste their money on me. Nobody tho has sissy smokes and tea so they love coming around on wine nite to have a little fun with their stoner friend SubmarineGirl
So try some low carb solutions! Allulose sugar (it's not absorbed) with almond flour, xanthine gum, vanilla extracts, baking powder, salt, dark chocolate chips and walnuts.

So try some low carb solutions! Allulose sugar (it's not absorbed) with almond flour, xanthine gum, vanilla extracts, baking powder, salt, dark chocolate chips and walnuts.
They just don’t work for me choxie. They eat one little square of a brownie and enjoy a nice buzz. I can eat half the pan with no results except a few pounds on the scale. I have actually more than once set a timer to stop and really see if I thought I was high or feeling it. Could never tell a difference. Maybe if it were made with actual flower instead of trim… I’m not sure but I wouldn’t waste flower on that. I do make a tincture every few weeks out of only flower for my son-in-law who has been using it for chemo relief which I do feel immediately with just a few drops under the tongue. It’s the only “edible” that actually works for me. I’m sure that it’s because I smoke so much weed my tolerance has built up for it.

What Is Decarboxylation and How Is It Done? - CNBS
Someone mentioned this process earlier. I looked it up and here is the link. My hubby and I like edible's. The dispensary near us has gummies and they work well for us. I have the book Bong Apatite and I'm going to try the to make infused butter and include this process. Then I do make a delicious lemon bars that takes lots of butter.

Trichomes are clear so just watching them every day for when they start to turn milky. The jewelers loop turned out to be the best way to look close at the buds. The Xenvo lens works good on my camera for close-ups but does not quite have the magnification. I'll practice today and see if I can get a really good picture of the trichomes. 👍 🌱 🙃

I was gifted a herb decarboxylator machine because I complained our oven wasn't accurate enough. Haven't used it yet, though.

I was gifted a herb decarboxylator machine because I complained our oven wasn't accurate enough. Haven't used it yet, though.
It's interesting the different ideas. The same article that said 230 deg is the optimum temperature also said sous vide is the best way to go. But water boils at 212. (unless I flunked science class-a lot) I will look around some more. I've wanted a sous vide for a while. Still did not pull the trigger there cause they are expensive.
I did order the MagicalButter DecarBox. Looks simple enough-silicon box with a hole for temperature probe and a remote display so you can see the internal temp of the box.
What kind of machine did you get? 🌱 🙃

It was this one from ECRU. Doesn't look like they sell it anymore. I looked at precision counter top ovens, but they are out of my price range. The DecarbBox is probably a good alternative.

It was this one from ECRU. Doesn't look like they sell it anymore. I looked at precision counter top ovens, but they are out of my price range. The DecarbBox is probably a good alternative.
That is pricey. I found the box on Amazon but did a generic search and found one-of all places Macy's. Saved $5 over Amazon and ordered by RV comforter.

It's interesting the different ideas. The same article that said 230 deg is the optimum temperature also said sous vide is the best way to go. But water boils at 212. (unless I flunked science class-a lot) I will look around some more. I've wanted a sous vide for a while. Still did not pull the trigger there cause they are expensive.
I did order the MagicalButter DecarBox. Looks simple enough-silicon box with a hole for temperature probe and a remote display so you can see the internal temp of the box.
What kind of machine did you get? 🌱 🙃

You can get a Seal-A-Meal relatively inexpensively. They make an adapter for mason jars so you can sous vide your weed(Dr Seussian) in mason jars in a pan of boiling water. 230 sounds like a good temp but 212(provided you are at sea level) will get you decarbed too, it just will take slightly longer.

3 weeks? Still clear today and I watered with molasses. (Why not) OK well I will keep up the watch. Thank you.... 👍 🤔
Still not great pictures. The trichomes look milky in the picture but under the jewelers loop they are still clear. Keep checking everyday. 🌱 🙃

Attachments

• 051622tri.jpg
    051622tri.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 051622tri1.jpg
    051622tri1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 051622tri2.jpg
    051622tri2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 051622tri3.jpg
    051622tri3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 5
You can get a Seal-A-Meal relatively inexpensively. They make an adapter for mason jars so you can sous vide your weed(Dr Seussian) in mason jars in a pan of boiling water. 230 sounds like a good temp but 212(provided you are at sea level) will get you decarbed too, it just will take slightly longer.
Cool... Well now I'm looking at the sous vide on ebay. I have vacuum sealer that I use all the time to freeze meat when we get a deal. 👍 🙃

Latest posts

Back