Hal's been busy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buds are looking killer Hal. :icon_smile:

What kind of cloner is that and do you wanna share some of your secrets for amazing roots like that in 10 days?!? :)

Whats happening Herm.
that is a Turbocloner. hXXp://www.turboklone.com/
I have been usuing this the last few cloning times instead of rockwool, simply because it is a little easier to use, well, not easier, but more self sustaining.
It is like a Ronco...set it, and forget it!
I have the Turbo 144, meaning 144 clone sites. I also have a humidity dome that goes with it. The BIG plus is it has a small fan that blows air into the res to help keep water temps cool from the pump running 24/7. It works great.

As far as the "mix", I use Clonex solution and Botanicare Aquashield. PH to 6.0
I use Clonex Gel for the rooting hormone.
I have a 8 lamp T5 over it, but I only burn ONE bulb over the cloner, you don't need much light to clone, and the less light really is better.
I have been having prob 99% sucess rate with this set up.
During the Summer, I ran a water chiller thru it to keep the water temps to around 70.

AAAWWWEEEEeee its not fair your all legal and we are not here in the uk but your set up is spot on hal.
T4

you're a fraud hal!!!!!a fraud!! lmao..i guess i gotta put up pics of my spot and show off what you've learned me lol..

wow..

It's nice to be back and peek in on your thread

I like the time you take with people and their questions..

This isn't the first time you've given me the itch to try CO2, dang you!

"overkill is underated".. as someone once said..

NorCalHal said:
that is a Turbocloner. hXXp://www.turboklone.com/
I have been usuing this the last few cloning times instead of rockwool, simply because it is a little easier to use, well, not easier, but more self sustaining.
It is like a Ronco...set it, and forget it!
I have the Turbo 144, meaning 144 clone sites. I also have a humidity dome that goes with it. The BIG plus is it has a small fan that blows air into the res to help keep water temps cool from the pump running 24/7. It works great.

As far as the "mix", I use Clonex solution and Botanicare Aquashield. PH to 6.0
I use Clonex Gel for the rooting hormone.
I have a 8 lamp T5 over it, but I only burn ONE bulb over the cloner, you don't need much light to clone, and the less light really is better.
I have been having prob 99% sucess rate with this set up.
During the Summer, I ran a water chiller thru it to keep the water temps to around 70.
WOW I havent peeked in here for awhile. I still use your tried and truw RW technique but Im not knocking out that many cuts at a time either. Ive always had damned near 100% success using the NCH RW method :)

How's it going cmd! Good to see u around man. I love my CO2 for sure.

Glad the cloning technique is working for you akhockey!

Well, my bad. I didn't take any harvest pics at all. I just went in there and did it when the time came. It was a long week to say the least.

I managed to get it cut down and out of there in 2 days. I have a seperate drying room, so I was able to clean it all up the day after I cut.
I had new girls waiting. They were already 8-12" tall in 1 gallon pots when I transplanted them into 7 gallon gro bags.

I statrted to gas them right off the bat and only had to veg for 7 days under the 1000MH's and enriched CO2.

I am currently 10 days into 12/12 on my next click.

My next run is Skywalker OG, Diablo OG and Sour Diesel. I'll have to take some pics soon. I have been working on a new canopy training technique that is REALLY working well. It is very hard to control the canopy on these damn Sativa's, but it is working.
Pics to come.

Hal, you are the $h!t brother :) You must stay at your grow 18hrs a day. My little grow keeps me busy and its only 20sqft of flowering space. I love the aeroponics cloner. I have one and do exactly as you do and have had nearly 100% success. :) I am facing a coming problem...summer heat. I am going to be looking at 85* day time temps soon. I go lights out during the day so they aren't baking in the hottest part of the day, but I know they may approach 90 even during lights out. Ya think they will be able to stand that? would CO2 help with that?

Hushpuppy said:
Hal, you are the $h!t brother :) You must stay at your grow 18hrs a day. My little grow keeps me busy and its only 20sqft of flowering space. I love the aeroponics cloner. I have one and do exactly as you do and have had nearly 100% success. :) I am facing a coming problem...summer heat. I am going to be looking at 85* day time temps soon. I go lights out during the day so they aren't baking in the hottest part of the day, but I know they may approach 90 even during lights out. Ya think they will be able to stand that? would CO2 help with that?

Naw Hush, I only stay 16 hours a day...haha. I do spend alot of time there for sure. The majority is allways the first 3 weeks or so of flower, as I do alot of bending and staking as they do the stretch.

With the Cloner, I just got a 1/4hp chiller to keep the clone water temps under control.

CO2, would help, but you don't run it during lights out. IMO, it is critical to get that 10 degree swing in temps from day/night. I have adjusted my CO2 a bit also. I run CO2 at 1500 ppm,temps @ 85 for the entire Veg, and 3-4 weeks into 12/12. After that I put the CO2 levals at atmospheric (400 ppm ) and drop temp to 75. The last couple of weeks I drop the temp to 70-72. I also put daylight hours to 10 on, 14 off.

NorCalHal said:
I also put daylight hours to 10 on, 14 off.

In all strains ? Have some SuperSkunks finishing now ... Last two weeks perhaps going to try that ? Finish earlier ?

Love u man :p ... So much info you put outside :aok:.

I cut the light back on all strains I grow, with no ill effect at all. I guess it does help finish it a little faster, by a few days maybe, but it sure helps the electric bill a bit too.

And hot for me also. Thanks NCH. Going to try that this one. In October days have 10 hours so it makes sense.

Once again thanks :aok:

Back