Have a Question? Post it here and i will answer it. On from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri Cen time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albrecht said:
So I have two other questions. I'm using 5 gallon paint buckets for pots of two of my plants. To flush them, I drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom, and then placed them inside a second 5 gallon bucket to catch run off. Should I worry about algea or anything in the water that drains through the soil? It would be a real hassle to remove the plants at this stage to empty the drainage bucket, but I'd do it if it needs to be donw.
Let me get this . Your growing in 5 gallon buckets, with drilled holes in the bottom for drainage. But thin you have it in another 5 gallon bucket to catch that drainage? And what exactly is your question?

Albrecht said:
Second question, I'm working out of town for half the week. I watered my babies really good monday morning, than got back Wedns afternoon, and obviously they were very thirsty, drooping and such. But not wilting or anything, just thirsty, and they picked right back up after I watered them. But can it cause more stress for these plants to get real thirsty like that? They're only going about two days between waterings, but they seem to like to be watered every day, about 18 hours apart or so.
It shouldn't hurt them, Plants like a lil dry period to stretch but make sure they don't get too thirsty.

Timmyjg6 said:
Let me get this . Your growing in 5 gallon buckets, with drilled holes in the bottom for drainage. But thin you have it in another 5 gallon bucket to catch that drainage? And what exactly is your question?

Well, I've read with hydro setups that you have to be careful of algae growing in the reservoir. Well, since I have no easy way to remove the water that drains through the soil, I'm wondering if it'd be possible for algae to grow in there, and as the water fills up in the bucket, if any potential algae could hurt my plants. Basically I'm asking for opinions on if I should be removing the drainage water, even though it'd be a real pain in the *** to do so.

hey timmy,its all good finally.i went back over my setup with the lights and coolin.i did everything neatly and professionally.this is the first time that i can zip the tent up and leave it without worrying about the temp.i hooked the main air vent inlet to the ac duct and the filter,reflector the way you told me to.it is the best.hell i got my HPS about 5ins from the tops of the plants and doing good.couldn't have done it without you.thank you my friend.

Got a question for anybody. What is your opinion on the DIY CO2 sugar and yeast delivery. With my high temps I was wondering if it may be worthwhile to try if it makes any appreciable difference. I know it willl never be remotely as good as a true setup but was just curious and bored!

hey Timmy, this one's kinda out there...But i figured hey, he answered the woodchuck crack....But from what i can tell you're well educated and seem to have a lot of experience, but yet like u said, just really started...I was wondering if you've ever had your IQ tested, if so what is it??? i would be along the lines of 125 at least...BTW, you're doin' a great job w/ this thread man...

hey im ne to this site but i been tokin about 6 years an i have finally decided to grow my only question is what r the exact times of year to grow outdoors i recently germinated sum seeds and have just planted them today im in pa and i live in the middle of the woods im really praying i havent waited to long to plant but fear i may have does anyone kno if my plants will take even if their only small it would b nice to have some reward for my first attempt any help or critism is appreciated i jus wanna get some of my own hard labor in the blunt.

~~all post by letstokeone are completly fictional and are used for entertainment purposes only~~

here in michigan,i usually would start them under 4ft flour light (shop lights)inside around the beginning of april,let them get 6-8 inches,then in may (after the cold days/nights that create frost are over) ill put them outdoors.when putting them outdoors,start them in shade,then in 1/2 shade..then under full sunlight.it prepares the plants for the sun rays. so ill grow from may-end of august or end of sept..the harvest time just depend on the strain and how long it takes for the trichomes to change amber.i mean..it differs if your in another country,but here in the eastcoast/midwest section of the united states.This is when we grow outdoors.

letstokeone said:
hey im ne to this site but i been tokin about 6 years an i have finally decided to grow my only question is what r the exact times of year to grow outdoors i recently germinated sum seeds and have just planted them today im in pa and i live in the middle of the woods im really praying i havent waited to long to plant but fear i may have does anyone kno if my plants will take even if their only small it would b nice to have some reward for my first attempt any help or critism is appreciated i jus wanna get some of my own hard labor in the blunt.

~~all post by letstokeone are completly fictional and are used for entertainment purposes only~~

Sorry that i have bin gone. Iv bin at the hospital a bunch. About to get some major surgery to hopefully, fix my dang wrist. But no garintes. But surgery is next week and im happy/scared/worried/terrified all at once. Sorry bin gone, but ill be here. Ill prob never leave. I love it here.

Larnek said:
Got a question for anybody. What is your opinion on the DIY CO2 sugar and yeast delivery. With my high temps I was wondering if it may be worthwhile to try if it makes any appreciable difference. I know it willl never be remotely as good as a true setup but was just curious and bored!

I personaly don't think they are worth the effort. Thats too much work for not enough pay off. Id say get your temps fixed the right way. Dont take shrt cuts. They only slow you down. If you really want co2 enrichmint thin you need to do a bunch of reserch and save the money to do it right. Just my views. If you want bigger buds than there are other routs to go. Good luck bro.

Thanks bro, and i can only recall taking an IQ test once and i cheated, it was an online test that a bunch of my friends were taking and it was my turn so i just searched for the key to the test and within 5 sec i found all the answers. So i finished it faster than every one else and got a perfict sore and no one could figure out how i did it.. So i am not sure if that means i am smart or just a good cheater. IDK, maybe a lil both... LOL But thanx bro, keep the green alive.. Fr all of us that cant grow it...

tn_toker420 said:
hey Timmy, this one's kinda out there...But i figured hey, he answered the woodchuck crack....But from what i can tell you're well educated and seem to have a lot of experience, but yet like u said, just really started...I was wondering if you've ever had your IQ tested, if so what is it??? i would be along the lines of 125 at least...BTW, you're doin' a great job w/ this thread man...

lol,your back..had me paranoid for ya for a day or so.thaught you got into more trouble w/ the fungus =) congrads on the nomination for mvp,you got my vote my freind.hope surgury goes good,hopefully they give you lotza good pills =) anyways,just sayin wassup bro-peace

yea bro,you deserve it,you were the first person to start a thread specialy for people to ask you ?'s.i'd say thats grounds for automatic mvp status =)

Just transplanted my babies into 2 and 3 gallon pots in 7th week of veg, getting ready for bloom in 10-14 days.
Now from what I understand plants use all nutes from soil at 3-4 weeks of veg, which is why one adds nutes to water...OK. But now that Ive transplanted to fresh soil (Im using FF which has nutes in it) do I continue where I left offf with nutes or will they get nute burnt since there is nutrition in the soil and adding higher dosage of nutes?

hey, whats up? I never get to ask a question during the huors you have listed so ill just post it now.

My question concern's Earth Juice grow, bloom and catalyst. the mixing label has different streghth's listed, which mix for what stage? I know grow and catalyst during veg, i figured it would be best to start mild to normal to stronger. how much water daily? and how often to feed? i was going to stick with EJ meta-x to help with flowering, but does any one know of a better bud enhancer? im trying to stay organic and the local shop guy suggested big up or bud up, something like that but i didnt want powder to mix since im using liquid's . Also, Im using black gold soil with light warrior 60/40 in 10 gallon pots.

Same for flowering, use bloom and catalyst. how much , how often, feed and watering??
Thanks
H:holysheep:

didnt mean you TimmyG, just keep asking for tip with nutes, i guess some people want to gaurd theyre recipe. ty

WOW...OK...Where do I begin????? Well someone got me started growing and he's a total flake. He is never around to ask him questions.....Anyway.....I am 2 weeks into flowering and I have a webbing problem that appears to be spider mites....I put 1000 predator mites on them 3 weeks ago but I do not think it did much good??? Suggestions????

I uploaded the images from my camera to my computer, but i do not know how to put them on the website and it says i cannot use photobucket. Its just pictures of my setup no MJ or seeds or anything and the site kind of shows how but I do not understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back