HemperFi's Second Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking terrific. You are giving them the perfect amount of TLC.

Mojo for your youngsters.

I was sitting watching my plants grow and got to wondering how the roots were looking. They have been growing like crazy and were nearly as tall as the pots, so I popped one out of her pot and had a look. What I found was a root system just as well developed as the last time I transplanted them, so I did a little farming and put them in their final homes. The little Moby **** wasn't as ready, but I transplanted her as well. It did have some nice roots. In the 3 gal. pots, I couldn't get them all in the vedge room again, so I put the Satori on a box in the tent under another 600w MH. I couldn't believe the roots on these 17 day old plants. Here is a few pics :)

100_1273.JPG

100_1274.JPG

100_1275.JPG

Oops, I don't mean 17 days -- they are three weeks and a couple of days old -- around 24 days old :) My bad....

Peace

LOL- That's why I write it all down. :rofl:
If I didn't keep my daily boards I would never know how old they are.

Nice Plants. Nice Pics. Nice Avatar.
Looking good- keep up the good work.

is everyone gettin ready for old hallows eve or something? Im gonna have to start wearing a diaper while I cruze the forums...

sMACk

Update: With two 600w bulbs burning it has gotten warmer in my little grow room. It is Oct. now, and it is still over 100 f out here on the old, leaky boat. I turned up the fan in the tent and closed off the room and temps are hoovering at right around 80 f. If it doesn't get any hotter I should be banging. Temps should begin to go down soon -- I hope. The AC is full on and blowing straight into the room. wish me luck.

Smack, I'm just trying to fit in :)

Peace

:ciao: wishing you luck, my friend, but I think you'll be fine!

Thanks, Roddy. Yes, I managed to maintain the temps below 80 degrees. The plants are banging, and they have taken the to the Fimm nicely. I have bud sites coming up everywhere. When I got back to the boat after my summer vacation I noticed my Rapid Rooter plugs were all dried out, so instead of rehydrating them I tossed them thinking I would get new ones, but all they had at the hydro store was something called "Root Riot" plugs. They look the same, but they have a tiny hole in them to stick the clones in. I'm sure the rooting powder will just be wiped off and I am concerned. I have tried to make the holes bigger, but they just close up no matter what I stick in them -- does anyone have any ideas how I can make the holes bigger -- Perhaps I can heat up a wire and burn the holes bigger -- I don't know. I need to take some clones soon, but the stems, even on the bottom branches, are huge. I do have some small rockwool cubes -- perhaps I'll try them this time. I've never had a problem getting clones to take root. But now I am concerned...

Peace

Okay, I took a couple of test clones off of the Veneno -- they are cooking now -- we will see....

Peace

I put one in a rockwool cube and one in a Root Roit plug....

I just cut them open and put the clone in or make a hole all the way through with a shish-ka-bob stick.

Taking them apart is a good idea that I didn't think about. I shish-ka-bobed them bunches -- if it doesn't take, Ill cut them open -- the clone tray will hold them together nicely -- thank, Goddess.

Peace

Looking good Hemper-
How old are they in the pic?
They look very much the same for so many different strains.
green mojo my friend

tastyness said:
Looking good Hemper-
How old are they in the pic?
They look very much the same for so many different strains.
green mojo my friend

Thank you, Tasty. They just over a month old from dry seed. I think they are doing nicely. They are taking to the Fimm and bushing up as well as growing taller. I'm just loving them :)

Peace

They are looking great Hemper. Looking green and bushy and happy.

Thank you, Goddess, means a lot coming from you.

I have given all the plants (except the Moby ****) plain water Phed to 6.0 -- they are as green as can be, and I don't believe they need nutes this time around. I have only fed them twice in their short lives -- once with half strength and once with mild vedge nutes. The Satori are growing fastest, I think just because they are reg seeds and superior genetics. The next time I water I will give them mild vedge nutes again. I think I was feeding my plants way too often last year. The two Veneno clones are looking real nice under the dome -- I am ignoring them except once in the morning and once at night when I spray them with plain water.

I figure another week or two until I flip the plants in vedge to 12/12. This grow is moving along without a hitch so far, and I am loving the way things are looking.

Peace

Hope I'm not boring you-all with these vedge updates, but I'm like a new mother who wants to show off her beautiful babies :)

The Satori are banging, and the clones are looking fine. I haven't looked for roots yet, but I am sure they are growing nicely....

Here is what they look like today.

100_1279.jpg

100_1280.jpg

100_1281.jpg

My girls are getting to a size where I'm thinking about turning them to 12/12. It's all happening a lot faster than I figured it would, so last night I took two clones off of each plant. These clones are a lot thicker and softer than any I can remember from last year. I cut open the Root Riot plugs, put some hormone powder in them, then dipped the clones in the powder as well. The cloner seems to be holding them back together nicely. I'm going to wait until I see roots before I turn my plants to 12/12. On Tuesday I am going to check the first two clones I took for roots. They are still standing tall and nice and green. I will leave all of them in the cloner until they have bunches of roots and I am sure I have another crop coming along. I don't want to have to start from seed again this year. I do still have some Cheese seeds and a few freebies for an emergency. I didn't clone the Moby ****. She is about a week behind the others, so I will wait awhile to take cuttings.

On another note: this old boat has stopped taking on water. I still don't know where it was coming from, but the bilge is dry now, so I don't care. My Marine son is here. He's been spending more time talking and texting to five or so girls he is dating than visiting with me, but that is fine. It is just real nice to have him home for a while and to know he is safe. We went boating w/ a friend yesterday. I drove and they did some wake boarding and we did a little sight seeing. It was a fun diversion.

I'm on the look-out for alternating nodes and balls on the Satori and still praying for a female. They sure look good....

Peace

Latest posts

Back