hermie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedonofchronic

Soil grower
Reaction score
about 2.5 weeks into flowering, im starting to get really nice pistils comming up outta the tops and nodes of everywhere.
today i noticed a couple of spots on one of my plants (they were all girls)
but some pots have almost sacs like, just one little one at different parts.
do you think this is a hermie? or a hermie forming?

i could provide a pic but it would be worthless.
any help would be great

they could be just swelling calayxs

if it starts to look like this then worry :giggle:

i fund the pic on google
hermy.jpg

imo pull it if it has sacks get ride of it. dont want to ruin your grow by seeds. how long is to long, before the sacks open and pollen starts falling everywhere.

real quick,,,, the males will open flowers way earlier than females to insure wind pollination, they'll stay open for a WHILE and you WILL miss some and you WILL get pollinated flowers and you will NOT have sinsimilla plants as they WILL set seed. Pull ANY suspected plantsm, better to lose a couple to a mistake (one might be a fem but unsure, it happens) than the whole crop going to seed. I'm a little lit right now so bear with me. If that one suspected male sets a flower you dont see and it opens and releases pollen you will lose potency to seed production, end of story. Argue with me. CMON!! DO IT! you know I'm right. Lol.:p

one more thing, if you get a really good female you should try REJUVINATION of this plant. Then take cuttings from her. They will be GUARENTEED to be ALL FEMALE thus insuring a really really worthwhile crop as you will KNOW with a doubt that you have females. Just a thought for you as that's what I have going right now. I rejuved a good momma plant and took cuttings and now have a garden full of girls I just tranplanted to 16 oz cups.:D Do this, you won't regret it.:hubba:

dang i really didnt want to pull her
she was commin along so nice
this was from a female clone
so what do i do? that pic that ukgirl posted looked like kinda what i had
around the top of the pic
but what if it isnt

SativaWeed said:
one more thing, if you get a really good female you should try REJUVINATION of this plant. Then take cuttings from her. They will be GUARENTEED to be ALL FEMALE thus insuring a really really worthwhile crop as you will KNOW with a doubt that you have females. Just a thought for you as that's what I have going right now. I rejuved a good momma plant and took cuttings and now have a garden full of girls I just tranplanted to 16 oz cups.:D Do this, you won't regret it.:hubba:

Not if its a hermie.

Well if you've yellow sacs forming its a hermie and if you wanted to keep it going you'd have to remove the balls as they grew and as it's hermied early will probably bust out all over with male flowers which is almost impossible to keep on top of so I'd pull it myself.

But are you sure it is as clones arent chosen as mothers if they are hermaphodite.

Did it have a stressed life or a good environment?

If it is a hermie you need to start a new mom because her genetics could have been compromised. The other thing it could be is just high stress.

give us some pics...cant go on in the blind..and how quik? well pollen starts to fall as soon as balls are shown..at about 10-14 days..and it only takes one little ball to do your whole room..your choice..good luck

long awaited photo
my camera is literally that terrible for some reason
like i said
their in the intersect of the Y branches.
too blitzed to think haha sorry
hope it helps even remotely

100_1201.JPG

sorry doesnt help me..maybe HIE can see something

to blurry for me to see anything, but I'll bump it for ya!

:stuff-1125699181_i_

Rockster said:
Not if its a hermie.

Well if you've yellow sacs forming its a hermie and if you wanted to keep it going you'd have to remove the balls as they grew and as it's hermied early will probably bust out all over with male flowers which is almost impossible to keep on top of so I'd pull it myself.

But are you sure it is as clones arent chosen as mothers if they are hermaphodite.

Did it have a stressed life or a good environment?
True that, only a guarenteed female for clones to make a happy garden. Did I mention I was lit that evening? :D

Good Bid
I just had the same thing but didn't know till 8 weeks in so I choped and smoked it's a** It wasn't bad

Well both my hydro grows from clone threw minor nanars the black widow and now the sour but both threw them for a couple and i pulled the oned i seen and that was that and they both only hed them on the bottoms branches not the tops or at the internodes. it seems too me i stress my plant by pulling the weak buds off around this time. the pics dont lie i didnt pull the white widow and it went 10 plus weeks with no seeds or more nanars jus my two cents.

Latest posts

Back