HID lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmer

Reaction score
hey guys im new to all this and ive just got some white widow seeds, now i need to get lighting etc sorted before growing these little darlings. Ive read that the Hid lighting are the best to use for light output but what are the running cost compared to fluorescent lights? cheers jimmer

flourescnt could be cheaper...but i would get HPS for flower...i have seen great things done with flo's though just more work IMO

i keep hearing everybody say IMO, what's it mean?

once i left the thread i thought "In My Opinion" that's hwat i means huh? lol shoulda figured that out sooner.

jeffca said:
once i left the thread i thought "In My Opinion" that's hwat i means huh? lol shoulda figured that out sooner.
you got it...IMHO=humble...IMAO...you can figure that out...IME=in my experience

hps is best way to go the cost is worth it... a nice setup is undEr 250 us

IMO, haha, flourescents are great to veg with and then go with the biggest HPS for your situation to flower. Unless you want to spend the extra cash to get a big MH to veg with, but I still prefer the longer flourescent tubes to Veg with over CFL's or MH.

havnt tried the cfl's yet.
2 600 hps in flower room, 1 600 hps in veg room all duel spectrum bulbs.
Dont know about prices over there but i got mine for £90 each ( ballast, reflector hood, duel spec bulb )

More light = more yield

As for running costs, she not mentioned the electricity bill yet so it carnt be that bad lol.

hid are more efficient. To produce 5,000 lumen of light, you will have to burn "more" watts/electicity with flourescents or cfls than with hids.

Latest posts

Back