Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pipe helped !- Packing another too !- I have a problem !- I don't do this thing they call "Wait"- very well !-- I'm eager to move on and start building a new life !-- Sharpening my grow skills !-- I know what I can do -- Got a plan with some rough numbers and the future look pretty good for ole Keef if he can get up out this mudhole !- The "Grow Unit " I described?- I most certainly can make it work ! - It's not like I woke up one day and said I'm design a grow system and learn to grow !- No this came from experience !-- I been in the trenches learning my craft !- Now I'm ready to shine !

A busy day today, I started fiddling, cleaning up some electrical under the house that has to do with my grow when my wife walked up and said what’s that water leak...I said huh...I’m just about deaf as far as quiet sounds go anyway...so I got to do plumbing today...that just about always degrades my mood and my day...but it wasn’t too bad, just some pex gone afoul...and the leak was just onto the ground...Our little rescue dog Finnian is not feelin well lately...hasn’t eaten in a few days...took him to the vet and they don’t have a clue...

Good Morning OFC...The Pearl River finally hit its crest...about 2500 building/homes effected ...cool snap and then a warm up as usual...black mold will hit those flooded homes hard. Keef hang in there bud...its got to get better...it is a shame a Vet has to put up with such crap...we have billions to spend on political conquest but no housing help....in this Nation you are punished for being poor...I see it daily. 2RE I hope ol Finnian gets to going soon...when they feel bad...we feel bad.Hold up putting a new holiday on that 2021 calendar...we have a new title today "chief law enforcement officer of nation".... heck...where do I get my title changed? I wanna be the Cannabis Tsar ...if you wanna grow this devils lettuce...you gotta get a permit from me...it'll cost you 1 nugget of dank...payable at first harvest. Enjoy your day amigo's with lots of cannabis!

download.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning OFs. Going to be cold again. I'm on the 30 day countdown on my first harvest. I'm already planning what I'm going to do differently on growing #4. I need to go through the logs, enter the grow characteristics on the computer.

I tried every plant manipulation in the book to control the canopy. Most work easily, fimming never worked so I fimmed my fim. Thinning leaves worked for indica hybrids, sativa hybrids were sparse enough that weaving leaves worked better. In the seed descriptions, the descriptions led me to expect one base type to be the opposite of what it was. The Raspberry cough came out like a sativa. Pheno, or typical sales **? I have more seeds so I'll try it again later.

I'm trying to decide what to sprout next. Zkittlez, Blue Dream, White Widow, Wonder Woman, two med cbds, and others that I don't recall without looking. I found a site that shows grow journals of contributors grows. Seeing how the plants look under different set ups and nutes is a learning experience. A bunch are first time growers. Seeing how choices made on limited budgets and the effects on harvest and the screw ups that kill the crop are making me reexamine my choices. I ended up switching to bio buckets, seems to be out of style. I combined power sprayers with a waterfall, with bubbles to oxygenate everything. I have the root balls that people show off on pictures, so that worked. I really like the simplicity of having a tank float control the main reservoir levels. The daily top offs were a pain.

I'm going on too long. Smoke one for me.

Last edited:
Morning OFC !
I'm better today !- Feel a little bad about unloading my problems on U guys like that -- We don't live in a fantasy world where everything is always peaches and cream !- We live in the real world !- **** happens sometimes !-- I'm just at an in between place and ready to move on !- I don't like in between !
HP-- I was wondering how far U were from the Pearl River !-- I was close to where it comes into the Ponchartrain !--
Glad it crested !--
I wouldn't really want or need any government assistance -- **** always comes with strings attached !-
All U gotta do is piss in this bottle regularly and let us monitor your cell phone and we'll give U a check ?-- -- All U gotta do is bite myass !--
At least I'm aware of my situation -- Some U guys still think U have a form of social security ?--and I'm not talking about a government check ! -- Retirement --savings -- Stuff ?-- With the assumption there will be no major changes in the way live goes on !- It'll be routine !-
We got the Caronavirus loose - It's shutting down the Chinese economy - It's still building in America --we haven't felt the true impact yet !- We got a Nazi Crime Lord in the White House trying to destroy the country from the inside !- I'm sure all will be well ?-- With my little troubles I'm just out ahead of the pack on finding a way to survive in a new world order--
More coffee!-- Somebody put a chunk of hash on that Hookah and pass me a hose ?

Edit -- and we got cold rain in the mudhole today !

Last edited by a moderator:
HP, as future Cannabis Czar, you might want a bud from the third grow. The learning curve on the first cuts the dank and size.

I feel for the people hit by floods. I wore out that t-shirt. I became self sufficient in skills from diy after that. Passing the tests for the housing codes was the toughest part. The trades operated like the guilds of ancient days stopping me from doing anything until the tests were passed. Mold mitigation, lead abatement, asbestos hazmat protocols were the ones that got everyone to give up on DIY. Plumbing and electrical were easier. For furnace work, I hired that done. The people who borrowed to rebuild to mansions were the ones who screwed themselves financially.

We were hit with Katrina. Katrina stalled a front, giving my valley downpour after downpour. It's exactly like the weather people forecast climate change. It made me a believer. I moved to an unfloodable area. Climate change is even more dire than wannabe Kings in threats to the country. An obese king won't live forever.

I am about 60 miles West of the Pearl......that Crest is at the North end by the Ross Barnett Reservoir...it will slowly crest South as the week goes by. As Keef mentioned we still have rain ...so those forecast may change. Duly noted Dax on the learning curves...but growing up in a Dirty South prohibition State.... makes you not picky lol. I have smoked some questionable weed before...those Reagan days of shutting the border down and running the supply out here. Once saw ashes of burned cannabis that smelled like fuel sale even...it had tiny pieces that did not burn in it ..I took a rain check on that one...and fan leaves only... that smelled like shrimp...passed on that as well. Things are much better now!

Dam we got got us a mess of Katrina survivors up in here !- **** impressed me too !-- I was in Hammond on the weak side !- I just had 100 mph winds !- We didn't flood !- I ran a fan- lamp and radio thru an inverter off a car battery for 2 weeks - Afterward I became obsessed with being able to make power !- Katrina the reason I ended up in Corpus Christi !
One the 1st things I built in Corpus was a wooden box with a solar panel on an adjustable lid -- with a 12 volt deep cycle battery in the box beside a DC /AC inverter !
Dax-- I think U doing right on your grow !- There's so many choices on what to grow -- I ended up with these fast finishing Indicas and still got too many choices -- I have grown lots of varieties in midget form -- Some don't like what I do and some like it alot !- That's the ones I want !
I'll cull this mess I got down to the best few over maybe a year - I'll breed the things that like what I do !- I'll bring in more kinds !- It's an ongoing never ending cycle !- I'm not gonna be bending over backwards to get some finicky variety to grow for me !- U got to grow in the environment I provide and plenty do !

Climate change ?-- Houseboat with grow barge !- Paddle wheels or such to turn water current into electrical lower !--

Good morning yall!
Kind of gimped up this morning.
Golden years my ***!

The girlz are starting to show some progress at last.
This is the S.R.1 hemp.
The others are moving a little slower. Ill post pics when they get a little further along.

Attachments

• 0219200653.jpg
    0219200653.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 15
I heard that Gloman !-- Got smoking weed but low on medicine weed !- I'll have more soon but mornings without caps or some Earl make me move even slower and make grandpa noises !- I'll be better when I'm outta here and in my own place !- Growing is a long term project especially if U running a continuous grow !- A little stablitity would be nice for ole brain damaged here !- I can get by just fine I just need a place to do it !--

Dax-- in your DIY stuff have U tried your hand at brewing ?-- We got peeps here with some brewing expertise !- RE - got some trophies for his beer - Nick and the Gloman are ?- Know they way around a still !- I like making fruit --- wine ?- I don't even drink anymore but it seems like it could be a valuable skill to have in a jam ?
Umbra got all kinds of mad skills !--- I do want a little still myself for ethenol for extractions !- Might even put some up like others would put money in the bank ? - Anything I want or need over subsistence living gotta come from somewhere -- Only skills I got left worth a dam is growing weed and making liqour !- I use weed so I'll be growing it for myself !- Might as sell grow more than I need !- Put up It's also like putting money in the bank !- At worst It's something to bartar with for other things U need !- - The value of brewing is liqour to barter with or as fuel !- Same process gives U both !- Having fuelncan mean having power !- Without power what good is your microwave and such ?--

Another band of hard rain moving in !- Getting tired of coffee and weed !- Think I'll switch to O.J. and weed ?-
Made the dogs go outside in the rain to do they bizniss !- They pissed off at me now !- Neck is still stiff I don't need to be doing much today anyway !

Speaking of distilling again...... I ran all my shine thru again and settled on 1 gallon and 1 pint of smooth with a little bit of a sweet spiciness. Rhy and corn.
Proof is 175 so its good to go for rso. I'm gonna take the pint and proof it down to 90 which should give me a qt. of good sippin whiskey.

Everclear go for $20 a fifth ? -- If they got it at your liqour store ?-- $ 100 a gallon ?-- Gloman's stove top still make a gallon a run ?-- Sounds cheaper than spending $100 on store liqour ?- Even if U gonna reclaim most of it -- be nice to have a couple gallons around ?-- It do have a higher value than that as moonshine or aged whiskey but that would be against the law and we ain't like that !- Mostly ?

Edit ---G -- Apples is always cheap !- Yeast like apples !-and sugar- Cook it off - temper with apple juice and add apple pie spices !- Oh some fine Apple Pie Moonshine that would make ?-- Just saying ?--
PS :-- Don't forget to put that cinnamon stick and an apple wedge in each quart jar !- People like to see that !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning old farts...fun reading all your diy adventures...I’m pretty much a diy-er my own self...maybe that’s what leads us all to growin weed anyway...I started playin the guitar when I was in elementary school and then a few years later I needed a better guitar so I made one...then I made a better one after a while I was selling them...I never made a living at it but I did supplement my income a bit and it afforded some of the fun tools needed to expand my diy...next thing ya know I’m building a canoe, then I built a small sail boat and then a bigger sail boat...I don’t have the room or the back for that any more but it was fun...now most of my diy is weed related but I still do the occasional musical project...built a couple tube style guitar amps...I must be hi again, Cuz I’m ramblin...
Cheers y’all, smoke’m...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back