Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, OFC - More rain, rain, rain... Rain all day and all night. Getting cabin fever!

The little auto-drip unit I scored works like a dream - can handle up to 10 plants, should hold me for a while. Just gonna start with 2 plants, and see what I might could do with some LST. Let 'em veg longer than I usually do, too. Tie yer mother down!

Peace out = Keep yer powder - and yer weed - dry today!

Good morning OFC. Almost 50* out there and cloudy. Kiddos took fevers overnight. Little things were burning up. I guess it's normal for toddlers to spontaneously catch on fire? New adventures everyday with them twins. But, this means they'll be taking extra naps today and that will give me some free time.
I had a dream last night that the OFC had a clubhouse and the coffee table was a real place for us to gather. We had grow rooms and places to teach. It was a pretty cool dream. There was a wall with our photos hanging. I guess my mind took the design of a Lodge and overlayed the ofc on it. Instead of offering a full bar we had mostly cannabis. I did change a keg....
White strawberries for the wake n bake!

Morning OFC -- finally got some sleep !- Doing better just sore !-- 67 and still overcast and humid !- Having some O.J. - coffee and a toke or 2-- Managed to change the res in a couple boxes yesterday - Have I mentioned that I hate hauling water ?-- That's what got me last night !- but it's done - no pressing matters to tend to in the grow !- This evening I got the nephew &his gf coming to help me some !
Got to get a revegged White Indica from veg in one trailer to bloom in another !- It's in about a 20 gallon planter -Too heavy for me to handle !-- and move an aero box to bloom too- then a little trimming and teaching !- -He gonna do fine ! -- This ain't FFOF but he brought me some good black dirt and it works good enough !- Gotta get a pencil and paper out and draw me out how I'm modify these boxes for the geriatric grow at the Bat Cave !- - What I got in mind for bloom is 8 of my boxes - however many plants that be !--4-- 2 box groups - 1,000 -1500 watts of LED over each group !-- I'll put the boxes on a stand and plumb them for a drain with valve and and nute water inlet also with valve !- Instead of a pump for each box I'll pump nute water from a recirculating res to the sprayers in the box - Drain to a common res and keep no water in the boxes - 4 inch aero baskets and collars filled with baked clay balls -
Veg another story - I need to clone - Grow- Get them into 4 inch aero baskets -- grow some more before moving to bloom !-- Hook the boxes up with plumbing like bloom but there will be modifications - Then when I get that rolling with that harvest every 2 weeks -- I eventually set up another bloom like the 1st one and just offset it by a week !
Takes time though - Every 2 weeks U move a group to bloom - Starts with one group of plants in a 4 part bloom - Takes U 2 months to get bloom full !- Then it's off and running !--

Edit -- Everytime I've said what I looking for in the bat cave I've said 3 bedroom frame house !- U see I'm planning to put my res under the house to help keep it cool !- Drain to it and pump from it !- pump it to a holding tank out back when changing the res !-- Use it on my fruits and veggies !-- Lights on a timer - Nute water spray on auto pilot -
No shoveling- no hauling no dam water !-- I got this !- Got this trailer that could be converted to hold my second bloom ?- Thinking about painting it with psychedelic colors in a camouflage pattern ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 76 degrees F here in the Mudhole !- Warm and humid !
Pressure is unstable and face feels like storms moving in --
Managed to get to bloom and get some light hangers installed -- I'm growing dank under some questionable lights - Maybe 600 watts a square yard ?-- they gonna like it when I get some real lights !

Biff - When U harvest can make a big difference in the effects of the weed !- U got a jewellers loop or some way to magnify ?- U watch the little clear mushroom shaped trichomes !- As it ripens you'll the triches go from clear to cloudy and then amber !- some take them at about 25% Amber like me - Others may let them go to full amber but my indicas will melt U at 50% Amber !-- Anymore than 50 % they'll put U to sleep !- So now U gotta figure out what works for U !- That's why I like my clones !- U learn about the individual plant after U run it a couple times

Somebody help the cripple -- I used to be able to post pics from my phone - The service is not very good here but When I try to post a pic it say the file is too large !- So how dahell do I make the file smaller ?-- Did the computer system change - I never had this problem before !-

Cannabis break...not quite 4:20...never paid much attention to clocks anyway. The site has a 2mb limit on photos Keef...you can reduce the resolution in your phones camera setting or use an app or online image resizer.... they are simple to use and free. Below is an example of an app and a online service. The app is installed on your phone...site lets you choose Apple or Android...the online service you will upload your photo to the site ...resize it...then save it back to your device.

https://www.image-size.com/

http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/

Biff - When U harvest can make a big difference in the effects of the weed !- U got a jewellers loop or some way to magnify ?- U watch the little clear mushroom shaped trichomes !- As it ripens you'll the triches go from clear to cloudy and then amber !- some take them at about 25% Amber like me - Others may let them go to full amber but my indicas will melt U at 50% Amber !-- Anymore than 50 % they'll put U to sleep !- So now U gotta figure out what works for U !- That's why I like my clones !- U learn about the individual plant after U run it a couple times

Sounds like a plan. I want some fun times and some sleepy time. We shall see. Thanks.

That was fun down one rabbit hole after another !- I kilt the last phone messed with me like this !- Until I get some help I guess I won't be posting pics for awhile - U talking to someone never downloaded an app in his life !-I can barely get here!- I can text , e-mail and search - That's it !- I can get to that app HP posted !- It sends me to an app store but I don't know what to do there !- I pushed a bunch buttons most didn 't do anything- place made no sense to me !--Sent me to the app store - Like dropping me off in the wilderness without a map !- I don't what to do !-- It's me !- Thanks HP I'll have to get someone looking at the screen and tell me what to do !-

Had to shove 4 inches of heavy wet snow off the truck before leaving work right as it was changing to rain, passed a couple cars in the median because no one from Connecticut has yet figured out what 4wd is and more importantly ISN'T intended for. Welcome to winter in vermont. We call them the blue plate specials, cuz that's all you can see sticking out of the shrubbery along the interstate after they wreck their beemers.
Home now with a cold drink and some Nicola conte on the noise box, home made chex mix for dinner because im an Adult and if i want to eat chex mix for dinner i will, d4mmit, fired up the kerosene parlor stove just to cut the damp chill. Dog is pretty into it. Nice n cozy.
About to venture upstairs with the clippers and sacrifice some plants for the next round of burnt offerings to the gods of Chill. Scissors hash on the menu for dessert, just gotta make some first ;)

I need out this mudhole while I still got a remnant of sanity left !-- I'm not handling this that well !-- I need my place and my own grow !- This ain't working for me ! --I'd walk away and start over somewhere else If I could !- I just need some patience and I seem to be mostly outta that !-

Hey Keef, can you get youtube? I get in your position and search youtube. Almost always, someone has a video that hand holds me through what's tripping me up.

Google helps find the youtubes. Hope I didn't aggravate you more with this.

Works with grow questions too, but some really don't know anything.

I'll be OK !- I just have to endure an unpleasant situation a little longer !- The physical hard ships I can adapt to better -- I'm on foot - I have running water in the sink in the trailer - toilet is broke - bathroom and shower over in the big trailer that flooded - to take a shower I have to turn the breaker in to the water heater - turn the water on to the big trailer - There is leak under the big trailer so I have to turn the water on and off for shower bathroom !- No door on the bathroom and it can get cold - U should see me hustling to the bathroom in the cold rain !- This is temporary I can handle this -I'd just like to know how long I gotta do this ?- Open ended I don't do so well --
It's the things that are out of my control that get me down !-That house needs to sell and I need to do a mantra or something to calm myself -When U can't do anything about it U just gotta bend like a willow in the wind and come on back up when the wind dies away !- It's easier said than done !--- Head injury like to do things his own Dam way and Now !- -- At his Place !-- I'll get thru this I think I just needed to vent !- Dam I got a geriatric grow at the Bat Cave pretty much built in my mind except I'll adapt to the room I have to work with !
I'll not only survive this but In the end?- I win !

Dax -- I can Google and You-tube - Been using my phone like a TV - Keeping up with the news - That's where I get my music too - I never think to look up things like resizing a file - mostly because it never occurs to me to do it !-- I'm get new service and maybe a pad soon as I get outta here so pics is really no big deal -- I'll get everything back on track soon as I move !-- gonna get really cold for down here In a few days - Already dug out my long johns !- It's not much but I'll be out the weather in a warm place with my pups !-- Got plenty supplies and extra lighters --enough to smoke !-- I'm just eagar to get the Bat Cave up and running - I'd like to have that second bloom on line and the kinks worked out before the end of the year !- I'm just ready to get outta here and get started !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back