Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work at a corn alcohol distiller. I never learned the actual fermentation side and alcohol evaporators. I worked in the elevator through to the syrup and HFCS side even helping design part of the plant. I was a lifer until got out early for bad behavior. Good people but the corporation sucked the life out of people. The worst part was the drug tests. I had to quit smoking!!! The B*******! LOL.

I might try some distilling later. I don't have a use for the fermented mash. Kind of wasteful if I did.
As to Everclear, In the words of my departed brother as he left the bar with his wife, FIFTY BUCKS IS PRETTY D### STEEP!

Last edited:
Hola, OFC - Still wet, cold and nasty in the Pines. Y'all can keep your "wraparound moisture" down in the gulf, where it belongs! Going to start back up tonight and rain for 36 more hours or so.

DIY tendencies are definitely what got me here. Stepdaughter preggers and moving back home? I'm going to need some weed, after not smoking for many years! Whaddya mean this little bag costs $100? Screw that, I'll grow my own next time! Eight years later, here I am.

Used to brew beer for many years, and got pretty good at it, too - but since I became a doper I don't drink hardy at all any more. I did grow some Cubensis shrooms last year, and they turned out pretty awesome. That was a pretty fun process, I have to say. Still have some spores I have to grow out one of these days. Somebody said the other day that they didn't think they could dose again at our age, but it was no big deal - in fact, it was smoother than I remembered as a young dude.

Peace out - Smoke 'em if you got 'em

I cheated on dam near every drug screen I ever took !-- I don't do drug screens anymore !-- High Fructose Corn Syrup probably ferment real nice ?-- Legal liqour making equipment and let's call it "grey area" equipment do the same thing just do it different !-- Gloman use what's called a pot still - where U ferment filter then put the liquid in a still !- A submarine still is a big still U ferment and cook off the vapor in the same large oblong still - 100 lbs sugar - 100 gallons of water and a lb of yeast -- When the sugar been eaten -- U put the cap on the still and cook off the alcohol vapor - run it thru a thump keg / doubler and on thru a worm to turn it back to liquid !-Take the head off and chop the tail short !- Make little more than could be justified as person use ?

I wanna keep growing as I age and can do less so I wanna start building such a system now !- I ferment wine in the grow room-- ( Only to add CO2 to the grow room )- then condense it in the freezer to about double the alcohol content !- The hardest part is making it taste good !- I run it until it is real dry condense it-- then sweeten with fruit juice or fruit concentrate !- I don't drink but it seems to walk ?- Flat or fizzy - your choice ? - as a gift of course --Coconut is harder but well worth the effort !- I do blueberry well !- Strawberry and Watermelon been tough !- I plan to perfect them this year !

Maybe a party in a bag ?- Quart jar of shine and a big ole bag of weed !- I'll throw in the papers and a lighter !- How much that worth ?

Mr. Keef -- We can't tell from the smell whether U got weed growing over there or if U making liqour ?-- Which is it ?--
Ruh- Row !- I need a lawyer !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning OFC

I have had company this weekend. I have been busy so I have not been on. The show I saw on Friday was awesome. Albert Cummings put on a great show. 3 hours of Blues. :)
His new album was released on Friday and he played new songs from it for the first time live. I bought his new CD at intermission and he signed it.

Blue skies and sunny today. I am smoking some Black Jack and enjoying this day.

Have a GREAT day friends!

Good morning all, Keef our company is leaving in 12 days if you wanna move in. LOL. I told myself i couldn't smoke pot till i got my work done. I done. I drank 3 double espressos this morning and not feeling the buzz. shoot. it is tired out. I am moving on to a sativa and see if it helps. Umbra, i was just looking in my seed drawer, thank you. My little plants are still stupid. I think i will just flip them and see what happens. Never had this happen. Good to read all of you. Thinking of you guys.

Thanks Rose but U know I'm make my stand in Texas !- I already got one foot back up in the Big Thicket !- Caronavirus coming !- Dictator Wanna be in the White House !-I'll be better off up in the woods until somekind of normal comes back !-- After what's coming !--That prepper work HP and others do bout to come in handy !- I know how to live on the river !-
I woulda like to have had some time to prepare but hey it is what it is !- --The American Hitler in charge and I'm going to ground in the thicket soon as I can !

Good morning all, Keef our company is leaving in 12 days if you wanna move in. LOL. I told myself i couldn't smoke pot till i got my work done. I done. I drank 3 double espressos this morning and not feeling the buzz. shoot. it is tired out. I am moving on to a sativa and see if it helps. Umbra, i was just looking in my seed drawer, thank you. My little plants are still stupid. I think i will just flip them and see what happens. Never had this happen. Good to read all of you. Thinking of you guys.
LOL, not sure what you have in your seed drawer but your welcome

Hey Dax!
You say you worked at an ethanol plant?
We have one locally and I was curious what they did with the spent mash?
I feed mine to the birds and Squirlls but its only 5-9 lbs at a time.
Do they sell it off for animal feed?

We did our MOW rounds this am, a nice sunny day drive’n with the windows down and jozi’s head out the window...it’s lookin a lot springier here in NCal...daffodils, flowers, all manner of weeds, even some flowering trees are just say “go for it”!!! Still no direct sun getting into my garden area yet though...I’m planning to put a couple plants out this year in big ‘for me’ 15 gallon pots and try to train them on my garden fence or close to the fence...just not sure what that’s gonna be. Mayhaps something that’s not overly stinky...might have to go seed shoppin...

They sold it as cattle feed. When there was a syrup problem, sugar water would get mixed in. Cattle loved that stuff. One feed lot operator had a standing order to buy it all when that happened. Cattle put on weight fast, and had nicely marbled corn fed steaks.

I was told that the yeast gave the wet feed more nutrition while the complex carbs (starch) that fed the yeast would be incompletely metabolized using the 'nutritionals' that cattle left in a warm pile on the ground.

There were two mills, a dry mill that ground dry corn, added water and yeast, fermented, drained and sold the spelt, and distilled the 'wine'. my guess is that this is the home distillervmethod.

The wet mill separated the components of corn. 60% gluten to feed companies as protein boosters, 21% feed was pelletized and sold as dry cattle feed, some was also quick sold to feed lots saving dryer costs, the germ was dried for corn oil extraction. Starch was the gold, made into syrups, maltodextrin, hfcs, and alcohol. Taxes and fees were so stringent that they bypassed drinking alcohol to make fuel additive.

Last edited:
CKNs like them some fermented corn too !- At least that's what I heard !-- Bigass CKNs ! - They'll fight U for some fermented corn !-- Them CKNs post to cook up real nice too !
I mean if a fellow or gal gonna have some mash around regularly ?- U might want some CKNs ?- Fried CKN as a by product of brewing ?- I can live with that !

Edit -- They might like some fermented sweet horse and mule feed too !- Grain and molasses ?- Might ferment pretty good !-- U don't want the CKNs to get tired of just fermented corn ?-- I think they'd like it ?

Climate Change ?- It's happened before with earth changing effects !- Starts with a warming and unstable weather pattern - The heat within warms up the bottom of the Arctic and Antarctic ice packs then an event !- Last time it was a big space rock blowing up like that Russian explosion at Tunduska (?) - Causes them to slip into the ocean !- Bigass tidal wave like what ended the last ice age and is called Noah's Flood by some ? - Put any evidence of pre deluvian culture coastal culture under 400 ft of water !--- That's what I read anyway ?

Couldn't wait any longer.
I up potted 6 clones today. Sadly, O.L. didn't make the cut. 1 out of 3 took root and I killed it accidentally. Its one heck of a leafy bugger anyway. She's gonna be a bird to trim.
What I'm noticing is sativas seem to be easier over all to trim. Indicas have that knock down punch I need but they are very difficult to trim 1 handed.
Sativa with indica traits?
Y'all got any strain suggestions on strains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back