Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
News you can use. There are people making their own masks and also donating them to people on the front lines of serving the ill. So what makes a good filter? This has fabrics tested for how good a job they do.

Quick short answer is that dish towels or tea towels as my other calls them, folded to two ply, is as effective as surgical masks. There are far better directions on the web for sewing them but a few pleats stitched in both sides and 4 tacks to secure the elastic is the sewing part. A thin store of wire or an aluminum strip can add a form fitting nosepiece..

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/best-materials-make-diy-face-mask-virus/

meet. EM1 would make sense in that it provides feed for the aerobic bacteria. That it works is the important part. I was also reading of people feeding a live culture a mix of water and molasses, 20:1. Give it a few days or a week and you have an inexpensive extender. $4/ gallon?

Last edited:
Nov, when Gman talks about activating EM1, he is referring to taking 3/4 cup of molasses, 3/4 cup EM1 from the bottle and mixing it with 1 gallon of dechlorinated water. When the ph drops to 3.7 or lower it is ready. Usually a week to 10 days. I posted a booklet on how to brew it and how to modify the brews. All ya gotta do is read the stuff I post, lol. As to the aero application that Keef does. I have no idea why it works, but deliberately bubbling EM1 s not a recommendation I would suggest. I have been told repeatedly that all anaerobic microbes are bad. That EM1 will never survive in an environment using GH 3 part, as it has no food for the EM1 microbes, but it works and it works well.

Yeah anerorbic in an aerobic environment makes no sense !- I've come to the conclusion it's not the EM1 culture but it's thier waste products that do me right -- An anerorbic organism can't survive my oxygenated boxes ! - I just call it magic !

Edit : -- Unless U got no Oxygen in your root zone it's not living long in your **** either - Anerobic - not in the presence of free O2 !

Last edited by a moderator:
Umbra, have you posted two different texts on it? I haven't been to my desktop in weeks really but I'm pretty sure I've saved everything you've linked for us. One of them was huge. Like 180 pages and it was a link to an off-site library. They had a fee of 10$ to download, iirc. Maybe I was just feeling generous because you sent me to the source of the info? Idk lol. I tried to dive into that but there's to many distractions and it's very in depth. I think I remember seeing a smaller one also? Maybe that's the one I need to get to?

Added: the stuff works even if I am confusing myself and making it more complicated. I can see it in my plants. They are healthier, more vibrant and they grow faster. Even just adding it to the water.

Last edited:
Good morning ofc... I finally found a loaf of bread yesterday at the store but today, I’m making a loaf my own d@mn self...
I’ll let ya know how it turns out after-while...
Sunny out today so I guess I’ll go work the garden as I ain’t supposed to go anywhere...Y’all stay safe ok...
Hey Zigggy, glad to hear you and the boy are good!!!

Good morning all, cold and sunny, half right. Thanks Stinky, if our daughter has the coronavirus it sure makes her talk a lot. My ear is sore. She probably smoking the sativa like her mother. She should hear back today. So i ate my weight in ice cream, i don't even like ice cream but the news is making me cray cray. Don't tell me to stop watching it and I will as soon as it warms and i can go finish pruning 25 roses. I will be fine. LOL
How long does it take impatience seeds to pop? I always buy them in a pony pack so haven't grown them from seed.
We are going to order thai food tonight so our guy doesn't go out of business. Pick up only.
Have a great day.

G'mornin' OFC! High ya'll! I hope you all are well. I have a scheduled 6 month check up next week so I went in for labs yesterday. It took 10 minutes for the sampling but another 20 to get out as I was shuffled from room to room to avoid the occurrence of TWO humans in the same room breathing the same air at the same time. I'm sure they did the same thing with EVERYbody before me and EVERYbody afterward. I ain't skeered 'cause I'm healthy, hale, and hearty. I believe inoculations WORK and as a result am caught up including Prevnar and Pneumovax. I caught glimpses of some very old, very ill and feeble folks while there yesterday, too. I overheard a lady recalling the Polio pandemic of the 40's and 50's and how it eventually affected everyday life until the vaccine in '55, I think. I carry a scar from THAT inoculation, as well. I know everybody isn't as lucky as me and wish everyone good health during all this. NO thing is more important.
Hey! on a brighter note, I worked in a factory for over 35 years and NOT ONE TIME ... did my Boss ever call me up and tell me to stay tf at HOME! Not once! Now I've got FOMO! There's a whole lotta mugs sittin' at home today lookin' like this ...
me af.jpg

Have a great day everyone!

Get well soon Umbra - U old Cuss - Take more than this to put U down !
I was in survival mode already so I haven't had the woe is me fear of the virus -- It was handled badly by the administration and it'll get worse hefore it gets better --
My biggest concern of the day is will my nicotine e- cig juice get here or am I gonna have to go get a pack of cigs ?
I am a nicotine addict- I perfer getting it from an e-cig but I was a smoker for a long time and I will have my nicotine !
Don't need to he shooting **** and acting a fool - Other than that the weed grows - I stay high -- rats gonna die ! -- Don't know how dahell I'm be able to cool the grow if I have to stay here awhile -- Need some more EM1 myself - U guys gave me an idea for making it stretch -- I'll activate it and use it from there - and be generous with it !- Need another beneficial bacteria innoculate - Voodoo Juice to expensive -
I think I paid $200 for a quart !- I guess I'll be making that Richie Riches hydro tea --

This U can grow with a bubbler and a little mollasses -- I've consided adding some mollasses to my res to feed the beneficial bacteria -- but what I do now is change my nute water about half way thru bloom -- leave a little in the box to start the culture in the new water !
I need some of that Umbra !

Rain is all most here...so I gave up and came inside...got an install done...came home and mowed yard...2nd mowing and Spring does not start till 10:49 pm CST...going to be a long Summer. Matristar light arrived and is doing its job all ready...these things excel at garden transplants...might just start selling a few to local gardeners. Yogurt break and 4:20 practice....the heat is on...fire it up baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back