Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That bunch held my hand through my first grow earlier this year. OUTSTANDING(!) tips and information from each and every one. I've looked back over the thread trying to figure out what and when ... but the truth is I'm 69 and growing my own for the first time. My political views are private; you're welcome to yours.
Ms. Panama and Lady Crescendo are my only second run and I made about HALF the mistakes I made on run #1 because of the help and advice I received HERE. Run #3 is sprouts and seedlings and I'll make more mistakes with them. I'm one of those guys who doesn't just want to learn how to do it I want to learn how to do it RIGHT.
So I may be asking for help and advice from you good folks along the way if you don't mind.

View attachment 263635
welcome back billy, ask away i'm sure someone will have a answer.

Found out what the answer to a riddle is: When is your fanny not a fanny? When it's a draggin'.
Got the monster aquarium cleaned and standing tall. Seven hours, and no goofing off involved. I'm beat. I was dreading filling it until I figured out a better way than hauling 26 five gallon buckets. I used a submersible pump that I used for RDWC growing, stuck it in the kitchen sink, and let her run. Work smarter, not harder. Time to get stoned.

depends on why they are getting chickens
eggs , meat , or pets

We definitely want egg layers, but mostly meat, I would say.

Luckily we bought 40 acres and we have a few family homesteads together sharing the chicken and chicken duties, so finding a chicken sitter should not be a necessity for us to get away for a bit.

I've heard they are mean animals, so more gentle breed would also be good 😉

Luckily we bought 40 acres and we have a few family homesteads together sharing the chicken and chicken duties, so finding a chicken sitter should not be a necessity for us to get away for a bit.

all the roosters are mean

buff Orpingtons have a good nature , very gentle breed , meat and egg layers

See the source image

The cuddliest chickums are buff-orpingtons. They'll lay down in your lap.

Buff-Orpington-2-250x250.jpg

Nice
What a fine mess we gotten ourselves in to LOL
See the source image

Thanks for the welcome
I tend to come on too strong and piss people off due to my strange humor
But I see most here are like me or worse .LOL
i'm the one that pisses people off most of the time but i have been being good for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back