Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta get on line when I get settled and get me some juice concentrate to ferment !-- I never heard of anyone fermenting some Delaware Punch or Hawaiian Punch so I gotta give it a shot !-- It'll be good !-- I'm starting to get the hang of it !-- I wonder how much alcohol should be in Hawaiian Punch ?-- I'm thinking maybe 25% ( 50 proof ) ?

I shouldn't be giving out my secrets like this but I fried some CKN nuggets and French fries in about half vegetable oil and half coconut oil !-- U ever had French fries fried in coconut oil ?-- Don't try it U won't like it -- much !--

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not that much different than makin wine except you have to cook it and it’s done faster than wine...easier if you decide to keg instead of bottle...just one bottle to clean instead of 50...some people say you’ll drink more if you have a keg but I don’t find that to be true cuz if I have beer, I’m gonna drink it...don’t matter if it comes from a keg or a bottle..but I like beer...
Lately I’ve been doing extract kits and that’s not a bad place to start. I usually spend a good part of the day doing all grainbut I can do a batch of extract beer in a couple hours including the cleanup...A place called Midwest Supplies has some pretty good deals and free shipping on orders over $30 and that pretty much includes all their 5 gallon kits...

Midwest is good but Austin is better. I like the in between full grain and an extract kits, called mini mashes. Austin has very good clone kits, so if you like ZombieDust from 3Floyds but can't buy it because they don't ship West, you can make it.

RE --That's where I bought my wine making stuff - and bottles !-- They got everything !-- Even stills if I remember right ?-- So I need to pick me out a beer making kit ?-- It'll have directions !-- Me no bottle that much beer !-- That's like trimming !-- Too much like work for my taste !- So I'll keep my eye open for a keg or 2 and something to cool it !-They got some expensive chillers over there too !----- I want some of those Wooden kegs one day (small ones) when I set up a still !-- I got a plan bout something but it would require a lot of alcohol -- like a 55 gallon full !-- I wash whole plants in it !-- Or spray them and collect the run off !
I winterize it (maybe) and remove the alcohol later !-- It's what I got in mind for high CBD plants !-- They for eating not smoking so why I need to worry about some waxes and water soluable stuff ?--I decarb as the last step and make sure alcohol is gone !-- Might put some back in so I can handle and measure the stuff !-- It's not RSO by the book but alcohol dissolve trichs and some other stuff -- Remove the alcohol and work with what's left !-- No freezing just done !

I did buy that heady topper kit from Austin a while back...

Morning O.F.C.!-- What we gonna do today ?-- Rose - Burnin1 and the Gloman -- Your scissors are over there --we know what ya'll doing !
Florida got tore up by that storm !-- Anyone know how to check on Kraven and them good ole boys ?-- I think that storm came right at Kraven -- Yard dog in that area too !-- We may not see eye to eye but I hope they came through it O.K. !
Coffee is on!-- Pipe is right there !-- Wake and Bake time !

Good morning y'all.
Frost warnings here! Cold as a well diggers a**.
I'm in town doing laundry now then back to the pot mines.
All y'all over there in hurricane territory have my best wishes.
Some things ya just can't prepare for. I hope those who could got out.

Dam Gloman U reminded me of that load of clothes in the dryer !-- I forgot about it last night !-- Guess I'll have to throw a damp towel in with them and tumble them awhile before I get them out !-- They might have a wrinkle or 2 right now !-- I hate folding clothes !--
Keeping an eye on the news see how bad Florida got it !--
Gloman is right about somethings U can't prepare for like 150 mph winds and walls of water !-- Situation like that U can't stand your ground -- U do U die !-- U wanna live ?-- U run !
Been thinking about East Texas -- Real estate is cheaper up in those piney woods but I kinda like it out here --I just need to be up off the coast some !-- I need to quit playing around and get serious about finding a new place and get the grow working !-- Texas change this mmj law after the 1st of the year and I'm not gonna be where I wanted to be with the grow !-- I need to start seed --Cut out my girls -- Grow them out so I can start filling my aero cloners -- Then fill up veg-- Grow them big enough for bloom and then 2 months before the rotation begins to roll again !-- I had hoped to have my Indicas ready by now and working on hybrids !-- I feel like I'm behind the 8 ball but I still got an advantage over anyone else in Texas even If we started even !-( I got no intention of playing fair)- I been in the trenches growing for 5 years !-
I got the genetics -- but my biggest advantage is knowing U guys !--- We already here Texas !--- Blow the dam whistle !
--

Cuz U just don't know how ignorant Texas can be about weed !-- I saw a big news story about weed maybe a year ago !-- Did U know that American pot farmers are having seed to these ultra potent pot varieties smuggled in from Europe ?-- I talk to the T.V. sometimes so I piped right in !-- U got it all wrong !-- Europe wants our genetics ! -- That's the kinda world I gotta live in !-- A place where most don't even know weed got names !-- Only weed they know about comes in kilo bricks from Mexico !-- I'm be like a fox in the hen house !

Just figured I’d pop in and wish everyone in excellent morning

Bud where ya been ?-- I hope all goes well !-- Stop in more often Cuz !-- I gotta keep in touch with U !-- I owe U some seed !-- What U growing up there ?

Good morning all, this is one wilted rose bud here. I am walking dead. Bud is awesome, a machine. we got the NL5 done cut yesterday, Jarring the chocolope. and taking the Pennytine today. My whole house and yard is pot debrie. Great harvest numbers wise i think. Best grow i have ever had.
So people use coconut oil to clean your hands. So much better for ya than that alcohol and works just as good. I keep a nasty jar outdoors just for that.
Our daughter is here. working the heck out of her. poor lady.
Umbra, can i make oil w/out a cure?

International Day of the Woman !-- U got this Rose !--
Why would U not be able to make oil outta green weed ?

Gloman -- U got a soldering iron and know how to use it ?
I got some broke MarsHydro 300 watt leds needs fixing !-- One chip went out on each and when a chip goes out they like those old Christmas tree lights -- One go out in a series they all go out !-- I been into them and they really don't want U taking that light board out !-- U run a jumper around the bad chip the rest will work !-- It is a pain in daass !-- Anyway when I get settled I'll send them with your seed if U want ?-- There's 2 or 3 --all with the same problem !-- I plan to upgrade so I'm not fixing them !-- Maybe U can use the drivers and fans if nothing else ?-- They'll work just fine if U jump around the bad chip !

Good morning OFC
I ended up cutting down the rest of my plants. I put the branches the drying rack with leaves on them. I am so tired cutting and trimming. At this rate it would take me forever to finish the rest. I read an article here about drying the branches and then picking the dried fan leaves off and trimming dry. Sounds good to me. I can take my time trimming the rest. I have never grown such a heavy harvest from pots. I am lucky. The Blackberry Fire strain is a good Indica to grow and it smells like fresh fruit. Yummy. :)

Have an awesome day guys.

Come on Burnin1 !-- U can do it !-- Trimming dry don't work for me !-- I'm have to get me one those rotary trimmers like Rose got !-- BlackBerry Fire ?-- Indica !-- I be back -- I gotta look it up !-- I might be needing me some ?

Oh yeah !-- Black Berry Fire want to come to Texas !-- I can just feel it !-- Look at that finish time ?-- Me can work wit dat !

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel ya Rose.
Meeee toooo!
I thought I was about done with the WI but the further I dig in the more it keeps showing me.
She has limbs everywhere!
Break time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back